Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

How do you have 2 back 4's consistently picked? :huh:

I mean the same set so not changing just 1 or 2, Having the same four playing together, Whether that's Christie/Keogh/Shackell/Forsyth or Shotton/Albentosa/Pearce/Warnock (Just picked at random, not in any rank) 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shackell would come back, depending on who else is interested, I'm 100% about it. 

#unfinishedbusiness. 

Seriously, though, he's one of the best defenders in the division, proven, and has improved his passing - or at least improved his efficiency with the ball. 

I'd offer them Shotton in return. I think losing Keogh would be a big mistake; although I don't think he's captain material, he wasn't voted in the PFA team of the year for nothing. 

He comfortably outperformed every other defender last season, largely thanks to Buxton's injury-hit campaign, and carried a lot of weight on his shoulders. He's the last defender in the squad we should be looking to move on. 

So if Shackell, Ince and Weimann sign, our fees spent this summer will not be far off 10 million?

Maybe we are selling someone or some players for significant sums to balance the expenditure. 

or more likely.....

Maybe the Weimann deal has Hendrick going the other way with some cash coming in this direction also, which in turn could finance the Shackell signing.

Which means the Ince transfer is the only hard cash we will have spent on a transfer so far this summer, all hypothetical at this point I know. 

But good business if it all comes to pass. ????

Shackell would come back, depending on who else is interested, I'm 100% about it. 

#unfinishedbusiness. 

Seriously, though, he's one of the best defenders in the division, proven, and has improved his passing - or at least improved his efficiency with the ball. 

I'd offer them Shotton in return. I think losing Keogh would be a big mistake; although I don't think he's captain material, he wasn't voted in the PFA team of the year for nothing. 

He comfortably outperformed every other defender last season, largely thanks to Buxton's injury-hit campaign, and carried a lot of weight on his shoulders. He's the last defender in the squad we should be looking to move on. 

I second this - Keogh and Shackell would be a great pairing!

​So that's why he spent half his time defending on his arris. :ph34r:

Would be a fantastic signing.

And any issues he had has long since gone when the previous managements got booted. He was very popular here and he knew it.

I'd love to see a Shackell / Pearce pairing or Shackell / Keogh.

Lots of options.

Get it done Sammy boy!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/derby-county/11675652/Derby-County-manager-Paul-Clement-ready-to-take-Jason-Shackell-back-to-Pride-Park-following-Burnleys-relegation.html

Paul Clement has launched a £2 million bid to bring Burnley defender Jason Shackell back to Derby County.

Clement tabled an offer for the centre-half over the weekend in the latest move of an ambitious recruitment drive by the Championship club.

Shackell is aware of the bid from his former club and sources in the north-west have indicated that he has informed Burnley manager Sean Dyche he is keen to take on a new challenge.

The 31-year-old has spent three seasons at Turf Moor and made 39 appearances in Burnley’s brief stay in the Premier League.

But Derby want Shackell to form a new partnership with summer signing Alex Pearce and are hopeful of concluding a deal this month.

Shackell was sold by Derby in 2012 after just one campaign in the east Midlands but Clement, the club’s new head coach, wants to secure his return.

Derby have already signed former England internationals Darren Bentand Scott Carson this summer and are closing in on Aston Villa’s Andreas Weimann for £2m.

Thomas Ince is also on the radar, with Clement determined to complete a club record £4.5m deal for the Hull City winger.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/derby-county/11675652/Derby-County-manager-Paul-Clement-ready-to-take-Jason-Shackell-back-to-Pride-Park-following-Burnleys-relegation.html

Paul Clement hopes to bolster squad with addition of former Derby defender

Paul Clement has launched a £2 million bid to bring Burnley defender Jason Shackell back to Derby County.

Clement tabled an offer for the centre-half over the weekend in the latest move of an ambitious recruitment drive by the Championship club.

Shackell is aware of the bid from his former club and sources in the north-west have indicated that he has informed Burnley manager Sean Dyche he is keen to take on he is keen to take on a new challenge.

The 31-year-old has spent three seasons at Turf Moor and made 39 appearances in Burnley’s brief stay in the Premier League.

But Derby want Shackell to form a new partnership with summer signing Alex Pearce and are hopeful of concluding a deal this month.

Shackell was sold by Derby in 2012 after just one campaign in the east Midlands but Clement, the club’s new head coach, wants to secure his return.

Derby have already signed former England internationals Darren Bent and Scott Carson this summer and are closing in on Aston Villa’s Andreas Weimann for £2m.

Thomas Ince is also on the radar, with Clement determined to complete a club record £4.5m deal for the Hull City winger.

Archived