Gaming

SaintRam

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

The upgrading is an expensive business, I always don't like the lack of user-friendliness... the amount of messing you have to do just to get some games to work is ridiculous.

Also, don't forget some of the horrendous PC ports about.

They tend to be contained with genres I have no interest in :p or all Ubisoft games, which I also have no interest in. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

that Batman game was a joke, and still is.

I'm not big into single-player open world games made by anyone other than Bethesda, can't get more than half an hour done before I get invited to something multiplayer lol - and it's those sorts of games that tend to be the poor ports.

Bethesda games i'll always tell people to go away when I'm playing though lol

Just now, SaintRam said:

I'm not big into single-player open world games made by anyone other than Bethesda, can't get more than half an hour done before I get invited to something multiplayer lol - and it's those sorts of games that tend to be the poor ports.

Bethesda games i'll always tell people to go away when I'm playing though lol

Bethesda is another one where due to all the modding etc. you need to be full scale nerd to play on pc.

I prefer console gaming but I do game on the PC too. The bad ports is just laziness, Ubisoft are one of the c*ntiest publishers out there. I hope the next console generation isnt a cop out like the current one is, a proper CPU/GPU would be nice, not these pathetic mobile equivalents we have in the XB1 and PS4.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Bethesda is another one where due to all the modding etc. you need to be full scale nerd to play on pc.

You don't have to mod it. I always play the game once through without any mods. Mods are available so I do mod it eventually but you don't need to be a nerd any more, all you do is click "install" on the mod page and then load up the game :p 

1 minute ago, RicME85 said:

I prefer console gaming but I do game on the PC too. The bad ports is just laziness, Ubisoft are one of the c*ntiest publishers out there. I hope the next console generation isnt a cop out like the current one is, a proper CPU/GPU would be nice, not these pathetic mobile equivalents we have in the XB1 and PS4.

Recommend anyone interested in this topic check out these:

42 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Just started Just Cause 3, Xbox One. Fun, and that certainly comes across straight away. Not sure I love it yet though, will try and play though main missions then make a judgement. Any thoughts from people who may have played it for awhile now?

Very fun. Probably better in short bursts though. Definitely worth playing. 

On 2/11/2016 at 11:29, Ashz09 said:

I've completed them through a lot of tears and sweat.. The amount of times I've lost all my souls was depressing then someone joins your world and destroys you is even more depressing! 

Dark Souls 2 ending was pretty short lived though. Disappointing. 

Witcher 3 is fun struggled at 1st now I just smash the attack button which works. The sec scenes are fun and surprising my missus sees them as but I wouldn't go that far! I've got a lot of missions to do going to take a long long time.. Plus the ? on the map trying to get them all..

Witcher was far better than Fallout

All that base building stuff, ****.

The confusing weapons system (handpicked short spliced guarded reinforced revolver pistol  vs hardened, chambered, pipe pistol piss pot blaster, both with 24 damage... what the **** is that **** all about? It's confusing as ****, and the meu system is a ******* joke - there's also no reason, once you've done 500 side quests and flirted with you whatever her name is 10 times to give the slightest **** about the main conceit of the overriding story

29 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The confusing weapons system (handpicked short spliced guarded reinforced revolver pistol  vs hardened, chambered, pipe pistol piss pot blaster, both with 24 damage... what the **** is that **** all about? It's confusing as ****, and the meu system is a ******* joke - there's also no reason, once you've done 500 side quests and flirted with you whatever her name is 10 times to give the slightest **** about the main conceit of the overriding story

So, in short, you enjoyed Fallout? Just needed to clear that up.:ph34r:

I have never played the Fallout series before but I have been playing The Witcher 3 as much as I possibly can recently, it is easily the best open world game that I have ever played (Grand Theft Auto included) and I would be amazed if it wasn't Game of the Year. The story is interesting, but I did think it was a little short, however all of those side quest's do make up for that to a degree. The environment is enormous and extremely immersive, it makes you want to explore every corner of the map in search of armor, swords, treasure or just searching to find the right plants to make your potions (which are very useful!). So all in all, this game would be my highest recommendation of the year so far (:

I played the open beta of Tom Clancy's The Division over the last few days and have preordered it. It's pretty cool. Shame it's Ubisoft, really. Will probably go down the pan earlier than it deserves because of that. 

13 hours ago, Coconut said:

I'm the opposite. Couldn't get into Witcher at all & got me money back for it on eBay. And yet I'm quite happy with the steady pace of Fallout. And the bugs & glitches I can live with because I've been use to them since Fallout 3 & New Vegas! 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I played the open beta of Tom Clancy's The Division over the last few days and have preordered it. It's pretty cool. Shame it's Ubisoft, really. Will probably go down the pan earlier than it deserves because of that. 

From what I've seen you play with two others online? Is there a single player option do you know?

All my mates grew up and don't play games anymore :( 

Just now, StringerBell said:

From what I've seen you play with two others online? Is there a single player option do you know?

All my mates grew up and don't play games anymore :( 

It's essentially an MMO. Everyone is in what appears to be a 1:1 of New York. You have instanced areas unique to you and up to 3 friends playing together, and then an area called the Dark Zone where it's essentially a free-for-all where everyone else playing the game could cross your path. And then kill you. 

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's essentially an MMO. Everyone is in what appears to be a 1:1 of New York. You have instanced areas unique to you and up to 3 friends playing together, and then an area called the Dark Zone where it's essentially a free-for-all where everyone else playing the game could cross your path. And then kill you. 

Hmm it does sound good but I'm presuming you have to know the people you're playing with? Even if there's the option of playing with some randomers I'm not too sure about that. I've not played online with mates since left for dead 2.