Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

Pointless looking at his past and saying 'X' club didn't want him therefore he's not good enough.

Pretty sure Sheffield United didn't want Jamie Ward before he came here. Norwich City didn't want Andrew Surman, sold him to Bournemouth on the cheap and then the Cherries go and win the league.

Crystal Palace under Warnock didn't want Glenn Murray, sent him on loan to Reading. Six months later under Alan Pardew and he's a regular first-teamer for a top half Premier League side.

Butterfield may not have won over Aitor Karanka... But he may not have fit in with Boro's system, which is a simple explanation. He's a quality ball-playing midfielder, ideal for us.

The list goes on of players not fitting in somewhere and doing brilliantly elsewhere. Philippe Coutinho was a backup at a faltering Inter Milan side. He joins Liverpool and 12 months later he's a world beater.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pointless looking at his past and saying 'X' club didn't want him therefore he's not good enough.

Pretty sure Sheffield United didn't want Jamie Ward before he came here. Norwich City didn't want Andrew Surman, sold him to Bournemouth on the cheap and then the Cherries go and win the league.

Crystal Palace under Warnock didn't want Glenn Murray, sent him on loan to Reading. Six months later under Alan Pardew and he's a regular first-teamer for a top half Premier League side.

Butterfield may not have won over Aitor Karanka... But he may not have fit in with Boro's system, which is a simple explanation. He's a quality ball-playing midfielder, ideal for us.

The list goes on of players not fitting in somewhere and doing brilliantly elsewhere. Philippe Coutinho was a backup at a faltering Inter Milan side. He joins Liverpool and 12 months later he's a world beater.

Same with Pogba. Very silly judging a player like this

I really liked the look of Butterfield during his time at Barnsley and expected him to go on to big things. I remember him tearing us apart a few times, once at Pride Park where his name was banded around for weeks after. 

Since then, I haven't really taken too much notice of him but know that he has done well since his move to Huddersfield/ 

I have to say I think this is a none mover though. I can't see Huddersfield selling, unless for eye watering money, and I don't see us breaking the bank to land him. 

Wish him well, but don't think he will be a Derby player before the window shuts. 

Dear heavens above .. I have just managed to get used to body art and now ( spluttering in my tea ) we have multi coloured dyed beards what is the world coming to. Still if he's any good and wins matches he can wear a Barbie dress and I wouldn't care

Dear heavens above .. I have just managed to get used to body art and now ( spluttering in my tea ) we have multi coloured dyed beards what is the world coming to. Still if he's any good and wins matches he can wear a Barbie dress and I wouldn't care

That's a picture of Adam Clayton

just to add Chrissy Martin at Norwich to that equation !

I think to bring another couple of midfielders in would be harsh on Hanson, especially if they start off higher in the pecking order. I do agree we need another body in there, but 2 would be overkill, especially with Bryson due back much sooner than anticipated.

Hanson keeps his place - he looked very good against Charlton, and he's the probably the best thing to come out of the Academy since Hughes and Hendrick.

Thats it mate, all the names begin with an H, need we say more, I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived