Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

Last year, we thought that we had too many players. We had no cover for Martin and we lost three CDMs. We did not have enough players at the end of the season.This is not going to happen under Clement. If Clement sees Martin as integral to his style of play, then cover for Martin is on its way. the CDM position is not overloaded, neither is the full back situation certain for me. We have signed six players and we are suggesting that we may get Shackell and Bridcutt, that would be eight players. My forecast is that nine or ten players are coming in.Last year's mistakes will not be repeated.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Steve-Nicholson-Sunderland-s-Liam-Bridcutt-Derby/story-26841496-detail/story.html

LIAM Bridcutt is not a transfer target on Derby County's radar, I understand.

The 26-year-old Sunderland midfielder has been linked with a £2m move to the Rams and speculation about a possible deal continues to bubble.

Bridcutt has made only 19 starts for the Black Cats since joining them from Brighton & Hove Albion for £2.5m in January 2014.

He is a holding midfielder, a position in which Derby have fit-again George Thorne as well as the experienced Chris Baird providing cover following the departure of John Eustace.

I am aware of other transfer targets on Derby's list and, of course, things can change quickly in a transfer window and certainly ahead of a new season.

But as of now, Bridcutt is not one the Rams are pursuing.

there is nothing on sky sports that suggest hes gone??

Gone where? Anyway welcome to the forum madhouse and beware of the puns though!

I'm finding this bridcutt 'saga' very strange. I know Nixon among others isn't always right but he has been adamant that we were in to sign him. All other deals have made sense so far but the contrasting media reports over this guy suggests that there is more than one department within the club trying to push through signings...

I'm finding this bridcutt 'saga' very strange. I know Nixon among others isn't always right but he has been adamant that we were in to sign him. All other deals have made sense so far but the contrasting media reports over this guy suggests that there is more than one department within the club trying to push through signings...

Steady on. Don't put this together and make internal divisions out of it, that's just plain daft.

Or Derby official line say we are not interested to keep others trying to sign him whilst we deal with Sunderland. Or Sunderland say we want him to drum up interest in a player they want rid of regardless if we want him or not. We are going to be linked with all sorts of players now as it will make other clubs take an interest, "if he is is good enough for Derby why don't we test the water?"

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Steve-Nicholson-Sunderland-s-Liam-Bridcutt-Derby/story-26841496-detail/story.html

LIAM Bridcutt is not a transfer target on Derby County's radar, I understand.

The 26-year-old Sunderland midfielder has been linked with a £2m move to the Rams and speculation about a possible deal continues to bubble.

Bridcutt has made only 19 starts for the Black Cats since joining them from Brighton & Hove Albion for £2.5m in January 2014.

He is a holding midfielder, a position in which Derby have fit-again George Thorne as well as the experienced Chris Baird providing cover following the departure of John Eustace.

I am aware of other transfer targets on Derby's list and, of course, things can change quickly in a transfer window and certainly ahead of a new season.

But as of now, Bridcutt is not one the Rams are pursuing.

For a while I was worried that our scouting doesn't read my posts.

Good news both, they are and Bridcutt is not coming.

Or Derby official line say we are not interested to keep others trying to sign him whilst we deal with Sunderland. Or Sunderland say we want him to drum up interest in a player they want rid of regardless if we want him or not. We are going to be linked with all sorts of players now as it will make other clubs take an interest, "if he is is good enough for Derby why don't we test the water?"

100% agree with this, i think Sunderland are making all the noise to try and create an auction. Hope we sign him, will be great to play next to or as back up to Thorne.

I'm guessing there has been a snag over wages and Sam Rush is playing hard ball.  Either accept our offer or we move to the next name on Chris Evans list.

On the other hand we could be waiting until there are twelve other clubs with a declared interest, and we need to wheel out a private jet.  Just to keep things interesting like :whistle:

I'd not want us to sacrifice much if any of our attacking potency. Boro were deadly dull last season. not "the Derby Way" at all (IMO of course).

The Derby way? Do you not remember how dull we were to watch under Nigel Clough at times and Billy Davies?

Archived