Gaming

SaintRam

4 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Gaming novice. 

I downloaded a game a few days ago on ps3. 5.2gb. Took a couple of hours I think. 

Go to play the game first time today. First it did a game update, now It's now saying downloading game content. 5.15 hours remaining. 

Wtf? I thought I downloaded it the other day. So what's downloading now? 

Probably a huge patch update. 

In other news I'm tempted to go for another game, both Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 are £30 on the PS Store now, with my super internet they would be downloaded in minutes.

Thing is I tend to get angry with Call of Duty, controllers get thrown, shout at the missus to leave me alone. Now I've got a dog that would probably get kicked as well. I will sit there for hours on the thing and days just pass by and I get nothing done.

Fallout is a bit like GTA and Skyrim, I get super into it for the first few days running round opening boxes and keeping everything I find until I realise I can do nothing with empty bottles, run a few missions then I lose the will to live with all the pointless side missions and drift off to other games without ever fully completing it.

Yet I'm still tempted buy them both.

I kinda wish Fallout had co op, also remove the target assisted shooting....neck 52% arm 3% crap.

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

In other news I'm tempted to go for another game, both Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 are £30 on the PS Store now, with my super internet they would be downloaded in minutes.

Thing is I tend to get angry with Call of Duty, controllers get thrown, shout at the missus to leave me alone. Now I've got a dog that would probably get kicked as well. I will sit there for hours on the thing and days just pass by and I get nothing done.

Fallout is a bit like GTA and Skyrim, I get super into it for the first few days running round opening boxes and keeping everything I find until I realise I can do nothing with empty bottles, run a few missions then I lose the will to live with all the pointless side missions and drift off to other games without ever fully completing it.

Yet I'm still tempted buy them both.

I kinda wish Fallout had co op, also remove the target assisted shooting....neck 52% arm 3% crap.

Doesn't tie in too well with your new years resolution either. 

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

If I only bought it the other day, wouldn't it be the latest version? Or does it not work like that? How can a patch be bigger than the original game? 

Not sure how game downloads work tbh, either you download the original release as per the disc then the latest patch after...or you've been unlucky and a new patch came out today

3 years old but it looks like you are downloading what was on the retail disc

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65462952

Patches for big games have always been huge files sizes, only way you could really avoid it is if you disconnect from the internet before opening the game, unless it's a multiplayer game then you have no choice

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The missus has had an ipad for Christmas.

Can she transfer Hayday from a Samsung tablet to the ipad, keeping the level she's on?

If so, how bloody hard is it to do?

did she have to sign into the game with facebook or any other email address or account? If that was the case it should just be a case of signing in with the same account.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The missus has had an ipad for Christmas.

Can she transfer Hayday from a Samsung tablet to the ipad, keeping the level she's on?

If so, how bloody hard is it to do?

Not sure what that game is, but does it have a Facebook sign in or anything?