Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we really talking about our Chris Martin, who hasn't been able as yet to evidence that he can nail a position down at the head of the Scotland team, a race who aren't exactly overloaded with striking riches.

Good player Chrissy AT OUR LEVEL, and I don't want him to go this season as I like him and what he gives to our team, but he is not worth £10m unless the world has gone completely crazy.  He has has a good 18 months, after a very indifferent 24 months before (being a free transfer we salvaged from a loan spell with Swindon). 

The Scottish team has never played Martin with runners running beyond him as he holds it up. That's his role. Every time he's played, they've defensively cleared it up to him and no-ones gotten to support him at all quickly enough. Entirely isolated.

If he isn't played properly he's never going to hold a spot. 

The Scottish team has never played Martin with runners running beyond him as he holds it up. That's his role. Every time he's played, they've defensively cleared it up to him and no-ones gotten to support him at all quickly enough. Entirely isolated.

If he isn't played properly he's never going to hold a spot. 

You support my point. He is effectively a one trick pony, very good at what he does, and played in the right system at our level he will continue to do well. But he ain't worth £10m, and Ulloa wasn't worth £8m.  I can't think of one premiership team who would contemplate paying £10m for him, other than just perhaps Norwich - but he may have burned bridges there.

You support my point. He is effectively a one trick pony, very good at what he does, and played in the right system at our level he will continue to do well. But he ain't worth £10m, and Ulloa wasn't worth £8m.  I can't think of one premiership team who would contemplate paying £10m for him, other than just perhaps Norwich - but he may have burned bridges there.

You're buying him to play a system he can perform in certainly. But he can perform in that system higher than just our level, I believe. 

Swansea would be able to play that system quite well, as people have said but you're right it takes a specific set of weapons around Martin, most teams (including the Swans if reports are to be believed) won't risk it.

Also we can't ignore the fact he may be successful in other systems. This time at Derby is the only time he's ever been successful as a target man. He's only ever been tried as a target man. Clement may find a system that utilizes Bent in which Martin flourishes even more.

I hope so anyway. As good as Martin and the system has been, lack of versatility is a huge weakness.

Are we really talking about our Chris Martin, who hasn't been able as yet to evidence that he can nail a position down at the head of the Scotland team, a race who aren't exactly overloaded with striking riches.

Good player Chrissy AT OUR LEVEL, and I don't want him to go this season as I like him and what he gives to our team, but he is not worth £10m unless the world has gone completely crazy.  He has had a good 18 months, after a very indifferent 24 months before (being a free transfer we salvaged from a loan spell with Swindon). 

Hes not in the market but he is worth £10m for us. He could be worth £120m if next season goes to plan. He is essential to the squad and a must keep player, think this is why the price is inflated.

Hes not in the market but he is worth £10m for us. He could be worth £120m if next season goes to plan. He is essential to the squad and a must keep player, think this is why the price is inflated.

Sorry been out.  I am not advocating he is a bad player, and I am certainly not wanting to sell him - he fits well in our squad. But again you are getting arrived away that he could be worth £120m if next season goes to plan. This analogy I suppose is based on the value of promotion, but that analogy makes us sound like a one man team and all the others are bit part players.  We can debate all we like, but no one has yet explained to me which Premier League Club is going to stump up £10m for Chris Martin during the next month or two. The only answer is no one. Is there a relegated side that might - Burnley, QPR :lol: or Hull?  

Sorry been out.  I am not advocating he is a bad player, and I am certainly not wanting to sell him - he fits well in our squad. But again you are getting arrived away that he could be worth £120m if next season goes to plan. This analogy I suppose is based on the value of promotion, but that analogy makes us sound like a one man team and all the others are bit part players.  We can debate all we like, but no one has yet explained to me which Premier League Club is going to stump up £10m for Chris Martin during the next month or two. The only answer is no one. Is there a relegated side that might - Burnley, QPR :lol: or Hull?  

I see, it was about us getting promotion. In this side he is essential, along with other players. He cant really fit in other teams, proved in the past. He is too valuable to us for us to let him go.

On the flip side he is too expensive to be a premier league bench warmer.

I'm interested in dating Kylie, as is a lot of blokes around my age, doesn't mean any of us will see it happen.

You should be so lucky - lucky, lucky, lucky.

I got very close once, but just missed out. ****** Dannii instead with my eyes closed.

Dannii!!!!!!!? Sh.g owt you would

Like I said I had my eyes closed.

She was quite good actually, but it felt like she clamped her knees to my ears. At one stage neither of us could get a face muscle to move.

Archived