Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

Don't panic and shiver about it, it's always in my head that Martin will move at the speed of sound if a big club wants him. It'll hurt like heaven if he goes and we'll be back to square one which is the hardest part. I'm pretty sure they'll be a big warning sign before it, don't let it break your heart. At the min i'm up with the birds that he is still here... let's just hope it doesn't go up in flames.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was momentarily worried about Martin leaving when I saw his name in the Transfer Rumours room. Then I noticed the source is HITC and I'm not worried in the slightest.

Can we ban HITC from being deemed as a credible source and lock any threads based upon their stories?

ban Ambitious?

West Ham would be a good move for Martin.

Under Bilic they'll want to transform themselves from a direct team to one of a possession-based style. In Carroll and Valencia they have two players who aren't really suited to the latter.

They need a player capable of linking the play, and they'll probably look at Martin as a sound option given his record here and the fact we've just brought in Darren Bent.

He doesn't seem to want to go every time this sort of thing is mentioned. I doubt it. He's settled enough here.

This. Case closed!

I was told Swansea had bid for him by a friend who often gives me some info, he is a bit and miss (more miss than hit) so I didn't really think much of it. Now that I've read that article and Nixon (also hit and miss) has said we turned down big money for a player in the past week or so, I'm wondering if that was the bid he was referring to? Swansea have recently signed Eder, also a target man, and Nixon also mentioned that if the bidder didn't sign their other target then they'd come back for Martin, which hopefully now isn't the case. Not claiming to be ITK or anything which is why I don't bother posting the other stuff I'm told, but it seems like it all ties together nicely, to me at least anyway.  

This article mentions Martin as a target man, he isn't really, he's a link up player who a passing side can play off to bring their midfield into the game. Play him as a traditional target man and you've barely got half the player. 

He is a target man. Your description of what he is one description of a target man

problem is how many players are there that do martins job at an equal or better standard?

murphy - getting on a bit

Deeney - aint gonna drop down a level

and im out of ideas already

not for sale

Equal to Martin technically? Can think of a few.

Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Tom Daley, Mario Mandzukic.

problem is how many players are there that do martins job at an equal or better standard?

murphy - getting on a bit

Deeney - aint gonna drop down a level

and im out of ideas already

not for sale

Why like for like?

Personally I think it unlikely Martin will leave, but from a careerist perspective, always best to go when you are on a high.

If he goes, why do we need a Martin clone? We haven't achieved anything of meaning in 2 years playing our system, so why not try something else?

I am relaxed that I don't have to rely on bullshitters to assemble our 2015/16 squad. I am content at this juncture to think Morris, Evans and Clement can organise a promotion winning squad.

If we change our style under Clement (to 2 up front) then Martin get's sold for around 10 mil, We already have Bent/Weimann who could play with each other, We also have Bennett who could benefit from playing alongside Bent, We could also bring in another ST such as Rodallega on free transfer and still have a large amount of money to fund Ince or other signings! 

I know I think I read one of your articles, as did 14,999,999 others apparently.

I wish that many had read a single article, it would be a nice pay-day.

I don't see how you can say HITC is full of rubbish. If we invented rumours, we'd get banned. The rumours we post are reports from elsewhere or from our very own sources, which have been fed obviously by renowned figures.

We've got plenty of stuff spot on this summer, the latest being Chris Wood signing for Leeds.

I've blocked the HITC lot on Twitter

i wish i knew what that meant......i'm enjoying feeling not-ITK

i heard 12 news organisations are after @Bris Vegas

i much prefer it now that He has been unmasked as Tom 

its a bit like the unveiling of Kendo Nagasaki.

Archived