Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY County are hoping to bring defender Jason Shackell back to the club in a reported £2m deal.

Shackell has been linked with a return to the Rams this summer and they have now made an offer for the Burnley skipper, according to the Telegraph.

Derby sold the former Norwich City man to Burnley in 2012 after only one season at Pride Park.

He has spent the past three years at Turf Moor, helping them to promotion from the Championship in 2013-14.

The 31-year-old was ever-present for Sean Dyche's side in the Premier League last term but could not save them from relegation.

Shackell has one year left to run on his current contract at Burnley.

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-bid-2m-secure-Jason-Shackell/story-26700150-detail/story.html

£2m is stupid for a 31 year old centre back with just a year on his contract.

DERBY County are hoping to bring defender Jason Shackell back to the club in a reported £2m deal.

Shackell has been linked with a return to the Rams this summer and they have now made an offer for the Burnley skipper, according to the Telegraph.

Derby sold the former Norwich City man to Burnley in 2012 after only one season at Pride Park.

He has spent the past three years at Turf Moor, helping them to promotion from the Championship in 2013-14.

The 31-year-old was ever-present for Sean Dyche's side in the Premier League last term but could not save them from relegation.

Shackell has one year left to run on his current contract at Burnley.

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-bid-2m-secure-Jason-Shackell/story-26700150-detail/story.html

£2m is stupid for a 31 year old centre back with just a year on his contract.

​You say that, but Burnley fans think that they should be getting more for him

£2m is a decent bid, which is why it hasn't been accepted nor rejected. 

The money for promotion this season is eye-watering. Shackell has by all accounts been one of Burnley's best players over the past two seasons and their captain. They won't want to sell him at all. 

If Shackell says, adamantly, that he wants a move here then I think the bid will be accepted. I believe, which is what I think will happen.

£2m for defender who has a good reputation here, good understanding of the club and has just enjoyed a good season (personally) in the Premier League as a captain is a bargain.

Having just read a post which quoted Clement as being very intelligent, I would think the watching of DVD's would only play a small part of his understanding of who's got a future or not. 

Simmo and Steel are still on the payroll and (hopefully) still want to be part of our next attempt at promotion so I would think he would have had a meeting with each individually to get their opinions on what went wrong and which players contributed to it and what they would do to rectify it. (This could also help him decide if both are people he wants to stick around) 

I could be typing tripe as usual but the fact remains it's a good time to be a Rams fan and I can't wait for the new fixtures to come out later this week. I'm going for MK Dons away to start our promotion season. ;)

I heard rumours that the first game is Brentford HOME, We'll just have to wait and see I guess! 

Keogh won't be at the club next season. He was clearly feeling victimised by the fans from his reaction in the final few home games. With his Mrs having to close down her Twitter account because of the abuse, and his likely replacement as skipper, Richard Keogh will not be a Ram by the end of July.

That will leave Pearce and Albentosa on the right, Shackell and Buxton on the left, with Rawson as cover.Can't see Shotton being here either, but I reckon we'll hang on to Forsyth, Christie and Warnock.

Shackell is fantastic at this level.

Chest out, head up, I'm the best defender in the league. That's the way he plays every game. Sometimes you need a player like that who just oozes arrogance, belief and will to win.

at 31 he easily has 4 years left in him at a good level.

i would take someone like Richard Dunne at this level, so Shackell, for me, is a great potential signing

(just hope he limits the Hollywood passes) lol

Wouldn't say no.

With 2 new central defenders coming in I can't help but think there are some defenders leaving. Perhaps Albentosa (didn't like the food), Keogh (got fed up of the abuse), Shotton (utility, not first choice anywhere), Bucko (although after Nigel left the Blades and SM left us, I think it's more remote than it was)?

Archived