McClaren still head coach as it stands..

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but wonder what next season would behold if McClaren is still here, providing the rumours of the fallout are true, because he dug his heels in. 

The fans would have to back him for it to work, but most have accepted, some even willing, his departure from the club.

I find it odd that we would sack him despite under performing this season. I have no doubts under McClaren we would have a strong team next season, whereas Clement is a bit of a gamble. I'm also under no illusion that this sacking and hiring of someone like Clement would cost big money. 

From the outside looking in, Newcastle were clearly interested in him yet he was as loyal as anyone could expect him to be. We're not a premier league side and everyone wants to climb the pyramid, so to speak, so it wasn't a huge issue for me. In truth, it never really occurred to me that it would happen. I will admit his answer to the question of Newcastle's interest was a poor one but did it really matter? 

What we need to be doing, McClaren or Clement, is looking to finish off the squad. By this, I mean by purchases and coaching. 

Clement is my first choice should someone come in because he clearly has pedigree. He's gone from a school teacher to Real Madrid's assistant manager due to his ability to impress big names in the game. I appreciate that a lot more than an ex pro with a big name or even a coach with a good reputation at this level, I.e. holloway, warnock and even Warburton. 

My hold up with McClaren is his signings thus far, not the loanees, but the permanent signings. I don't mind youngsters with a bit of promise - Christie and Calero - but Shotton and Warnock already look surplus to requirements. Albentosa needs a big pre-season but I still have hopes for him. Clement has no track record in this area but I'd imagine that he's worked with a huge array of players of differing abilities and will know what makes a difference. 

In fairness, though, it's no different from when Boro picked McClaren up all those years ago. Clements just had a bigger period in assistant management.

I don't buy that because he's never been the first team manager that he doesn't know the job though. He's a good choice but coming in after a odd situation (if it happens). 

Excellent post. 

I can't help but wonder what next season would behold if McClaren is still here, providing the rumours of the fallout are true, because he dug his heels in. 

The fans would have to back him for it to work, but most have accepted, some even willing, his departure from the club.

I find it odd that we would sack him despite under performing this season. I have no doubts under McClaren we would have a strong team next season, whereas Clement is a bit of a gamble. I'm also under no illusion that this sacking and hiring of someone like Clement would cost big money. 

From the outside looking in, Newcastle were clearly interested in him yet he was as loyal as anyone could expect him to be. We're not a premier league side and everyone wants to climb the pyramid, so to speak, so it wasn't a huge issue for me. In truth, it never really occurred to me that it would happen. I will admit his answer to the question of Newcastle's interest was a poor one but did it really matter? 

What we need to be doing, McClaren or Clement, is looking to finish off the squad. By this, I mean by purchases and coaching. 

Clement is my first choice should someone come in because he clearly has pedigree. He's gone from a school teacher to Real Madrid's assistant manager due to his ability to impress big names in the game. I appreciate that a lot more than an ex pro with a big name or even a coach with a good reputation at this level, I.e. holloway, warnock and even Warburton. 

My hold up with McClaren is his signings thus far, not the loanees, but the permanent signings. I don't mind youngsters with a bit of promise - Christie and Calero - but Shotton and Warnock already look surplus to requirements. Albentosa needs a big pre-season but I still have hopes for him. Clement has no track record in this area but I'd imagine that he's worked with a huge array of players of differing abilities and will know what makes a difference. 

In fairness, though, it's no different from when Boro picked McClaren up all those years ago. Clements just had a bigger period in assistant management.

I don't buy that because he's never been the first team manager that he doesn't know the job though. He's a good choice but coming in after a odd situation (if it happens). 

​But that was all a waste of time and keyboard plastic because you've based it on an assumption that the Newcastle interest was nothing. Maybe Rush and Morris know something you don't? As they most likely do?

i would suggest we keep it clean regarding our new chairman, we don't want anymore letters winging it to the owners of this forum.

Yep. Strong words coming through. All very speculative too... People straying very close to the line.

