Graham Richards

jcidaho

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god knows, I don't know the rules on twitter. Maybe Owen Bradley should follow me! lol

I think you owe Mr Bradley an apology! 

When you protect your Tweets, the following restrictions are put in place:

People will have to request to follow you; each follow request will need approval. Learn more.
Your Tweets will only be visible to users you've approved.
Others will not be able to retweet or quote your Tweets.
Protected Tweets will not appear in Google search; protected Tweets will only be searchable on Twitter by the account holder and approved followers.
@Replies you send to people who aren't following you will not be seen by those users (because you have not given them permission to see your Tweets).
You cannot share permanent links to your Tweets with anyone other than your approved followers.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/14016

I guess it depends if your 19 year old daughter on a job interview died trying to escape from the 31st floor when the building collapsed or not.

yes, but I guarantee 90% of the people complaining did not have that reason to be sensitive. 

I know it's different, but when people who were not listening to Russell Brand and Johnathon Ross managed to somehow be offended by proxy, it's over-sensitivity. Same in regards to the complainants.

I remember Rodney Marsh being sacked for a joke that went something like "Beckham will never sign for Newcastle after what the Toonarmy did to Thailand", obviously a gag on the Tsunami. This is also insensitive to some, but shouldn't be to others.

I think you owe Mr Bradley an apology! 

When you protect your Tweets, the following restrictions are put in place:

People will have to request to follow you; each follow request will need approval. Learn more.
Your Tweets will only be visible to users you've approved.
Others will not be able to retweet or quote your Tweets.
Protected Tweets will not appear in Google search; protected Tweets will only be searchable on Twitter by the account holder and approved followers.
@Replies you send to people who aren't following you will not be seen by those users (because you have not given them permission to see your Tweets).
You cannot share permanent links to your Tweets with anyone other than your approved followers.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/14016

I will see if he tweets me some abuse first! hahaha,

Fairplay to him though, sent a follow request

ScreenHunter_163.thumb.jpg.7ffe5e1ac4f45

yes, but I guarantee 90% of the people complaining did not have that reason to be sensitive. 

I know it's different, but when people who were not listening to Russell Brand and Johnathon Ross managed to somehow be offended by proxy, it's over-sensitivity. Same in regards to the complainants.

I remember Rodney Marsh being sacked for a joke that went something like "Beckham will never sign for Newcastle after what the Toonarmy did to Thailand", obviously a gag on the Tsunami. This is also insensitive to some, but shouldn't be to others.

Only 90%?? I don't think that you have to have an immediate connection to that particular disaster to have felt some sensitivity about it. I wasn't offended as such, I just thought "what a total prat". 

If you are broadcasting you have a responsibility for the content of what you say into microphone. If it is the type of program where the boundaries are pushed (and I enjoy those progammes myself), that is fine because the audience chooses to engage with those progammes. 

Some subjects are best left to jokes among mates in the pub.

My mother once nearly died from food poisoning in Singapore from a chicken sandwich. Should I hate Graham Richards too?

Gosh!!! Who hates Graham Richards? He is a really nice bloke. I didn't particulalry rate him as a broadcaster but it was only his part-time job.

For me, he was THE voice of Derby when I was growing up. I remember rushing out of the baseball ground with my dad to try and catch his summary, and see what he made of the (usually pretty rubbish) match. Some of my absolute best memories of Derby are narrated beautifully by his dry wit and unquestionable passion for what he did. 

Some of you are upset you didn't get to hear more about the match? You can get the replays of the goals on your phones, minutes after they've gone in. You can follow every global media writeup of the game in the pub as soon as you arrive. The coverage we have these days compared to the green'un, teletext and so on is immense. And some of you still moan? 

Blimey. 

After hearing the great man on the commentary yesterday i spent a couple of hours watching all the videos on you tube with his commentary....wow, there was some special special moments on there, real "hairs on the back of your neck" sticking up stuff...

As Graham said yesterday i can remember the Phil Gee goal at Sheffield United like it was yesterday, when he burst through, starting to climb on to the fence at the front, he never missed one on one, powering up toward us and smashing it in....(didn't Burridge wear an old mans mask before the game too?) bouncing on the fence, rocking it back and forward, the surge of everyone behind... but i have no idea what i had for dinner last night..

Thanks bcnram for clearing that up. Very insensitive and unnecessary. Gone down a little in my estimations.

me too ... but the truth is it is all timing.. We can say "rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic" without any aprobium becuse time has passed. As a comment that was very surprising from GR .. Didn't seem like the man who was so pithy and pertinent but decent minded when commentating in his prime. We all make mistakes -  he was a wonderful partisan local Radio commentator and clearly a thoroughly amiable bloke. I suspect he was deeply embarrassed at the time. 

time and a place to talk about those days, straight after a 4-2 win isn't one... Unless you're Forest. Then you have to bring it up every 5 minutes. 

After a Derbh match would seem a good time to talk about Derbyshire County.

Why is so important to have someone to tell you about a match you have just watched 5 minutes previously? !

That last sentence was a little  insensitive when mentioning the world trade centre attacks

me too ... but the truth is it is all timing.. We can say "rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic" without any aprobium becuse time has passed. As a comment that was very surprising from GR .. Didn't seem like the man who was so pithy and pertinent but decent minded when commentating in his prime. We all make mistakes -  he was a wonderful partisan local Radio commentator and clearly a thoroughly amiable bloke. I suspect he was deeply embarrassed at the time. 

Totally agree with that. Quick though, change it to opprobrium before the spelling and grammar nazi's get you.

Archived