Signed: Jason Shackell

irobinson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​31's not too old for a CB and he has experience in the Prem where he more than held his own.

£2m is a fair price for him, although I am worried with the amount we're spending in total.

I want it all, and I want it now. I have had it with the steady build - I am too old and too impatient. I want one more trip to Wembley (not the playoffs) and a European campaign (even a Wiganesque one) before I pop my clogs.

Paul Clement is not a man to dither or hang about it would seem. He has seen the DVDs of last season and is acting swiftly to say the least. Mel Morris is getting Derby County into the Premiership in one season. Players with Premiership quality are starting to arrive. There was no way that the No.2 from Real Madrid was coming here with no money to spend. Paul Clement saw the weaknesses and he is striking while the iron is hot to solve them. Derby County players are watching the football news big time!

Carson

Forsyth? Shackell  Pearce/Keogh TBA

Weiman Hughes Thorne/TBA  Ince

Martin

Bent

Yet to arrive are Defensive Midfielder (From Spain)?, Right Back, Left Back

When Ancellotti described Clement as very intelligent, he meant what he said. Ancellotti could have had pretty much anyone that he wanted as his No.2. Clement gives every impression of either having thought about which players that he wanted for months or he has wasted no time at all in assessing situations and solving the problems quickly. Clement has not got any loans in yet but they will be quality and with a view to purchase if we get promotion. I do not think that he will bring young players in to develop them for their parent clubs. Clement's No.2 will be a very bright guy indeed. I expect Clement to restructure everything at the Club because he knows what world class Academies and structures look like. There is very little chance that his team will be making the same mistakes for three games in a row. Remedial action will be soon coming. His team will be tightly disciplined and anyone who cannot adhere to instructions will be history. Seems to me that something of a clear out is about to take place. Clement already has a list of who he is prepared to let go. A few surprises on the list, I think. He is assessing the players to see who would be good enough for a Premiership squad. Paul Ince does not need any more information as to what Derby's intentions are for next season. Clement said that he would be hard but fair, so do not go knocking on his door unless you are playing out of your skin, I think..Clement knows that if he gets us promoted that he is going to get big money to spend on players for the Premiership. Mel Morris has got a very poor record at failing because whatever he puts his mind to, turns out to be very successful. Go for it Paul and Mel. COYR

Paul Clement is not a man to dither or hang about it would seem. He has seen the DVDs of last season and is acting swiftly to say the least. Mel Morris is getting Derby County into the Premiership in one season. Players with Premiership quality are starting to arrive. There was no way that the No.2 from Real Madrid was coming here with no money to spend. Paul Clement saw the weaknesses and he is striking while the iron is hot to solve them. Derby County players are watching the football news big time!

Carson

Martin

Bent

When Ancellotti described Clement as very intelligent, he meant what he said. Ancellotti could have had pretty much anyone that he wanted as his No.2. Clement gives every impression of either having thought about which players that he wanted for months or he has wasted no time at all in assessing situations and solving the problems quickly. Clement has not got any loans in yet but they will be quality and with a view to purchase if we get promotion. I do not think that he will bring young players in to develop them for their parent clubs. Clement's No.2 will be a very bright guy indeed. I expect Clement to restructure everything at the Club because he knows what world class Academies and structures look like. There is very little chance that his team will be making the same mistakes for three games in a row. Remedial action will be soon coming. His team will be tightly disciplined and anyone who cannot adhere to instructions will be history. Seems to me that something of a clear out is about to take place. Clement already has a list of who he is prepared to let go. A few surprises on the list, I think. He is assessing the players to see who would be good enough for a Premiership squad. Paul Ince does not need any more information as to what Derby's intentions are for next season. Clement said that he would be hard but fair, so do not go knocking on his door unless you are playing out of your skin, I think..Clement knows that if he gets us promoted that he is going to get big money to spend on players for the Premiership. Mel Morris has got a very poor record at failing because whatever he puts his mind to, turns out to be very successful. Go for it Paul and Mel. COYR

Stopped reading this when you put Forsyth at right back

In regards to Clement watching the DVDs of last season, the problem is that watching games on video only ever tell half the story.

I'm a big fan of analytics, sabermetrics etc. but traditional scouting is still very important.

It sounds to me like that Clement want to get as many bodies in for pre-season training and see who he likes the most and maybe sell the ones who are surplus to requirements.

It will be a good move to get Shackell in. Probably be able to cover half of his fee by getting shot of Keogh, once the kit man complains to Clement that the grass stains on the back of Keogh's shorts are too ground in to remove.

Carson

Martin

Bent

​You see, i think that's too many arrivals that might upset the squad balance.

I'd like to see Shackell, Ince and Weimann arrive and that's it. Maybe a loan DM too.

For me, I'd be OK with Christie and Forsyth pencilled in as starters. We all know what both of them are capable of and you can only assume the arrival of Shack and the return of Thorne will help them out too. The lack of a DM and constant chopping and changing at CB coincided with their shocking form, in my opinion. Before that, they were both brilliant.

Having just read a post which quoted Clement as being very intelligent, I would think the watching of DVD's would only play a small part of his understanding of who's got a future or not. 

Simmo and Steel are still on the payroll and (hopefully) still want to be part of our next attempt at promotion so I would think he would have had a meeting with each individually to get their opinions on what went wrong and which players contributed to it and what they would do to rectify it. (This could also help him decide if both are people he wants to stick around) 

I could be typing tripe as usual but the fact remains it's a good time to be a Rams fan and I can't wait for the new fixtures to come out later this week. I'm going for MK Dons away to start our promotion season. ;)

Quote- To be fair... he's got ALL his sides back to front...

To be fair I was just listing players in groups. Forsyth is better than Warnock but as there have been no obvious rumours  about replacements for  Forsyth, I simply put a question mark by his name, meaning that within the present rumour mill he is the one in the frame at present. At the end of the last season my view was that we needed a new back five! 

I remember two things about Shackell:

1) He left under mysterious circumstances despite being one of our best players that season.

2) He was on MTV's The Hills.

To this day I'm not sure which confuses me more.

So..................................

..............................................Carson......................................................

Christie...................Keogh.......................Shackell........................Forsyth

...............................Thorne.......................Hughes...................................

............Ince.............................Martin...........................Weimann...............

................................................Bent.............................................................

Squad; Grant - Pearce - Shotton - Bryson - Hendrick - Russell - Dawkins - Warnock - Albentosa -

Am I getting carried away....:ph34r:

..............................................Carson......................................................

Christie...................Keogh.......................Shackell........................Forsyth

...............................Thorne.......................Hughes...................................

............Ince.............................Martin...........................Weimann...............

................................................Bent.............................................................

Squad; Grant - Pearce - Shotton - Bryson - Hendrick - Russell - Dawkins - Warnock - Albentosa -

​That team looks a lot better than some Premier League sides

​Spot on.

I'd expect maybe 2 or 3 of those squad players to leave too.

Archived