Gaming

SaintRam

Im tempted by Assetto Corsa, need a few upgrades for my PC though to give it the oomph AC deserves.

Never finished FO3, did complete NV though. I was trying to rectify that a few months back, I fully modded FO through Nexus Mods to make it look a bit more up to date but the scale of it with DLC is huge and I have that many games through Steam, Origin and on PS4 that I never sit and complete very many.

Consoles serve a purpose and are a lot more accessible than PC gaming.

Not been on LoL much recently.

Been playing a lot of PES and been rinsing Tomb Raider since the definitive edition was free on Games with Gold on Xbox One. Have to say, massively surprised and impressed by it. It's like Uncharted, which was a huge surprise. Really recommend it if you haven't played it. It's impressed me so much that I will definitely get the new one (probably at Christmas). Think I'll get Fallout next, although never really played the previous ones. Looking forward to Just Cause, also. Maybe get Halo at some point.

I also got that really impressed also. I have only spent 3 hours on the Tomb Raider game thoe makes me want to play more might now LoL Ranked is going down soon for pre-season.

I love the graphics story and interaction on the game ticks a lot of boxes (Albeit mines on xbox 360).

4 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I also got that really impressed also. I have only spent 3 hours on the Tomb Raider game thoe makes me want to play more might now LoL Ranked is going down soon for pre-season.

I love the graphics story and interaction on the game ticks a lot of boxes (Albeit mines on xbox 360).

Only downside for is the QTE, just don't think it adds a great deal, may as well have just left it as cinematics as even if you fail you just do it again. QTE is a bit naff in general.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Only downside for is the QTE, just don't think it adds a great deal, may as well have just left it as cinematics as even if you fail you just do it again. QTE is a bit naff in general.

True I failed a few times and all you do is try again. Should be like the good old days if you fail you go back to last check point!

Picked up BlOps3, pretty much just for zombie mode.

Good job because once again MP is laughably woeful. Ridiculously overpowered abilities and perks that offer up numerous cheap ways to kill and be killed. Abilities aplenty ripped off from other games where they're implemented far more successfully. Massively unbalanced weapons (just for a change). Screwed up matchmaking (you'll find yourself constantly in games with people who've already prestiged). Abysmal spawning (just for a change).

On the bright side, zombie mode is great!

1 hour ago, -JW- said:

Can someone tell me why I should purchase fallout? Been loads of hype but I don't normally do single player games. 

I'm tempted to get it, probably at Xmas when I'm bored of Blops.

Whilst you'll get bored of Black Ops, you won't get bored of Fallout - immensley varied gameplay with loads of freedom to do what you like and a highly interesting world with entertaining characters.

Think I'll get it at the weekend, looking forward to it a lot.

Call of Duty has been awful since Modern Warfare 2. Also hate all this sci-fi exoskeleton bullsh!t that has made its way into them. Would love a reboot that goes back to World War 2, they were by far the best games.

Fallout 4 looks like an updated FO3, which isnt a bad thing. The exploration is excellent, the whole post-apocalyptic setting is great and the stories are usually top notch, so many people going about their business in the wasteland with their own agendas. Im awful for completing games, only finished the main quest ark for FO3 this last weekend even though I completed FO:New Vegas two days after release :D.

Im thinking about starting a group on PS4 using the new Communities feature if anyone is interested? If so, drop your PSN ID in here and I will set it up and invite you. My PSN is RicME85 btw. Would be good to get some FIFA/Destiny/Rocket League action (or anything else) at some point.

3 hours ago, -JW- said:

Can someone tell me why I should purchase fallout? Been loads of hype but I don't normally do single player games. 

If you're not that interested I'd say wait for a game of the year edition which will include all the DLC they will release over the next 12 months. It will also give them time to patch the inevitable bugs that plague open world games. As for actually playing it, it depends what kind of experience you're looking for. Bethesda have really been watering down their rpgs recently so there's not such a barrier for new players. If you're an fps guy you may find the combat rather tedious. I don't know too much about Fallout 4, but there were some real issues with the combat in 3. No iron sights, useless sniper rifles and an over reliance on their "VATS" system, which is basically a mesh between turn based and real time action.

One thing I will stress is don't buy into the hype. A monumental advertising budget doesn't guarantee a good game.

CoD is with the futuristic/advanced bull$h1t where it was with WWII after WaW. They need to change things up. MW3 had advanced elements, and then BlOps 2 took it further, and now we've had Ghosts, Advanced Warfare and BlOps 3 as well - five games, all with a similar theme - they didn't even go that far with the WWII or modern warfare themes FFS. 

The he next iteration is likely to be Ghosts II, and then it'll be AW2, so you're looking at three years at least before you see any change. Unless Activision have told IW to forget Ghosts after the abysmal first game, but I doubt it. In all likelihood Ghosts II has been in development for a couple of years, since the first game. And there's no way they won't do AW2.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay. :angry:

reasonscod.jpg

8 hours ago, -JW- said:

Just watch some gameplay on YouTube to make up your mind to see if it's your sort of game. Tomb Raider is also out which looks excellent, but only on XBox at the minute. 

Was reading last night they have issues with 4 on the PS4, struggling to keep up 30fps, as Anon said, better to wait for the fixes and DLC. 

You can pick up Fallout 3 for a couple quid now used, get that whilst you wait, like 3 you'll probably like 4.

Prefer Skyrim to Fallout myself for those open world adventure games