Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

Ipswich turned down a £4.5m bid for 32 year old Daryl Murphy from Middlesbrough today.

If he's worth anything like that, Martin has to be double surely?

£900m for Martin. :thumbsup:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

problem is how many players are there that do martins job at an equal or better standard?

murphy - getting on a bit

Deeney - aint gonna drop down a level

and im out of ideas already

not for sale

Lambert- Expensive, old and may not want to drop out of the Prem. Good player though.

With the money that's being thrown about the past few years would be severely disappointed if we accepted anything less that 12-15 mil...

main not for one second saying he is actually worth that but with what players are going for and what it would cost to get a decent replacement thats the minimum we could accept.

Martin if he stays will be a key player next season, that being said... Every player does have his price 

So Nixon said we had a big bid for a player and rejected it. From our squad a big bid would only likely be for Hendrick, Hughes or Martin.

Nixon also said he would revisit the story if the club dont get their main target.

Maybe it was Newcastle who bid in case they miss out on their main target - Charlie Austin

Just a thought!

Great player,one we should build the team around,can score goals,hold the ball up,win free kicks when under pressure,really really hard to replace , a player like Martin could be the difference between promotion and just missing out.How much is promotion worth a lot more than ten million,really hope he is still with us come the start of the season,I believe Martin is staying,to fire us to the premier league.

Cannot see us letting him go, before another player comes in, unless its for a few quid. Yes we have DB, but when he is out, we have no replacement. I reckon £8 - £ 10 million and we would sell.......

I am not to sure he is a prem player? He struggled in both Chelsea games and for Scotland against England last season.

Cannot see us letting him go, before another player comes in, unless its for a few quid. Yes we have DB, but when he is out, we have no replacement. I reckon £8 - £ 10 million and we would sell.......

I am not to sure he is a prem player? He struggled in both Chelsea games and for Scotland against England last season.

Jake Buxton made Ulloa look absolutely garbage in the three matches he played against us and he's done okay. 

I don't think judging Martin on three games, all against Cahill, should be a barometer of his ability to play in the Premier League. 

Martin's technical ability is superior to every other forward in this division. He lacks speed, and he doesn't move about a lot, but when he drop the ball anywhere near him, he does something with it. 

I like technically gifted footballers, that's why I would struggle to accept any other Championship player over him. Swapping him for someone like Chris Wood or Dayrl Murphy would send me over the edge. 

Most strikers playing for Premiership sides against the Chelsea defence have struggled so does that mean they're not of Premiership standard? Of course it doesn't! 

Martin is not your conventional striker -his role includes playing as a link and hold-up forward and comparisons with Teddy Sherringham are not far off the mark in respect of their styles. Try as i can, I'm unable to think of someone who could replace him at a price we are likely to be able to afford. Losing him would mean a change in how we play but maybe that's something Clements might be prepared to consider - who knows?

Archived