Gaming

SaintRam

6 hours ago, RicME85 said:

How about ... GTA and Uncharted?

Have you completed GTA V and Uncharted 1,2 & 3? If not then there is the remastered versions on PS4, Uncharted has all 3 on a disc.

Currently playing Fallout 4 and highly recommend that.

Other games I recommend are:

• Bloodborne
  • Until Dawn
  • Destiny
  • The Last of Us
  • Rayman Legends
  • Tomb Raider
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Knack, Watch Dogs and Killzone should all be around a fiver each and are worth picking up at that price, Knack especially.

I have completed GTA5 and the 3 Uncharted games on PS3 but I did purposefully buy the PS4 pack with the Remastered Uncharted.

I think i have Fallout 2 & 3 on the PS3 but never really got into them.  What is the theme of Fall Out 4 (just realised I am getting mixed up with Far Cry so I have never played Fall Out).

i'll look for the others.  Cheers for a helpful post.

7 hours ago, RicME85 said:

How about ... GTA and Uncharted?

Have you completed GTA V and Uncharted 1,2 & 3? If not then there is the remastered versions on PS4, Uncharted has all 3 on a disc.

Currently playing Fallout 4 and highly recommend that.

Other games I recommend are:

• Bloodborne
  • Until Dawn
  • Destiny
  • The Last of Us
  • Rayman Legends
  • Tomb Raider
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Knack, Watch Dogs and Killzone should all be around a fiver each and are worth picking up at that price, Knack especially.

Just been through that list and think I'll go for Fall Out 4, Until Dawn and Tomb Raider.  As silly as it sounds I prefer the games with a bit more realism rather than myth, legend etc.. 

Thanks again for your help.

PS is there any word on a further GTA game (maybe a new city) or even another Rockstar title?

I may have asked this before, can't remember..... But anyone got any recommendations for games on ps3, which are not about fighting or shooting? Not sport either! 

Mainly because I'm rubbish at all the shooting stuff :) 

Someone mentioned The last of us, but when I had a look at it, it just seemed like another shoot or be killed type of thing. Anyone played this? 

I'm hardly ever at home, but with Christmas on its way, I'll be looking for something to do! 

I enjoyed uncharted games, but mainly for the adventure and puzzle solving stuff. 

7 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Anyone got Star Wars Battlefront?

I'm a big Star Wars fan, but not much of an online player. I'm a bit dubious as to whether to shell out on it or not. Apparently there's only one game mode worth playing but having said that I tended to only play the same mode over and over back when I used to play COD4 online.

I know it's got relatively poor reviews but I'm loving what I've played so far (8 and a half hours). As well as the fact that it looks and sounds brilliant, it just feels like it's easy to play and not too hardcore, which I like. Also, there are at least 5 game modes that I will play regularly based on my playtime so far, as they have all kept me engrossed. Walker Assault is the big one but I prefer Drop Zone, Cargo and the hero game modes!

15 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I know it's got relatively poor reviews but I'm loving what I've played so far (8 and a half hours). As well as the fact that it looks and sounds brilliant, it just feels like it's easy to play and not too hardcore, which I like. Also, there are at least 5 game modes that I will play regularly based on my playtime so far, as they have all kept me engrossed. Walker Assault is the big one but I prefer Drop Zone, Cargo and the hero game modes!

It's been getting mostly 7/10 which is pretty good. I think if it had more content or a decent single player it would score higher. The game mechanics themselves have been well received. 

I can be really stupid with my money when it comes to games and I've got a feeling I'll end up walking past a shop and getting this and a season pass for the best part of £100 even though I'm unsure. And if I do I'm going to blame it on you using force persuasion on me ;) 

Well I have been holding off getting FIFA, as I have opted for PES this year, but have been tempted in and picked up the digital download for the bone at £20.  

Worth it for FUT I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has been a bit quiet lately

Anyway ... I've been quite looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division for a while now and they've been delaying it and delaying it but we're finally getting closer to the release (March 8th). They announced a few months ago that those who pre ordered it for the Xbox One would get to play on a beta released during December and of course, they've had to delay that until January, typical. They have however announced that those who've pre ordered can instead play on an Alpha during December the 9th and December the 12th.

Anyone else getting it or thinking of getting it?

12 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Anyway ... I've been quite looking forward to Tom Clancy's The Division for a while now and they've been delaying it and delaying it but we're finally getting closer to the release (March 8th). They announced a few months ago that those who pre ordered it for the Xbox One would get to play on a beta released during December and of course, they've had to delay that until January, typical. They have however announced that those who've pre ordered can instead play on an Alpha during December the 9th and December the 12th.

Looks pretty good, I might get it. I like all Tom Clancy games.

Game I'm playing right now and really enjoying is the new Tomb Raider.

13 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Looks pretty good, I might get it. I like all Tom Clancy games.

Game I'm playing right now and really enjoying is the new Tomb Raider.

I liked the look of the new Tomb Raider but I struggle to get into single player games. The likes of Tomb Raider, Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 are tempting me to give them a go though.

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I was looking forward to the new Deus Ex in March but it's been delayed til September now I think. I'd rather them doing a good job of it than put it out half finished though.

I just brought Witcher 3 with the expansions. Started it last night and one of the 1st scenes is a woman naked and one of the 1st items I 'Examined' it was talking about 'fingering'. 

Seems great already! One of the 1st games i've had to turn my graphics down. Has a card game too boot!

• 3 weeks later...

Gaming novice. 

I downloaded a game a few days ago on ps3. 5.2gb. Took a couple of hours I think. 

Go to play the game first time today. First it did a game update, now It's now saying downloading game content. 5.15 hours remaining. 

Wtf? I thought I downloaded it the other day. So what's downloading now?