Number 1

Day

You are my number 1  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant. 

Could pick out big mess ups in every player.

Thought he was faultless for months and months. Then he lost the plot at Bournemouth and never recovered but for every punch in the net there's a top save at point blank v Cardiff. How come people only remember the bad? 

In what? 20 months he's had 16/17 where hes been mostly excellent. I think he's earned a few howlers

If Carson wants his place then he'll have to hope Grant doesn't recover imo. 

Anyone but Grant, unless he manages to put the last two months horror show firmly behind him.

Steve Cherry made ONE cock-up of that magnitude, and people still talk about it now. Grant made three in a couple of months and it seems that to some it's just one of those things because he makes his fair share of great saves.

Anyone but Grant, unless he manages to put the last two months horror show firmly behind him.

Steve Cherry made ONE cock-up of that magnitude, and people still talk about it now. Grant made three in a couple of months and it seems that to some it's just one of those things because he makes his fair share of great saves.

How is he meant to show he's put bad form behind him if he doesn't play? 

The second point I don't get. Relate it to a striker for example. I'd forgive a striker for a goal drought and a couple of penalty misses if he'd proven himself a goalscorer and asset to Derby in 17 months in 20. I'd have faith that his poor performances were a blip rather than the norm. And I'd hope that if he can battle through the tough time, score a goal or two off his elbow then we'd get another 17 months of one of the club's best players. 

I'd take that over 24 months of average. Not that I'm saying Carson is average. I'm more about arguing why Grant deserves a chance in the new season. First flap and i'll not boo with the rest of the ground. But ill be happy to see Carson. 

The Bournemouth blunder made me the angriest. Pure stupidity and nothing to do with confidence.

The hotel wifi in Majorca is a nightmare. Only just managed to see the news about the kit and Carson. Hopefully I'll be able to complete this post before it messes up.

I'd stick with Grant initially. From what I've read we've got him cheap and I doubt his wages are bank breaking either. Strong competition is clearly what Grant needs. A kick up the backside and a dose of confidence in himself. Roos clearly not deemed good enough yet hence Grant keeping his spot in the side despite his form. I'd keep all 3 keepers we have and loan Roos out to top half league 1. Carson wouldn't have been high on my list of choices for a new keeper and it isn't particularly exciting, but find me another club in this league whose keeper and back-up keeper have the quality and experience of ours.

Despite Grant's end of season form and Carson not being the most inspired signing in the world, they're still both very strong Championship level keepers.

For me there were at least ten goals that we conceded last year I personally want better from on my goalkeeper. 

I can except one or two complete cock ups. I can then expect 3 or 4 can do much better but ok I except, but ten plus which is what they were, I cannot accept.

i know someone will say name them but I did about a month or so ago on here and cannot be bothered to go over new ground. The ones that stock out:

monumental errors:

- Wolves away punching into his own net

- Rotherham away flapping at a cross

- Millwall away with none sliced clearence

Could do better:

- Both Forest goals at home

- Bamford at Middlesborough (not the home game)

- Huddersfield away direct from corner

- Wolves away first goal, straight under him

the above is from memory. I respect peoples opinions if you think he is still good enough but just take a step back to realise how many mistakes he does make. Some of the really good saves he has made, well, all goalkeepers make these.

Archived