Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

You seem not to have read the question ("Is he an attacking midfielder?") and my response to it. Oh well...

Everyone's very excited that we may be after a player Boro let go when they decided it was time to mount a serious promotion challenge.

Would you classify Hughes as an attacking midfielder?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only the female Alan Nixon (Lana, maybe), but...

So you're all worshipping false idols now, eh?

Moses will be right brassed off when he comes down from the mountain and asks whether anyone wants to buy ten commandments.

It is no slight on Hanson if we bring in another two mid fielders even before Hughes injury Clement was saying we were one short in midfield.

So two now makes sense remember Hanson was in the squad before this we need competition and if we pick up another injury you will all be asking why we did not sign cover.

Hanson apparently from what people are saying played well sounded like it on the radio (work stopped my attendance) he needs to continue it if he is to stay in the team just like anyone else.I think that is the way Clement is going to run it judging by his comments.

So when a new manager comes in and decides to make changes, that automatically makes players bad does it?

Maybe Tom Ince is useless because Hull didn't want him in their promotion challenge, or Shackell because Burnley didn't.

Your point is unbelievably flawed and generalised.

Bizarre response. What have I done to upset you, SRG?

Of course your two examples are nonsense. Bruce was desperate to keep Ince but unable because we activated the release clause in his contract and he chose us. Dyche similarly wanted to keep Shackell. Of course it's a generalized point, but I'm simply saying that Boro thought he wasn't up to the challenge and swapped him out for someone they considered better. We're the club with ambition in this league and are bringing in what we consider better players so they'll take us up.

Likewise Boro a year ago. If a club is becoming ambitious they will try to bring superior players in than those they had before and in a like-for-like swap and Boro clearly deemed Adam Clayton significantly better than Jacob Butterfield: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28772346. While some on here are saying Butterfield is one of the top midfielders in the league, I'm simply putting forward some evidence to suggest Boro who he was playing for decided he wasn't and that I worry he'd be another "body" for the squad.

It is no slight on Hanson if we bring in another two mid fielders even before Hughes injury Clement was saying we were one short in midfield.

So two now makes sense remember Hanson was in the squad before this we need competition and if we pick up another injury you will all be asking why we did not sign cover.

Hanson apparently from what people are saying played well sounded like it on the radio (work stopped my attendance) he needs to continue it if he is to stay in the team just like anyone else.I think that is the way Clement is going to run it judging by his comments.

Bizarre response. What have I done to upset you, SRG?

Of course your two examples are nonsense. Bruce was desperate to keep Ince but unable because we activated the release clause in his contract and he chose us. Dyche similarly wanted to keep Shackell. Of course it's a generalized point, but I'm simply saying that Boro thought he wasn't up to the challenge and swapped him out for someone they considered better. We're the club with ambition in this league and are bringing in what we consider better players so they'll take us up.

Likewise Boro a year ago. If a club is becoming ambitious they will try to bring superior players in than those they had before and in a like-for-like swap and Boro clearly deemed Adam Clayton significantly better than Jacob Butterfield: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28772346. While some on here are saying Butterfield is one of the top midfielders in the league, I'm simply putting forward some evidence to suggest Boro who he was playing for decided he wasn't and that I worry he'd be another "body" for the squad.

I don't see how you think I'm upset in anyway. I just don't see how your point of view could be remotely correct, backed up with tenuous examples.

There's hundreds upon hundreds of examples where players perform well under some managers or at some clubs compared to others. It would be extremely narrow minded to dismiss Butterfield just because Karanka didn't want him when he first arrived. What makes him law on player judgment? What's saying he hasn't dramatically improved since he left? There's so many factors here which you're completely dismissing just because he left Boro. It's bizarre. None of this is even because I rate him, as I said earlier in the thread, I don't know a great deal about him, but this argument goes for players all over the country. No player would move anywhere given your logic.

Forest released Will Hughes (but I do understand your point)

Some players just don't settle and hit form at a club for whatever reason and get moved on. Some players join a club and are the new pele straight away. The game is littered with such players and it's the way it is, especially with the turn around of managers at clubs.

Chris Martin was a flop on loan at Swindon don't forget.

Powell saying HE wont entertain any bids for Butterfield, however HE also doesn't want Smithies to leave but the Chief Exec pulled him out of the squad and is selling him against his wishes.

The decision looks like its not up to Powell anyway

I hope we can get Butterfield. I rate him highly. The team below is :wub:

........................................Carson..........................................

Baird................Keogh.......................Shackell.................Forsyth

.......................................Thorne.................................................

.............Butterfield.................................Hughes..........................

Ince...............................Martin...............................Weimann

Subs; Grant - Pearce - Hendrick - Bryson - Shotton - Russell - Bent

You seem not to have read the question ("Is he an attacking midfielder?") and my response to it. Oh well...

Everyone's very excited that we may be after a player Boro let go when they decided it was time to mount a serious promotion challenge.

You seem to not have read my response to the same question. When I've seen him he's acted as a traditional 'number 8' in a similar vein to Hughes. Hughes being the player we appear to be looking to replace with Butterfield.

Hendrick and Bryson score most of their goals by using their pace and stamina and being the third man runners, essentially becoming a second striker alongside Martin. Hughes tends to be the player making the pass, not busting a gut running past Martin. That's what we need from Butterfield if he comes, not necessarily goals as that's primarily the job of Hendrick/Bryson.

Archived