Gaming

SaintRam

5 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Hmm it does sound good but I'm presuming you have to know the people you're playing with? Even if there's the option of playing with some randomers I'm not too sure about that. I've not played online with mates since left for dead 2.

Yeah, I've been part of the same group of gaming buddies since Guild Wars 2. I've only ever met one of them when I visited Canada. A lot of people have trepidation about playing with strangers but I've met some really cool guys n gals through it. 

37 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Gaming-wise, I'm just clearing the decks, playing everything I want to, before Mass Effect: Andromeda drops towards the end of the year. Cannot. F*cking. Wait! :cool:

I'm amazed anyone still trusts them to competantly write and design a game after their last few debacles.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm amazed anyone still trusts them to competantly write and design a game after their last few debacles.

They're not stupid enough to repeat the ME3 ending mistake again! :lol:

99.9% of the original ME trilogy was brilliant, so BW are still in credit with me. For now....

I've scored similar goals, but I couldn't hope to get that barrel role in, especially when I'm looking back over the car the amount of time I barrel roll the wrong way is ridiculous. That's a very high standard, but the basic principle of the goal - diverting a diagonal clearance - is quite common, really good for catching the GK off-balance (as it were). 

I've got some very good mates I used to play command and conquer generals with. Spoke to about 8 of them constantly then and counter strike. One was a Forest fan didn't get on well at all now we're really good friends.

Been around 11 years we've all kept in touch. We usually play League of legends and once a year meet up for a piss up etc.

Gaming can be rewarding when meeting new people. Went to watch LCS in London with regards to League of Legends was a brilliant day fair to say quite a few nerds there lol.

2 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

I've got some very good mates I used to play command and conquer generals with. Spoke to about 8 of them constantly then and counter strike. One was a Forest fan didn't get on well at all now we're really good friends.

Been around 11 years we've all kept in touch. We usually play League of legends and once a year meet up for a piss up etc.

Gaming can be rewarding when meeting new people. Went to watch LCS in London with regards to League of Legends was a brilliant day fair to say quite a few nerds there lol.

When I used to play left for dead online there was often a mate of a mate who'd play. This was great and a good way to meet new people. My problem these days is if I wanted to play something like The Division I'd be playing not knowing anyone, with potentially nobody else knowing each other. It's just the awkwardness that puts me off. I wouldn't go for a pint with a load of people that didn't know each other for the same reason. Maybe I'm just socially awkward.

1 minute ago, StringerBell said:

When I used to play left for dead online there was often a mate of a mate who'd play. This was great and a good way to meet new people. My problem these days is if I wanted to play something like The Division I'd be playing not knowing anyone, with potentially nobody else knowing each other. It's just the awkwardness that puts me off. I wouldn't go for a pint with a load of people that didn't know each other for the same reason. Maybe I'm just socially awkward.

I'm the same... I do have plenty of mates who still game, but we all have our own lives and finding time where we are all online at the same time isn't easy

16 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I'm ridiculously socially awkward in real life, in fact I suffer quite severe anxiety over it. I find being social online much easier. Each to their own really. 

The games I play which require team work etc I just type in chat 'Want to come skype'? Or if I have had a good game with someone and would like to play some more with them. A lot of foreign and as long as you talk slowly with each word it's usually all good.

Guess I'm the opposite and would play with anyone once you're on a game like LoL and enjoy the same kind of roles etc it's easy to talk. It's when the losing starts the problems start lol.

I've met a few friends through LoL but not since I got any good. Far easier to make friends on it when you're all terrible and improve together, it's a pretty high pressure game when everyone's of a decent standard.

I've already made quite a few friends in Rocket League, I'm a sub for a Norwegian ESL team lol 

But I do find the best place to make friends online is on an MMO, while it has high-pressure activities it has a ton of casual stuff to do where making friends is easy. 

My core group of friends I met through Star Wars Galaxies, APB and then the majority through Guild Wars 2 (all NA servers because of previous friends I no longer talk to, so all of my mates are American :lol:)

met quite a few friends through the playstation,in particularly call of duty modern warfare back in the day.......we have met up as families for barbeques and even holidays and have remained friends even after most have moved away from gaming.....some of us moved onto airsoft which allowed us to carry on shooting each other under the pretence that we only do it to help us bond with our now teenage kids at the weekend