Gaming

SaintRam

On 02/01/2016 at 17:10, Red_Dawn said:

Haven't read through the others posts, but if it hasn't been mentioned, you guys need to get Star Wars Battlefront. So much fun, one of the best games i've purchased for Xbox One, no doubt. 

I played the beta and loved it but have held off from buying it because I'm quite into Black Ops 3 at the moment. It's got nothing on the old Cods, but it's the best they've made for the past 2 or 3 years. I just wish they'd get rid of this futuristic nonsense, no one wants to be jet packing everywhere, we just want a simple run and gun game.

On 07/12/2015 at 17:40, Cam the Ram said:

This thread has been a bit quiet lately

Anyway ... I've been quite looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division for a while now and they've been delaying it and delaying it but we're finally getting closer to the release (March 8th). They announced a few months ago that those who pre ordered it for the Xbox One would get to play on a beta released during December and of course, they've had to delay that until January, typical. They have however announced that those who've pre ordered can instead play on an Alpha during December the 9th and December the 12th.

Anyone else getting it or thinking of getting it?

Forgot to post about the alpha after playing it but it was brilliant. Plenty to do in the game and the dark zone (PVP area) is a lot of fun. There were some things missing that they'd talked about being in the game though and I seem to remember them saying the graphics had been downgraded so it could cope on consoles.

There's a beta coming out towards the end of January/early February and I think it's open to everyone, so if you have some spare time and are willing to wait 4/5 hours + for it to download, I highly suggest giving it a go. Only a couple of months until the full release now and it unfortunately coincides with a very busy period of my uni course. :pinch:

Its not though. Keepers are turd, may as well not exist. Ruins the game.

@Daveo and I played a few games on Pro Clubs as dcfcfans uk. WDWLL. Both wins coming from the other team not having enough players to continue when we were winning. LAst game we played I scored this:

3 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Its not though. Keepers are turd, may as well not exist. Ruins the game.

@Daveo and I played a few games on Pro Clubs as dcfcfans uk. WDWLL. Both wins coming from the other team not having enough players to continue when we were winning. LAst game we played I scored this:

Calls keepers on PES then posts that up? :whistle:

3 hours ago, Daveo said:

My shot from distance was better, cracked the crossbar, hit the line and bounced out 

Couldnt believe that didnt cross the line.

Like I said in the PSN message, was so much easier than I expected playing with just two of us, starting a new club so much easier than playing with 2 human players (non with ANY) in Division 2.

If there was more then I reckon we would of spanked everyone we played as our football was good, just we were too tired to do defensive work to supplement the AI defenders.

Will play some more tomorrow if you are up for it?

Got myself a ps4 recently and bought some of its exclusive games among others.

bloodborne - my God is this hard, I've put in about 3-4 hours and I haven't cleared the first proper level yet, the gameplay is good and I enjoy the fighting and the challenging aspect.but the lack of checkpoints makes it really repetitive when your fighting past that same group of villagers camped around a fire for the 15th time because every time you die you start the level all over again and can't pickup anywhere near where you were killed.

Uncharted -played a couple of levels and was about what I expected, very similar to the tomb raider games I used to play on the old ps2, some good puzzles you have to think about, can't really say much since I haven't played that much about it

just started the last of us remastered, and I've got to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it, some great storytelling in it, it's like a film wrapped in gameplay .got real depth and attention.Trying to navigate through a dark derelict building full of infected humans can be unexpectadly scary. So far one of the best and most enjoyable games I've played in a long time 

7 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

just started the last of us remastered, and I've got to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it, some great storytelling in it, it's like a film wrapped in gameplay .got real depth and attention.Trying to navigate through a dark derelict building full of infected humans can be unexpectadly scary. So far one of the best and most enjoyable games I've played in a long time 

Everyone has no bad word about that game. Still not got the money for neither big big name console but would be one of the 1st games i'd try and get.

Playing Witcher 3 at the moment and South Park.

South Park is funny as anything would recommend nice turn based combat as well which I like.

Witcher 3 is amazing such a big world and so many things to explore.. Went to the whore house and payed a girl expected screen to go black.. It did not show everything the sex etc surprised me..Especially the missus who was sat behind me! Such a good game.

10 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

bloodborne - my God is this hard, I've put in about 3-4 hours and I haven't cleared the first proper level yet, the gameplay is good and I enjoy the fighting and the challenging aspect.but the lack of checkpoints makes it really repetitive when your fighting past that same group of villagers camped around a fire for the 15th time because every time you die you start the level all over again and can't pickup anywhere near where you were killed.

If you have never played on of the Souls games then it can be brutal.

You need to be slow and consider every move. That first section is actual incredibly hard because its so tight and there are lots of enemies. Learn to draw them away from groups one at a time.

It is actually possible to run through that area and up onto the bridge. The first boss fight is up there, if you run all the way there and die it will unlock the ability to use the Echoes you collect to upgrade your stats.

On 4 January 2016 at 14:06, Dimmu said:

I played couple games of PES2016 and it felt like best football game ever. Just a couple of games though...

I have been playing it for a while, can highly recommend it, if you can get past the licences, it is without doubt the best football game.

I started playing FIFA the other day, it has the polish but is a remake of last years with the only improvements I can see being a player update.  For gameplay deffo PES for me, for the overall experience it's probably still FIFA but only because of the licences, although every game and goal already in FIFA seem repetitive and one paced, as for the goalies, they seem pretty good, I have seen the odd one drop a clanger but also lost a game 1-0 as the result of a team literally parking the bus and the kipper stopping everything. 

AC Syndicate is really fun. I didn't get Unity but it does remind me a lot of Black Flag. Plot's quite light and humorous and the gameplay is nicely varied. Plus there's so much to do and being in Victorian London - with figures like Darwin, Dickens, Marx, Florence Nightingale and Alexander Graham Bell - is really cool.