Still 9 points behind the leaders

plymouthram

Well as we all know after watching years of football, the table after 7 matches played gives you an excellent idea of how teams will finish, and if we were promoted after this pathetic start it would be unprecedented in the world of football. 

Just look how accurate last season's table was after 10 games on September 30th 2014. The warning signs were already there for last season's strugglers Bournemouth - after losing 2-0 to Derby with a meagre 5 shots registered in the entire match and only 43% possession, they were 8 points behind 2nd place Nottingham Forest, whose flying start was of course the key ingredient in their promotion to the Premier League last season.

A Pict.png

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea have 4 points from 5 games....so that must mean they will finish bottom half of the PL. why bother with the remaining 30+ games if the table is set in stone by mid september...wish i had known this when shelling out for a season ticket for the last 15 years.

For me I still think we will be up at the top as I think we look pretty solid and have plenty of options attacking wise. I will have a little moan though as I don't think we are going to be a great side to watch and on the evidence I have seen thus far I believe Clement's style is quite pragmatic.

Because the table is now leveling out and both Brighton and Boro are now playing well...

At this time last season the top two in Sept 14 both ended getting promoted.

Did you see my table a couple of matches later on the 30th?

Forest joint top on points.

Bournemouth 15th.

Only half of the top 6 at that point made it.

Two of the eventual top 6 weren't in the top half of the table.

Because the table is now leveling out and both Brighton and Boro are now playing well...

At this time last season the top two in Sept 14 both ended getting promoted.

Forest didn't get promoted so therefore you're wrong at that one. 

The table isn't leveling out. Some will stick, some will drop. 

Have the same arguments every year. Every year. 

Same with pre season friendlies. Every year it's the same arguments

Every year the same happens. Some stick and some drop and you can't predict which is which. 

Every year some teams with poor pre season start the season well and teams with great pre seasons start off at snail pace. 

But we'll have the same discussions next September. 

16th Sept 14 both Norwich and Watford were top two - check your facts and give your head a shake!

Hahaha you're really stupid. P.S Johnny Russell said hi hater x 

What has supporting Forest got to do with saying for our massive outlay on transfer fees our league position is currently unacceptable. 

Really? Not got much patience have you?

At the end of the season our current position would be unacceptable but right now we are just finding our feet and with two of our new signings only having played 2 games I would say right now 10th is perfectly acceptable. 

Archived