Liam Bridcutt

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Derby way? Do you not remember how dull we were to watch under Nigel Clough at times and Billy Davies?

Hence the inverted commas - "The Derby Way" was a quote from another thread. Words ascribed to Mel Morris in terms of what he is trying to build. I have no idea what such a way is going to look like but it sounds as though it will be built on what has been achieved over the past couple of seasons, not the years of 2007-2013

Bit confused at the moment as to what is going on with this. We need to be strengthening our back line now. Not sure Pearce is the answer, nor Bridcutt to be honest, and with continued rumours of Keogh and/or Buxton on the move, we could be left with a weaker defence than last season if we are not careful. At the moment, we are hoping that Albentosa is gonna find his feet, Keogh is gonna cut out those serious mistakes, Forsyth is gonna become more consistant and most importantly of all, Buxton is gonna continue shopping at M&S, and not feel the draw of Lidl or Aldi ! Seriously though, if we are waiting for all of the above to come to fruition, and Shacks doesn't end up coming, we may be in for another surprising season, and not for the better.

We should really be giving Albentosa a chance if we are looking to sign another defender. Guys been given no time at all, and if we are having two DMs as we expect, then he'll have plenty of cover if he makes a mistake.

We should really be giving Albentosa a chance if we are looking to sign another defender. Guys been given no time at all, and if we are having two DMs as we expect, then he'll have plenty of cover if he makes a mistake.

Why should he have a chance over anyone else? Or is it because he is from spain he should get special treatment? If he is good enough he will get picked.

I had a dream he grew to an 80 on FIFA, sign him up ffs

Interesting you had another dream :lol:

Not a word of a lie I had a dream that Real Madrid were chasing Albentosa, One of the best defenders in England. Torres (somehow in the Madrid team) was trying to tap him up.

Woke up to see if Raul has said anything on twitter. Just him holding his baby with an Assassins Creed tattoo.

Im guessing this means he will find his feet this season.

Or me and you need to get out more for the hope of less sad more interesting dreams

Why should he have a chance over anyone else? Or is it because he is from spain he should get special treatment? If he is good enough he will get picked.

No it's because we spent a lot of money on him, he bought out his own contract to be here and would rather not have a defender who doesn't get a look in on the wage bill. No ones giving him a chance to play in consecutive games to show what he can do in a settled defence, only seen him in the odd game and we're judging him on that.

Interesting you had another dream :lol:

Not a word of a lie I had a dream that Real Madrid were chasing Albentosa, One of the best defenders in England. Torres (somehow in the Madrid team) was trying to tap him up.

Woke up to see if Raul has said anything on twitter. Just him holding his baby with an Assassins Creed tattoo.

Im guessing this means he will find his feet this season.

Or me and you need to get out more for the hope of less sad more interesting dreams

That's a bloody weird, tattoo, isn't it, had me scratching my head a bit.

Albentosa came into a struggling team, a new culture, a new language, played in his unfavoured position, left a pregnant wife behind him in spain. I think we should give him a chance before judging him.

I think Pellegrini's wife is still teaching in Chile.

Something tells me that she doesn't know he is manager of one of the richest teams in world football and earning more than she will in her life every year :lol:

No it's because we spent a lot of money on him, he bought out his own contract to be here and would rather not have a defender who doesn't get a look in on the wage bill. No ones giving him a chance to play in consecutive games to show what he can do in a settled defence, only seen him in the odd game and we're judging him on that.

So even if he doesn't play well enough he should be in the side as we spent decent money on him? You earn the right to play with good performances sadly, its pro football not an U7 development team. His pedigree is no better than Shottons, (who has also been very poor) he has played a whole 17 games in la liga where as Shotton has played over double that in the prem. The person who is performing best should play, simple.

Albentosa came into a struggling team, a new culture, a new language, played in his unfavoured position, left a pregnant wife behind him in spain. I think we should give him a chance before judging him.

When Albentosa first came we weren't struggling, he wasn't going to play right side as that's where Keogh plays so why did we sign him? The other excuses don't stop him from having no pace, not attacking the ball in the air, not being able to pass to a team mate etc, Plenty of people work away from their pregnant wifes but they have to get one with it and do there job well. 

When Albentosa first came we weren't struggling, he wasn't going to play right side as that's where Keogh plays so why did we sign him? The other excuses don't stop him from having no pace, not attacking the ball in the air, not being able to pass to a team mate etc, Plenty of people work away from their pregnant wifes but they have to get one with it and do there job well. 

I'd rather have someone like Albentosa in the team who will do his job properly than another player who makes silly mistakes all of the time.

Archived