Still 9 points behind the leaders

plymouthram

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What has supporting Forest got to do with saying for our massive outlay on transfer fees our league position is currently unacceptable. 

Seeing as you are very keen to highlight the cash that Derby have spent on the new acquisitions as the sole criterion for determining success or failure with respect to the current league position (you were suggesting that 10 points from 7 games is a woeful tally for £20m spent but changed tack suddenly when it was pointed out to you that half of that amount has only played in the last two games - and the resultant 6 points), don't you think that in fairness, you should take into account the fact that we are without players of comparable value owing to injuries?

In my book, even if Hughes + Bryson + Thorne only equals £10m, then surely the paltry 4 points from 5 games must have been achieved for the grand total of £10m - £10m = £0, and therefore the only net outlay relative to players otherwise indisposed has been the £10m spent in the last fortnight, which has resulted in a 100% record since that point, unless I am mistaken.

Could have gone the other way with a new manager coming in, that's what normally happens. Imagine winning the first 6 with PC in charge, getting excited, then dropping down...

I put it down to Paul being no nonsense but calm enough not to panic and figure things out for himself. A steady match on match improvement and we'll be well on our way to a strong top two finish.

Why worry about the table? We will try and win as many games as possible and that will put us somewhere come the business end of the season. I'm still confident of us being right up there, we've started picking up results in the last 2 without playing well, which is what the top teams do. With more confidence (which only comes from winning games) the attacking belief and fluency will come and performances will improve. I  very much doubt that we could keep up great attacking flair all year, but keeping it tight and fighting, scrapping draws and wins when things aren't quite clicking sets you up well for the good runs.

Also, say what you like about Brighton, but take it game by game and if they keep winning more games than anyone else, they get promoted and deservedly so. 

I enjoyed the free flow stuff but always felt we could concede at any moment but also score.

This season I feel much more assured that we may not concede all game especially silly goals so to speak. It's a lot better for my heart rate that's for sure. The goals will come once we get the right balance and confidence up there. I think playing on the counter suits us hopefully our home form picks up as we're much better suited to playing away at the moment.

Should have beaten Charlton, should have beaten Birmingham, shouldn't have lost to Leeds... It's been a season of fine margins so far and personally I think with a bit more luck (and maybe accuracy) we could easily be 5 points better off...

I find it reassuring that even though we haven't broken into full stride yet we're picking up points... Playing some (emphasis on some) good football AND we didn't get bullied by Boro again...

What has supporting Forest got to do with saying for our massive outlay on transfer fees our league position is currently unacceptable. 

So true, we should be winning every away game at least 3-0, and every home game 5-0. We have conceded too many and scored no where near enough. We have let other teams have far too much possession, we should be having 90% of the ball, the only time they should have the ball is from kick offs and that should be no more than 45 seconds. This is not good enough :angry::angry:

Archived