McClaren still head coach as it stands..

I highlighted vagueness of the 'report'. It was a classic example of having nothing to say and managing to occupy six paragraphs in doing so.

Looks like SSN reporter  Rob Dorsett saying its in hands of lawyers anyway now and McClaren could get 2 Million in compensation but he will be leaving but not today  

You are entitled to support McClaren and criticise that report but I honestly think that if he stays it will cause problems now for the club as the board and Manager look like they are on a collision course about money allegedly.

Its clear IMO the owners allegedly want McClaren out of Derby and to resign .

If could be wrong along with many other people now. 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so in a matter of weeks we go from receiving 2mil to having to pay 2mil

maclaren has to leave now, if he doesn't, the relationship now with what has happened is unfixable

my take on it is maclaren was asked to resign, obviosuly on a fat paycheck he says no so now the club is 'offering' him to other clubs (newcastle) probably without having to pay compensation just to save them the money but if no club comes in calling then well fork out the money with the middle finger stuck up at him and (hopefully) send him on gardening leave so he cant join another club

if maclarens been playing dirty flirting with newcastle and this is all just a 'farce' so he can go meet up with ashley then we should be dirty back and prevent him from going there

Incredible what's being reported now.

The only incredible thing is that we've lost the best manager we've had for a decade because of rabble rousing newspaper 'journalists' and the idiots that believe everything that's written by them.

The only incredible thing is that we've lost the best manager we've had for a decade because of rabble rousing newspaper 'journalists' and the idiots that believe everything that's written by them.

The Mirror 1-1 Derby County

McClaren and Maxwell the scorers.

That's only true if one of the idiots who believe it is Mel Morris.

That's only true if one of the idiots who believe it is Mel Morris.

No it isn't, it was obvious after the last game that his position was impossible, he wouldn't last past the first defeat next season.

​Come on Eddie, he gets all of his football knowledge from one single reference book - The Junior Encyclopaedia of Management. It's the only one he could find with pictures in it!

There's no point feeling sorry about Steve. It's a kindness. He's like an old incontinent sheepdog who's had his day. Take him out to the barn with a shotgun and blow the mother away. And I'm only saying that because I'm so fond of him.

​Smeggin rate Queeg :D

​Smeggin rate Queeg :D

Clement is going to be a lot like Queeg methinks.

"I'm putting you through the regulation 1 hour training session. And then your ass is on a 3 mile run" 

"Ah, see, McClaren and I had this little understanding..."

Clement is going to be a lot like Queeg methinks.

"I'm putting you through the regulation 1 hour training session. And then your ass is on a 3 mile run" 

"Ah, see, McClaren and I had this little understanding..."

​Then he would pretend to forget, and wake me around 10 with one of Bucko's broken coffee cups

Really?  If you believe that you'll believe anything. Hell, if that is the truth then every manager would be sacked every five minutes, governments turned upside down, companies shut down.

It's nice to live in lala land. 

Really?  If you believe that you'll believe anything. Hell, if that is the truth then every manager would be sacked every five minutes, governments turned upside down, companies shut down.

It's nice to live in lala land. 

​twice you've dismissed this kind of theory, but can I point out, and I don't do it patronisingly, where do you live again? I'm pretty sure it's not even in England, let alone Derby. You won't really have the level of exposure to what's been happening in the concourses at iPro, in the stands, in the pubs, on twitter, on the phone ins etc....

​twice you've dismissed this kind of theory, but can I point out, and I don't do it patronisingly, where do you live again? I'm pretty sure it's not even in England, let alone Derby. You won't really have the level of exposure to what's been happening in the concourses at iPro, in the stands, in the pubs, on twitter, on the phone ins etc....

Fare enough, but of there isn't an element of truth to what is going on then we wouldn't be here and rumours quashed or nipped in the bud. The thing though, there is a problem and we probably don't know the half of it. 

But idle talk, online chatter rarely have an impact on boardroom level.  

Fare enough, but of there isn't an element of truth to what is going on then we wouldn't be here and rumours quashed or nipped in the bud. The thing though, there is a problem and we probably don't know the half of it. 

But idle talk, online chatter rarely have an impact on boardroom level.  

​Fair* ;)

Given that we have been told nothing will be sorted until after the weekend, Daveo could do us all a favour and suspend the forum for 3 days.

We might all speak to our families or something rather than just speculate...

Archived