Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happy for Shotton to leave and then Rawson to go out on loan with the option to call him back. That would leave us with Keogh, Pearce, Buxton. Shackell and Albentosa. I think we will need 5 centre backs if we want a successful cup run as well

So..................................

..............................................Carson......................................................

Christie...................Keogh.......................Shackell........................Forsyth

...............................Thorne.......................Hughes...................................

............Ince.............................Martin...........................Weimann...............

................................................Bent.............................................................

Squad; Grant - Pearce - Shotton - Bryson - Hendrick - Russell - Dawkins - Warnock - Albentosa -

Am I getting carried away....:ph34r:

​Yes, you've picked Christie. He should also be carried away. 

I'd be happy for Shotton to leave and then Rawson to go out on loan with the option to call him back. That would leave us with Keogh, Pearce, Buxton. Shackell and Albentosa. I think we will need 5 centre backs if we want a successful cup run as well

​At any one time we can anticipate having one of them injured or suspended. 5 cb's can seem a lot. But in reality it isn't. Although even with one injured/suspended there would still be one of them left out of the match day squad I would imagine. Can not see us have two non versatile CB's on the bench. But considering Rawson and also Hanson and Shotton, bringing in 1 more seems excessive. Surely a couple must be on there way out. 

I see the player who started the season not the one who finished it. That's the one I picked.

​I thought he was poor defensively from day one. His positional sense was very poor from the first game. After a while he was targeted and looked poorer. 

Apart from his poor positional sense his decision making is awful, particularly holding onto the ball both in defensive and attacking play.

​I thought he was poor defensively from day one. His positional sense was very poor from the first game. After a while he was targeted and looked poorer. 

Apart from his poor positional sense his decision making is awful, particularly holding onto the ball both in defensive and attacking play.

​Completely agree. He was always terrible defensively and a bit hit and miss going forwards. The more amazing thing to me is how quickly fans turned on him, when his performances weren't even that much worse. 

I even remember a poll asking whether Christie was better than Wisdom. I'm sure someone can dig it out as the results will be hilarious. 

It's posts like this that remind me how young you are.

It's like there's this ongoing competition between fans to see who can react quickest​ and in the most extreme fashion. For all you wannabes out there, my friend is currently winning comfortably. You wouldn't believe the ***** he comes out with.

Just had a peek at the Burnley forum regarding the possibility of Shackell coming here. Eddie Howe signed him along with ,Ings and Trippier when he was there .

They have concerns about replacements now he has gone ,good manager than Eddie Howe.

Shackell was great when he was here. 

2m is too much but i think MM is doing a Lionel Pickering.

unfortunately it has never worked when we went mad with the chequebook.

it feels a bit like when Arthur Cox blew a stash of cash but it just didn't click.

on balance I'd be happy to have him back

Archived