Gaming

SaintRam

Not even remotely interested in Call of Duty anymore, that Franchise is dead until they rebuild it from the ground up.

Been playing the first Tomb Raider and absolutely loving it so will get this new one at some point over the next couple of months.

Also been playing The Walking Dead game which is phenomenal. Not really a game in the traditional sense, but really draws you in like the series. Got the first season free with Games with Gold, but think I may buy season 2 as I've enjoyed it so much.

Will likely get Fallout 4 too.

I think I'll get fallout 4 at some point but I predict I won't finish it. I love the idea of open world games but I tend to get bored after a while. I prefer a gripping main story over countless side quests that detract from it. Though I can appreciate the side quests, I can't think of too many games like that that have held my attention for the duration.

6 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I think I'll get fallout 4 at some point but I predict I won't finish it. I love the idea of open world games but I tend to get bored after a while. I prefer a gripping main story over countless side quests that detract from it. Though I can appreciate the side quests, I can't think of too many games like that that have held my attention for the duration.

I'm quite similar, although I tend to mince through the main story and completely ignore the side quests

4 hours ago, Daveo said:

Was reading last night they have issues with 4 on the PS4, struggling to keep up 30fps, as Anon said, better to wait for the fixes and DLC. 

You can pick up Fallout 3 for a couple quid now used, get that whilst you wait, like 3 you'll probably like 4.

Prefer Skyrim to Fallout myself for those open world adventure games 

Think its bad on PS4...should see it on XB1, game comes to a grinding halt :D

Bethesda really need to work on their engine as its so poorly optimised.

@Anon The gunplay is one of the things that has been worked on apparently. VATS has also been tweaked so there is less reliance on it, whereas before it would pause the game, the game carries on but in slow motion.

Side quests, the reason why I dislike GTA so much, filled with so much extra ******, you need to look online to find maps of briefcases or something daft. Adds nothing to the game but countless extra hours which I refuse to give Rockstar. Think I completed the last one but at 60 odd %, the rest was take car from a to b, buy every building, buildings that you would have to play for days on end just to afford or use cheat codes.

Crap game.

30 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I used to love CoD played it a lot. Haven't played it since Black Ops 2 gets repetitive only enjoyed online when playing with friends in the end.

You've missed absolutely nothing except the rapid decline into irrelevance. If MP is your thing then you're right not to bother. Each of the games since BlOps2 has got progressively worse for MP. BlOps3 for example is total garbage. It tries to be Halo, it tries to be Titanfall, it desperately tries to mimic every other FPS on the market whilst yielding everything that once made it great in lieu. Now it's just a mush-mash of gimmicks, all of which better in the games that they're ripping off.

Luckily, zombie-mode is much better, otherwise it would be a total bust.

i saw an article the other day - "Why zombie mode will never get its own game" - I didn't read it, but I suspect the answer is pretty much that without zombie mode they'd sell a LOT fewer copies of the base game.

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Side quests, the reason why I dislike GTA so much, filled with so much extra ******, you need to look online to find maps of briefcases or something daft. Adds nothing to the game but countless extra hours which I refuse to give Rockstar. Think I completed the last one but at 60 odd %, the rest was take car from a to b, buy every building, buildings that you would have to play for days on end just to afford or use cheat codes.

Crap game.

The main storyline was good, Trevor such a great character, cracked up when the actor turned up in Better Call Saul.

maxresdefault.jpg

Do agree on the fluff quests though, I never 100% games because they are filled with such bullshit.

7 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

You've missed absolutely nothing except the rapid decline into irrelevance. If MP is your thing then you're right not to bother. Each of the games since BlOps2 has got progressively worse for MP. BlOps3 for example is total garbage. It tries to be Halo, it tries to be Titanfall, it desperately tries to mimic every other FPS on the market whilst yielding everything that once made it great in lieu. Now it's just a mush-mash of gimmicks, all of which better in the games that they're ripping off.

Luckily, zombie-mode is much better, otherwise it would be a total bust.

i saw an article the other day - "Why zombie mode will never get its own game" - I didn't read it, but I suspect the answer is pretty much that without zombie mode they'd sell a LOT fewer copies of the base game.

How do you move Call of Duty forward? how many times can you release a World of War 2 game without getting stale and boring? moving into the future allows so much more creativity, to cater for the younger players with ADHD that will pay for the in game gun camos, weapons etc.

