Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

From @GraemeBailey (57k followers)

A host of Premier League clubs are ready to test Derby County's resolve over Chris Martin, HITC Sport understands.

West Ham United, West Bromwich Albion, Swansea City, Newcastle United and Crystal Palace are all keen on the Scotland international striker, sources close to Derby have confirmed to HITC Sport.

26-year-old Martin has been one of the finest strikers outside the Premier League since joining Derby in early 2013.

His two full seasons with The Rams have seen him hit the net more than 45 times and he has matured into a top target-man - and the interested clubs clearly feel his is now Premier League calibre.

Derby are keen to hold onto him, as he has two-years left on his current deal, but they know they cannot match any top-flight pay packet.

Newcastle are the latest club to join the hunt as Steve McClaren got the best out of him at Derby and clearly feels he could be a valuable addition at St James' Park.

However, former Toon boss Alan Pardew is a big fan, as is West Brom's Tony Pulis and Swansea's Garry Monk.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/01/west-ham-one-of-five-premier-league-clubs-considering-derby-raid/

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin has the chance to be a key player for us in the PL. If he went now to any of these clubs he would be lucky to make a dozen starts before they no longer want to play him. The same goes with Hughes. Despite Hendricks weird season him too. 

Martin has 3 years left on his current deal, not 2. All that effort to make the article and he can't even google, 'Chris Martin contract' :lol:

Say it all. That site is tosh tbh

And he's a Boro fan.

Martin has 3 years left on his current deal, not 2. All that effort to make the article and he can't even google, 'Chris Martin contract' :lol:

Doesn't take a scientist to work out does it? probably just a rush of blood to the head moment when he got a message about the move

I was momentarily worried about Martin leaving when I saw his name in the Transfer Rumours room. Then I noticed the source is HITC and I'm not worried in the slightest.

Can we ban HITC from being deemed as a credible source and lock any threads based upon their stories?

I was momentarily worried about Martin leaving when I saw his name in the Transfer Rumours room. Then I noticed the source is HITC and I'm not worried in the slightest.

Can we ban HITC from being deemed as a credible source and lock any threads based upon their stories?

I write for HITC, and a lot of the reports are published from foreign sites and are correctly highlighted within the first paragraph, we'll never claim stories are our own unless states otherwise.

The guys that have their own sources are well known journalists and they've been pretty much bang on so far.

Would want £10m plus add ons for him as he would be a big miss. However the problem Martin has is finding a team that is a fit for him.

He's landed on his feet here at Derby as we play to his strengths, however if he moves to a team that doesn't suit his style then he won't do well. Look at his performances for Scotland, he's been mediocre at best, the reason being they don't suit his style and play a percentage football.

This article mentions Martin as a target man, he isn't really, he's a link up player who a passing side can play off to bring their midfield into the game. Play him as a traditional target man and you've barely got half the player. 

HITC =

Hi, I Talk Crap!!!!!

Archived