Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not annoyed by the transfers in the slightest, I can't get my head around why some people are. 

The only one I have been left confused about, as I imagine many people are, is Pearce. I don't see how he gets in this team and stays in it - unless Keogh has poor run of games. 

We look disjointed up top, I do admit, but none of the players we've brought in look anything other than good technically. I'm a very strong believer that as long as you have a player who is technically good, you can make it work. 

I think Steve McClaren would have relished having an attacking selection which we do now - I just hope Clement takes a leaf out of his book and gets us playing with more risk and fluency. 

I said at the time and still think things went too fast, four players signed almost before the ink had dried on the managers contract, he should have bedded in first IMHO. 

Cool innit! 

Imagine goalkeepers trying to set their wall up for a freekick that's central. Which side do they put it?

Any idea how many goals he's got in his career from being able to fool the keeper with those central free kicks of his StringerBell?

I might be wrong but I thought he was a one goal every 10 games kind of player?

I'm not annoyed by the transfers in the slightest, I can't get my head around why some people are. 

The only one I have been left confused about, as I imagine many people are, is Pearce. I don't see how he gets in this team and stays in it - unless Keogh has poor run of games. 

We look disjointed up top, I do admit, but none of the players we've brought in look anything other than good technically. I'm a very strong believer that as long as you have a player who is technically good, you can make it work. 

I think Steve McClaren would have relished having an attacking selection which we do now - I just hope Clement takes a leaf out of his book and gets us playing with more risk and fluency. 

Agree  that McClaren would relish these attacking options and am desperately hoping for more fluency. I think also more bravery.

And also agree about Pearce, but I think we bought him because we expected Keogh to move on. Or maybe to move him on, quite possibly as part-exchange for Shackell as Dyche is a fan. While it's early days, it looks as though Shackell might be the guy to really get the best out of Keogh and that could be a good partnership. But it's a bummer for Pearce, especially with Jake back in full training.

Agree  that McClaren would relish these attacking options and am desperately hoping for more fluency. I think also more bravery.

And also agree about Pearce, but I think we bought him because we expected Keogh to move on. Or maybe to move him on, quite possibly as part-exchange for Shackell as Dyche is a fan. While it's early days, it looks as though Shackell might be the guy to really get the best out of Keogh and that could be a good partnership. But it's a bummer for Pearce, especially with Jake back in full training.

The league season is 46 games long, and we're 3 in. Pearce will get his chance, and to be honest I'd have expected him to be coming here to fight for a first team place, not expecting it to just be handed to him on a silver platter. Competition, particularly with Shackell and Keogh now looking set to do their best to be an ever present centrehalf pairing this season, will be useful this season. If you offered me having our backup at centrehalf being Pearce and Buxton last season, I'd have snapped your hands off, not to mention how impressive young Rawson has been. It's certainly a better situation than Keogh's partner chopping and changing about between Buxton, Whitbread, Shotton, Albentosa, and even Eustace or Forsyth. 

Having options isn't a bad thing at this point, but with a lot of new bodies in it'll take time to gel. Let's wait and see how it goes before making rash judgements about what the club must have been thinking. I'd say though that the strength in depth they've gone for up front strongly suggests that the plan was to have Keogh, Shackell, Pearce and Buxton as options at centrehalf. 

I really think this is going to happen, something going on at Huddersfield judging by their forum, season ticket sales down, soon running out of money. Fans not happy with the way the club is run.

They need cash and they need it soon.

We have cash and it's a no-brainer for Butterfield, He'll want to come.

Definitely worth a fiver on Huddersfield going down, shame as I have some distant relatives there so a small soft spot for them.

Not sure what kind of player he is otherwise but those weighted passes are easy on eye!

Not everyone can do those, he is up there with Scholes, Veron and myself. Quite a compliment!

I trust you A LOT when it comes to judging football players Dimmu. You don't always say much, but you're usually spot on.

I wanted not to like him, I've seen him play half a dozen times or so and he's always done alright.

I've just watched a youtube of his best bits from 2014 (not the player of the year vid)

I got to about a minute and fifteen and switched off in disgust.

Disgust at myself for not rating him as highly as I should have.

Oh my, the lads passing with either foot is pure class, his vision is incredible and I'm now off to stand in front of a full length mirror while having a stern word with myself for getting it wrong.

Get him signed and worry about where the rest of them fit when they come back.

Archived