Portsmouth v Derby County

i-Ram

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's 45 minutes of my life I will never get back!!

This could actually be Derby's first X1 in the League if injuries and suspensions kick in. Do these players actually know where they are and who they are playing with?

That was pathetic. I can't even see what we're trying to achieve tactically, other than 6 men defending then smashing it forward and hoping one of the forwards wins us the game on his own.  Where has all of the passing and movement from the last 2 years gone? What is the obsession with playing narrow? We need width to stretch teams and create space, not 4 forwards all playing within 10 yards of each other.  And it just leaves acres of room in front of our fullbacks, giving the opposition free reign to pump as many crosses into out box as they like.  I'm baffled and rapidly losing patience. All of this was obvious in the preseason games.

PC needs to take his fingers from his *** and get them playing more offensive football,we have a great forward line up and just not creating any chances in the last two games.lets start playing to are strengths ,going forward and let the defence worry about any thing Pompey can throw at us ,Paul you don't win games by not  scoring mate ,so come on show some balls and let's start playing the way we know we can 

Ok i've not seen us play since Millwall away last season, but stuff like "rapidly losing patience" are surely a bit premature. He's had 1 and a half matches of real football during which time we've not conceded a goal and lost 2 of our better players to injury.

Give us chance to shake off blowing the play-offs and losing our best management team in 15 years before getting too het up that we're not walking every game 4-0.

That was pathetic. I can't even see what we're trying to achieve tactically, other than 6 men defending then smashing it forward and hoping one of the forwards wins us the game on his own.  Where has all of the passing and movement from the last 2 years gone? What is the obsession with playing narrow? We need width to stretch teams and create space, not 4 forwards all playing within 10 yards of each other.  And it just leaves acres of room in front of our fullbacks, giving the opposition free reign to pump as many crosses into out box as they like.  I'm baffled and rapidly losing patience. All of this was obvious in the preseason games.

its not been long ball stuff totally. there have been some passing moves too.

The passing stopped in February last season, its not a new phenomenon for this season

Hold on we are playin Portsmouth and have a strong squad fighting for first team places have had less attempt on goals in nearly two games than we have had corners in the first half of this game ,okay know we are trying to strengthen the defence issues but this isn't the football we have been used to during the best part of two seasons 

Archived