upcoming gigs

rezner

On 24/07/2019 at 14:03, BaaLocks said:

Rebellion Festival in Blackpool. Room full of fat, bald punks trying to find the energy to dance for more than three songs. Great weekend!

Belting weekend - Bar Stool Preachers are playing The Hairy Dog on 14th September. I recommend.

https://www.gigantic.com/the-bar-stool-preachers-tickets/the-hairy-dog/2019-09-14-20-00

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw The National again, on Thursday night 7th August 2019 at the Kelvingrove Bandstand & Amphitheatre.

I've seen a few bands here, including Echo & The Bunnymen, Teenage Fanclub and it's wonderful venue.

Outdoor in Kelvingrove Park, summers evening, enjoying the sun going down, a few pints and wonderful music, life doesn't get any better. If you get the chance, go and enjoy a band at the bandstand.

• 1 month later...

Went to see Wilco at Hammersmith last night. Never seen them before, but  have gone crazy about them since seeing Jeff Tweedy solo about a year ago.

Played for 2 hours before 3 song encore. Played about 6 songs off the unreleased new album too which all went down well too. They got so many good songs but got most of my favourites into the setlist. Here it is if you interested

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wilco/2019/eventim-apollo-london-england-439c1fb7.html

Was a brilliant show

I went to see Gary Numan Revolution Tour at The Beach Ballroom Aberdeen on Friday 27th September 2019 to celebrate the fact that Gary Numan was the first gig I went too, back in 1983 on his Warriors Tour at the Aberdeen Capitol.

And both gigs were brilliant. Gary Numan's Pleasure Principle was the first album I got as a kid, and I bought a copy of a signed CD of the first recordings of the Pleasure Principle on Friday night. Gary Numan got me into music and I've seen hundreds of gigs and had a great time enjoying loads of music along the way.......It's cold outside.........

On 30/07/2019 at 01:49, Carl Sagan said:

Should have been on this thread earlier! This week it was Public Service Broadcasting at the BBC Proms on Thursday and then Trevor Horn (and Lol Creme) at the Royal Festival Hall on Sunday. Both incredible but the Trevor Horn was really incredible. Someone posted the set list on twitter:

Matt is Matt Cardle who won X Factor. TCH is Trevor Horn. Roberto was Kalon Rae on The Voice. Lol is Lol Creme from 10 CC. Steve is Steve Hogarth who's lead singer of Marillion (since 1989 after Fish). The "girls" were great session vocalists. one was Izzy Chase. Danny is the guy who tours with Mark Knopfler and does vocals with him (I hate Dire Straits but you could appreciate the quality). Russ is Russ Ballard who wrote Rainbow's Since you Been Gone and Kiss's God Gave Rock and Roll to You. Incredible collection of talent.

So late seeing this but I always loved the Godley Creme "half" of 10cc over the more populist Gouldman Stewart half.

I didn't think Lol performed any more. What was he like? 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

So late seeing this but I always loved the Godley Creme "half" of 10cc over the more populist Gouldman Stewart half.

I didn't think Lol performed any more. What was he like? 

Lol was hilarious. In some ways it was less of a gig and more of a music lecture from Trevor and Lol. Lots of on-stage chat/banter between them, and great stories. Lol took over the keyboards for "I'm not in Love" which of course was a real highlight. Also talked about producing Duran to break them in America (before Girls on Film). He wasn't leaping around (but none of them were really) but I love the respect for the musicianship that everyone on stage clearly had for each other.

13 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I went to see Gary Numan Revolution Tour at The Beach Ballroom Aberdeen on Friday 27th September 2019 to celebrate the fact that Gary Numan was the first gig I went too, back in 1983 on his Warriors Tour at the Aberdeen Capitol.

And both gigs were brilliant. Gary Numan's Pleasure Principle was the first album I got as a kid, and I bought a copy of a signed CD of the first recordings of the Pleasure Principle on Friday night. Gary Numan got me into music and I've seen hundreds of gigs and had a great time enjoying loads of music along the way.......It's cold outside.........

I've recently been discovering his recent stuff & like a lot of it.

Quite industrial & definite Nine Inch Nail influences there. Such as.....

14 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Is he a bit metal these days?

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lol was hilarious. In some ways it was less of a gig and more of a music lecture from Trevor and Lol. Lots of on-stage chat/banter between them, and great stories. Lol took over the keyboards for "I'm not in Love" which of course was a real highlight. Also talked about producing Duran to break them in America (before Girls on Film). He wasn't leaping around (but none of them were really) but I love the respect for the musicianship that everyone on stage clearly had for each other.

Thanks. He always was very entertaining on stage. I remember all 5' 2 of him standing on a grand piano at De Montfort Hall in Leicester booming out "I wanna rule the world" back in the day. Classic. 

8 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Going to see killswitch engage next Tuesday in bristol

Last gig was sum 41 at Exeter Castle. Very odd seeing aging pop punk in a castle but great fun! 

?

Off to see Pete Tong in December again, suddenly I don’t feel so old.

I saw Lloyd Cole at The Tivoli, Aberdeen on Tue 8th Oct 2019. Perfect as ever. Seen him a dozen or so times over the years, including gigs where he's played with or without The Commotions, his son, and many others including Kevin Francis as per the current tour.

Here he is in Dundee the other night.

• 3 weeks later...

Gigs in the diary:

Shine festival, (Minehead). Wonder Stuff, Embrace, Lighting Seeds, Wedding Present, PWEI, Idlewild, Cast, Neds Atomic Dustbin etc

Snow Patrol (Ipswich)

Embrace (London)

Sinead O'Connor (London)

Elkie Brooks (Bury St Edmunds)

Strand of Oaks (London)

Helen Love (London)

Elvana (Elvis fronted Nirvana tribute) (Norwich)

Joanne Shaw Taylor (Norwich)

Subways (Norwich)

Smyths (Smiths tribute) (Colchester)

Tom Robinson (Norwich)

Archived