A remake of COD4 would make me go out and buy a console again but only the older players would appreciate it, it's that retro thing. 

Time to accept it, you're too old for cod, it's not irrelevant, it's not in a rapid decline, it's just to fast for your arthritic hands and ageing eyes :p 

17 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Crap game.

...and I thought I was a killjoy. 

11 minutes ago, Daveo said:

How do you move Call of Duty forward? how many times can you release a World of War 2 game without getting stale and boring? moving into the future allows so much more creativity, to cater for the younger players with ADHD that will pay for the in game gun camos, weapons etc.

A remake of COD4 would make me go out and buy a console again but only the older players would appreciate it, it's that retro thing. 

Time to accept it, you're too old for cod, it's not irrelevant, it's not in a rapid decline, it's just to fast for your arthritic hands and ageing eyes :p 

I'm definitely too old for the 'advanced' games! Still play CoD4, MW2 and BlOps though and absolutely fine with them still. CoD is firmly entrenched in 'FIFA-itis' - they're committed to a new game every year, and feel that the only way to justify it is to 'improve' game mechanics, when in reality they hit on the magic formula a decade ago. Changes that they have made over the previous iterations, particularly the past 4/5 have added little and detracted a lot. It's a worse game now than it was then. Yes, they've polished the graphics, the sound effects are better, but basic gaming mechanics are much worse. 

Apparently BlOps 3 is the seventh best opening weekend sales game in the CoD series, perhaps people are finally voting with their feet that it's time for a move away from the futuristic BS. 

Youre right that the futuristic setting gives them wider scope for innovation, but how much have they actually innovated? Everything that they've added is already in other games, and done far better. Boosting, invisibility. Both in AW as well. The only thing that they've added to this one is wall-running, which was in Titanfall two years ago.

And besides, I've just had my @r$e handed to me again on Nuketown, so <rant!> :lol:

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Apparently BlOps 3 is the seventh best opening weekend sales game in the CoD series, perhaps people are finally voting with their feet that it's time for a move away from the futuristic BS. 

I wouldn't read too much into sales of COD as not everyone has made the jump to next gen, the prices have only just fallen to a reasonable level where they can be bought as Xmas presents for the masses. With COD attracting the more younger crowd now it will take a while to catch up, I bet a lot haven't bought this years yet waiting on Santa to come.

Would guess next years sales will be on the rise again 

47 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Crap game.

The last one was good, but the one before was horrendous.

Just been and picked up Fallout 4.

Btw, it comes with Fallout 3 free only on xbox one.

Just now, Srg said:

The last one was good, but the one before was horrendous

Would have been good had they just stuck to the storyline and extended it slightly. 

Who finds all these briefcase things to create a map? would take years when you think some were on the bottom of the ocean in cracks of coral. Rockstar must release the maps to gaming sites, so what's the point?

Buying those buildings that are ridiculously expensive, you can really only get those at the end, again what's the point when you've completed the game? 

The character switching was good, just full of so much ****** that took away any enjoyment

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Not even remotely interested in Call of Duty anymore, that Franchise is dead until they rebuild it from the ground up.

Been playing the first Tomb Raider and absolutely loving it so will get this new one at some point over the next couple of months.

Also been playing The Walking Dead game which is phenomenal. Not really a game in the traditional sense, but really draws you in like the series. Got the first season free with Games with Gold, but think I may buy season 2 as I've enjoyed it so much.

Will likely get Fallout 4 too.

Seems gaming is moving into a more 'televisional' episodic story telling genre with descisions impacting the story.

Loved TWD game and from that bought the Wolf among us, also incredible. They have done a GOT game if you like the TV although I havent played it.

Life is Strange was a good game, very gripping and emotional but also beautiful and well made

8 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Seems gaming is moving into a more 'televisional' episodic story telling genre with descisions impacting the story.

Loved TWD game and from that bought the Wolf among us, also incredible. They have done a GOT game if you like the TV although I havent played it.

Life is Strange was a good game, very gripping and emotional but also beautiful and well made

My only complaint with The Walking Dead is some of the mechanics of the actual game play when you have to do a physical action should be tweaked, for example, most of the game is move around and look and press A, X or B... but that doesn't work well at all when it's a bit where you need to be quick (such as with a gun) and you have to press A to shoot but you aim with the right hand analogue stick - which is pretty much impossible without holding the controller strangely, or having two thumbs. They shouldn't just had the trigger buttons in use like in FPS for these sections.