Portsmouth v Derby County

i-Ram

4-2-3-1

Grant

Christie Shotton Pearce Forsyth

Sswekambo Hanson

Calero        Dawkins     Weimann

Bent

I'd like to see this team. Give everyone some minutes because it's important that everyone in the squad is as sharp as possible with this long hard season.

I would go with this, but put Baird in for Sswekankambo. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am probably contradicting myself but looking at everyone else's suggestions and ideas I am moving to the lets give Ssenwankambo and Hanson a start and see if Christies pace against a modest side works for his confidence.

have some big guns on the bench just in case ... Oh round objects ... I have no idea really ! I would be a lousy manager ! Let's put a good team out and play them off the park .. So there with brass knobs on 

Hanson and Ssewankbo not in the squad for the 21's so will probably travel. Neither is Shaq McDonald mind, who has been bang in form for the 21's... Could he get a chance? Loan move? 

Well spotted.  We'll see and I think it's really important that we keep the younger players involved - they are our future. (Sorry to sound like Whitney Houston.)

Thats not my point. I don't care if we win or lose, what we need is for as many (not all) of the first teamers to have as many competitive games together as they can. If most don't play against Pompey then they might not be much improved if at all against Charlton than they were at Bolton and that's costing us points towards our 'priority' of promotion.

Any first team squad member that did not play against Bolton and does not start against Portsmouth knows that they are out of the running.

I'd go for 4-2-3-1

Grant; Ssewankambo, Pearce, Shackell (captain), Forsyth; Hanson, Thorne; Weimann, Dawkins, Ince; Bent.

Subs: Mitchell, Christie, Keogh, Hendrick, Bennett, Calero, Martin

Combination of experience and players that missed on Saturday/a couple of youngsters. Have players on the bench that can change the game. 

I don't think Bennett even has a squad number this season, which is odd but probably doesn't mean anything yet

Any first team squad member that did not play against Bolton and does not start against Portsmouth knows that they are out of the running.

Simply not true. 

Simply not true. 

Name a Player who is fit that does not get a game in the first two fixtures who is going to be any better than a sub all season.24 players and 18 chosen already of which 14 have played against Bolton. So 10 players have not played yet. If those 10 cannot get a game against Portsmouth then when will they get a game? Hughes, Bryson and Buxton are not fit. So 21 left in squad and only 14 can play against Portsmouth.. 3 are not going to get in the 18 and four more cannot play..If you are in the 7 (3+4) and you did not play in either game then your future is bright, your future is orange..:)

Anyone know if it's possible to buy a ticket and collect at Pompey? Am stuck down here on south coast.....

See if there's any seats in the home end :p

Grant

Christie Keogh Pearce Forsyth

Baird

Hendrick Dawkins

Ince

Bent Weimann

I'd rather we played 4-2-3-1 but I can see Clement wanting to rest Thorne. Hanson could play with Baird in the 2 holding mid spots but it seems to me as Clement sees him as a more advanced midfielder 

Grant

Christie Keogh Pearce Forsyth

Baird

Hendrick Dawkins

Ince

Bent Weimann

I'd rather we played 4-2-3-1 but I can see Clement wanting to rest Thorne. Hanson could play with Baird in the 2 holding mid spots but it seems to me as Clement sees him as a more advanced midfielder 

Do we know what the pitch is like at fratton park? I could see us playing quite an attacking style unless there are concerns about the pitch not being the best, in which case I think we'll be more defensive.

Do we know what the pitch is like at fratton park? I could see us playing quite an attacking style unless there are concerns about the pitch not being the best, in which case I think we'll be more defensive.

I imagine it's in a good condition this early in the season. Pompey have a fair bit of cash to spend so their pitch should be one of the best from league 2

I'd love him to play Ince on the right and try Hendrick/Dawkins behind the striker with Russell/Weimann on the left. I don't think Clement used Ince on the right at all through pre season though did he? 

He's been put into a central position. I think Clement sees him as Rodgers saw Sterling. As a false 9.

Archived