Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bridcutt is perfect to protect the back four and let the attacking players go about their business. 

He's the ideal signing for me. Thorne is obviously first class at that job as well, but he isn't going to play all the time. Baird can obviously do this. 

Bridcutt is perfect to protect the back four and let the attacking players go about their business. 

He's the ideal signing for me. Thorne is obviously first class at that job as well, but he isn't going to play all the time. Baird can obviously do this. 

Obviously.

Sky sports have just posted this on the transfer center:

DERBY AFTER BRIDCUTT

Derby County are targeting a move for Sunderland midfielder Liam Bridcutt, report the Daily Mail.

Paul Clement is hoping to add to his squad with a £2million acquisition of the former Brighton man.

Bridcutt was brought to the Black Cats by Gus Poyet, but fell out of favour under Dick Advocaat at the end of last season.

Derby County manager Paul Clement is planning to add to his big summer recruitment drive by moving for £2million midfielder Liam Bridcutt of Sunderland.

Clement has already signed six players since replacing Steve McClaren at Pride Park as Derby plan for a big Premier League promotion push after disappointingly miss out on the play-offs last season.

Bridcutt was signed by former Sunderland manager Gus Poyet from Brighton but didn't start a game after the Uruguayan was sacked and replaced by Dick Advocaat.

Derby have already brought in Darren Bent, Alex Pearce, Scott Carson, Chris Baird, Andreas Weimann and Tom Ince, with Ince costing a club record £4.75million from Hull City.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3149341/Liam-Bridcutt-Derby-radar-Paul-Clement-eyes-2m-Sunderland-swoop.html#ixzz3evh0JoqD 

Nice to have someone other than Nixon reporting our apparent interest in Bridcutt but I've never heard of the journalist who wrote the piece. Anyone know if he has a decent hit rate with rumours? Or more specifically, Football League rumours?

Derby County manager Paul Clement is planning to add to his big summer recruitment drive by moving for £2million midfielder Liam Bridcutt of Sunderland.

Clement has already signed six players since replacing Steve McClaren at Pride Park as Derby plan for a big Premier League promotion push after disappointingly miss out on the play-offs last season.

Bridcutt was signed by former Sunderland manager Gus Poyet from Brighton but didn't start a game after the Uruguayan was sacked and replaced by Dick Advocaat.

Derby have already brought in Darren Bent, Alex Pearce, Scott Carson, Chris Baird, Andreas Weimann and Tom Ince, with Ince costing a club record £4.75million from Hull City.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3149341/Liam-Bridcutt-Derby-radar-Paul-Clement-eyes-2m-Sunderland-swoop.html#ixzz3evh0JoqD 

You beat me to it. Says wilson aswell from manure

If this signing happens I think it proves Baird will be focusing on the right back slot

He played right back in the training and look at the photos #justsaying.

Archived