Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if he handed in a transfer request I can see their chairman refusing it. I had a read through his Q&A answers tonight and he just seems like he's arrogant and what he wants, he gets. Powell wanted to re-sign Gobern to a new contract and the chairman refused and called him a 'sick note' during the Q&A. He's said Vaughan won't get a new deal because he's always injured too. So he's ignoring Powell's (And probably the player's) wishes

I see what you mean, Cam

There are no cheap players around now. We need to look abroad.

Clement quite rightly did not comment on Butterfield but he did not say that it was out of the question. Derby need promotion this season. we need to splash the cash, get promotion and then if we get relegated we can try again and money will not be an issue. We need to speculate to accumulate. Mel Morris said thast he would follow Stoke's pattern and throw lumps of money at it. We do not know how big those lumps are but now is the time to speculate. i am certain that Mel will get his money back.

I think we'll get him but may have to pay a little more than we'd have otherwise liked to.

We've got money & no midfielders, sides are going to want to get every last penny out of us whilst we are in a situation where we need midfielders fast.

I think we'll get him but may have to pay a little more than we'd have otherwise liked to.

We've got money & no midfielders, sides are going to want to get every last penny out of us whilst we are in a situation where we need midfielders fast.

excellent point  ,   it appears whom ever we bid for  at least 1.5 to 2mill  and feasibly more  is added - admitted if we where selling  id want us to extort the price 

excellent point  ,   it appears whom ever we bid for  at least 1.5 to 2mill  and feasibly more  is added - admitted if we where selling  id want us to extort the price 

Agreed. Basically if we want to get a player good enough to start for us, we're going to have to look at PL fringe players or abroad. Any midfielder in this league who will be worth signing will already be a regular at their club.

Team with money + desperate to fill a position x time running out for permanent transfer window = inflated prices. There's not a we can do about any of those right now.

If he signs for £3.5 million it's very good business! Let's not forget that may not all be upfront cash.

The very fact that we launched this bid immediately after having 2 more midfielders sidelined shows he's our man and I reckon he'll be announced before Friday!

If he signs for £3.5 million it's very good business! Let's not forget that may not all be upfront cash.

The very fact that we launched this bid immediately after having 2 more midfielders sidelined shows he's our man and I reckon he'll be announced before Friday!

Clement said any signings before Friday are 'very unlikely' last night post-match.

He talked about having several options to go for. Ours and Huddersfield's valuations appear to be some way off.

At this point of the window selling clubs will try to drag it out to deadline day to get top dollar. 

On the other hand how would they then replace their best player if left until deadline day as wouldnt they then be in our predicament with clubs pushing the price of a replacement up

Archived