Gaming

SaintRam

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 14:06, Dimmu said:

I played couple games of PES2016 and it felt like best football game ever. Just a couple of games though...

I've always thought that PES was the better game.  PES for adults, FIFA for kids if you like.

PES on the wii (with the dual controllers) was fantastic back in the day.  Don't really play either at the moment.

On 1/4/2016 at 00:45, RicME85 said:

Its not though. Keepers are turd, may as well not exist. Ruins the game.

@Daveo and I played a few games on Pro Clubs as dcfcfans uk. WDWLL. Both wins coming from the other team not having enough players to continue when we were winning. LAst game we played I scored this:

If you'd ever actually watched a football match and played PES rather than reading about it on twitter you'd notice the keepers are far more realistic than on FIFA, and PES is an all round better game. PES' keepers aren't ridiculously overpowered from short range and aren't used as a bandaid for broken defensive AI like in FIFA 16. FIFA's on the other hand are just too strong from short range and pathetic from long range. 

To be completely honest, FIFA 16 is the worst football game since FIFA 2005, which is saying something because that iteration was trash. 

On 1/4/2016 at 08:05, RicME85 said:

Yeah as the PES keepers will save 1 in 10. Can be long range shots, inside the area side foots, anything, they are pi$$ poor

To add to the point, a lot of the complaints have come from people who picked up the game expecting it to be a less rubbish version of FIFA, rather than a different game. They immediately jump in with a terrible keeper, 50 or less squad harmony, and don't know how to defend in the slightest and whinge when their keeper isn't saving them from their own incompetence, demanding that they be capable of saving shots under zero pressure from the penalty spot 4-5 times a game. 

If you actually look at the kind of examples people post as "terrible PES keeping" then compare to any weekend of football, you'll see similar goals. The problem is that it's not what some players expect having come from FIFA where, as above, they are used as a bandaid for defensive AI issues. 

Then FIFA has all the problems with it's physics engine being broken seemingly beyond repair, but that's a whole other problem. 

9 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Wow. Having grown up playing Pro Evo, hell ISS before that, I know what to expect.

General play is better yes but I dont buy the comments on keepers, you can ping all sorts at them and they just dont GAF.

"Having grown up with" isn't exactly an argument. I've grown up with PES (back to the ISS days) and FIFA, I've seen the ups and downs of the series as well. That doesn't make a solid argument on it's own. 

Playing the game, I have plenty of games where my or the opposition keeper is literally keeping a side in it (i.e. in my Master League my keeper kept me in the Champions League during the quarter final against Barcelona, pulling off about 4 incredible saves, and numerous others). I've had other games where the keepers don't have such stellar performances either. The keepers in general though are simply realistic, rather than the unbalanced unrealistic mess that FIFA's are these days. 

If you have any videos of matches you've played that you feel the keepers simply weren't good enough, then post it up with the difficulty you were playing, the tactics screen with both squad harmony and player ratings and we can have a look at it and try and ascertain whether what you're seeing is an issue with the game, or your expectations based on older football games where they're used as a bandaid for defensive AI issue from close range. 

Video games are entertainment. Same as music, films, TV.

There is no "best football game" and neither are "broken" just personal preferences.

I'm not expecting a realistic game of football from a video game, if I want that I'll grab a football and go outside.  

FIFA this year is great, I love it. If anyone prefers to play PES knock yourself out, I'd rather knock myself out on a brick wall than play it but each to their own.

22 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Video games are entertainment. Same as music, films, TV.

There is no "best football game" and neither are "broken" just personal preferences.

I'm not expecting a realistic game of football from a video game, if I want that I'll grab a football and go outside.  

FIFA this year is great, I love it. If anyone prefers to play PES knock yourself out, I'd rather knock myself out on a brick wall than play it but each to their own.

Nicely put. Personal taste. Interesting though. Fifa this year is great, or Fifa this year is awful. Bit like discussing a film or an album. But........ There must be some things that actually are brilliant or awful, irrespective of personal taste! 

If you have a game that constantly crashes, freezes or glitched to the point you can't carry on with the game it's broken. Awful.

In terms of brilliant it really is personal taste, take GTA for example, widely considered a brilliant game, for me it's not. The controls always feel sloppy, the side missions are tedious and I get bored very easily with it.

Played and completed the main story on current one and I never had the urge after the first few missions to jump on. I completed it so I could justify buying a new game, not that I enjoyed it.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Jim Sterling is the man on YouTube.

Jim Sterling, TotalBiscuit, RoosterTeeth (Achievement Hunter mainly), HatFilms, Sips are my YT go tos :p

As I've hit 55 on the multiplayer in Black Ops 3, thought I'd try the campaign, 'kin ell it's good, hard as well if you go for the realistic setting, swear it's one bullet and you're dead. Custom load outs, new abilities, co op, for once theres enough on the disc without stepping foot into the multiplayer. 

Zombies is still duff tho but if that's you're thing hey ho

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

As I've hit 55 on the multiplayer in Black Ops 3, thought I'd try the campaign, 'kin ell it's good, hard as well if you go for the realistic setting, swear it's one bullet and you're dead. Custom load outs, new abilities, co op, for once theres enough on the disc without stepping foot into the multiplayer. 

Zombies is still duff tho but if that's you're thing hey ho

You're doing the SP campaign? Only thing I'll say - "Imagine a frozen forest....", won't mean anything to you yet, but it will! :D

I didn't care much for the campaign tbh. The customization stuff, and ability to play co-op is very good, but the in-game mission mechanics seemed to lack variety - as you get further in it becomes apparent that it's all just a variation on a theme. 

On the bright side, the overall game is better than Ghosts and AW!

Only got the last 2 to do now, having to go solo as keep reviving people legging it straight into the centre of a huge gun fight is doing my nut in.

On hardened there's no respawn so you're screwed with no way to kick them either.

Missions with those huge robots where you have to shoot them and wait to fire the rocket they were just sending in rockets from the off. Rank 1 and 2 fools!

It is all a bit samey but then so are most campaigns really, would have been nice to switch way back in time and try and link it up with BO1 somehow but it's alright. 

You get a lot of gameplay on the disc for your money