January Transfer Suggestion Thread

needles

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I might be alone here but for me, Bamford can go and play with himself. 

Totally agree with you, the tweets around Forest's win here and his celebration after he scored at the iPro he can do one. He is not as good as he thinks he is and this spell at Palace proves it. We need better than him for where we are goin

Don't understand the animosity towards Bamford. I'm surehe celebrated all his and our goals wiyh equal fervour whilst with us, even the ones against Forest. Alright he made the comments before the Forest game after he'd gone, but they are his boyhood team. From what I've seen he gives his all for whichever team he's playing for. Surely nobody could ask him to do more.

4 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

I have been playing fifa yes, but i refuse to play career mode, strictly an online player...

But i have a friend in Belgium who says he commands the midfield

I think he means he wouldn't come to a championship club.

2 hours ago, brutamuk said:

Bamford is available again. Ended his loan with Palace. 

Boro probably favourites to get him on loan though. 

Bamford can do one, we don't need a player with his ego at the club when he hasn't exactly hit things big yet. would much rather see someone with a hunger for the game come like Gayle. I dare say most players who get big moves at a young age come with the same oversized ego.

3 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Aiden McGeady? Not getting any games at all for Everton and has a great cross on him. 

Would add to the irish contingent we already have.. I personally had admired him since his days in the russian league..

Wouldnt mind him in a rams shirt, even on loan

10 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

why not, if the moneys right, i mean, if the money was right, he would go and lay in the israeli 4th division

Er......i think barcelona is a more likely destination for tielemans.

1 hour ago, Bulliebeef said:

From viewing last night I still think we need a right back, Christie loses the ball too often exposing us to counter attacks, 

left back, warnock not got the speed to cope with quick players 

bent offered very little in terms of threat 

I love these positive contributions - no wonder we're 2nd in the table and 4 points clear of our nearest challengers!

3 hours ago, Bulliebeef said:

From viewing last night I still think we need a right back, Christie loses the ball too often exposing us to counter attacks, 

Christie has arguably been the best right back in the league since he came back into the team, you could just see he was oozing with confidence yesterday and pace isn't everything with a defender (look at shackell, he's slow as anyone but his positioning more than makes up for it). 

7 hours ago, Bulliebeef said:

Ah I detect a hint that maybe you have only seen one game this season.....

I didn't think Christie had a great game last night but I'd agree he's been brilliant this season - baird can competently cover right back anyway so there's no need to add in this position

I'd also agree that warnock will always struggle against pace however he to has been very good since coming into the team - considering the full backs then maybe some cover at left back  although outside of the previously mentioned olsson or the young lad from Leicester i couldn't suggest any players - that said i think that what we have is more than enough to maintain a promotion push

My concerns from last night were that our defense looked significantly weaker without Shackell (which is inevitable) however clearly Shotton is not good enough for the current team - I'd hope Pearce would be more able to fill any central defensive gap though

The main 'worry' then - based solely upon last night - would be in the centre forward and wide forward positions - cover for Martin appears to be inadequate and Weimann and Russell could be replaced with players who could have a greater impact - eg McCormack/ Afobe/ Byram/ Grealish / Austin/ Rhodes/ Antonio etc

Archived