We do this with players, and now we do it with chairmen- fall out with them before they've even kicked a ball (metaphorically for Mel). Lets not make assumptions, none of us know what's going on behind the scenes at the moment. It'll be clear soon.

Clement is not my choice, I would certainly keep Mac - right man for the job, till Morris poked his face into it.........

With all the media talk of Mac going and as he was called in on Thursday night for crisis talks on his future, I find it shoddy and certainly unprofessional that the board have not done one thing or the other. They have started all the media hipe that is now doing the rounds.

Call him in and then do not sack him or back him, it was only a couple of weeks ago Mac turned down Toon, now Morris is sticking his fat head in the door  - its well I want McClaren out, its the Newcastle job the reason we did not get promoted.

No, Mr Fat head injuries cost us promotion.......

MaClaren has been shifty over this and imo his actions over the Newcastle job were selfish. the respect I had for him when he came has long gone .

Everything I read about Mel Morris makes me think he is a level headed man, who cares about derby people and the club. Friends who know him, advise him tell me he's a man who conducts himself with dignity. That's enough for me!

Clement is not my choice, I would certainly keep Mac - right man for the job, till Morris poked his face into it.........

With all the media talk of Mac going and as he was called in on Thursday night for crisis talks on his future, I find it shoddy and certainly unprofessional that the board have not done one thing or the other. They have started all the media hipe that is now doing the rounds.

Call him in and then do not sack him or back him, it was only a couple of weeks ago Mac turned down Toon, now Morris is sticking his fat head in the door  - its well I want McClaren out, its the Newcastle job the reason we did not get promoted.

​Know this for a fact do you? I have a word for you. It starts with "def" and ends in 'ation'.

​Mel Morris is nobodies fool ,if he did bank roll the loans and I believe there was a fee of £300k plus wages for Ince and he has a good case to believe that Mac has derailed the promotion push with the Newcastle saga that he has every right to question Steve's future with Derby .

The squad we had should have performed better even without the injured players ,the loss of form was so great there must have been other factors besides the injuries.

Also don't forget Mel Morris bought a scanner for the Derby hospital deserves more respect IMO.

​Mel Morris is nobodies fool ,if he did bank roll the loans and I believe there was a fee of £300k plus wages for Ince and he has a good case to believe that Mac has derailed the promotion push with the Newcastle saga that he has every right to question Steve's future with Derby .

The squad we had should have performed better even without the injured players ,the loss of form was so great there must have been other factors besides the injuries.

Also don't forget Mel Morris bought a scanner for the Derby hospital deserves more respect IMO.

Spot On ! 

​Let's examine the flimsy line of logic that makes you point the finger at Mel Morris. He's rumoured to be lined up for appointment as chairman (so far,so good),but now we descend into the realms of hyper speculation. Some seem to think that this would involve an upgrade to major shareholder,and I've even seen 'majority' (meaning over 50%) touted.If journalists thought the same way (not particularly unlikely), then their stories on Mel becoming chairman would automatically be embellished with 'and major/majority shareholder',simply because that's what they thought would need to happen.

The only thing we know for certain is that,as at 30/11/14, there were only 3 ordinary shareholders of Global Derby (UK) Ltd;  North American Partners LLC (a company,not the individual investors),with over 90%,and 2 minority shareholders in MM and SR. Now since that date MM may or may not have been allowed/encouraged to up his stake from minor to major (a level open to interpretation) ,but he could have done this regardless of being offered the chairmanship.

Now let's examine the possibility of a majority stake.If NAP allowed this (and they'd have to),they'd be putting themselves in a position wherein they'd retain a stake,but would be outvoted on any contentious issue.Do you find this scenario likely?

So SR and MM set off for the States for a full board meeting,and it appears that the outcome of such meeting may well have led to a decision to part company with our manager -but this would have been a decision of the full board. For all you know,MM may have supported SM and been outvoted ! Just because other members of the board aren't in the local spotlight doesn't mean they have no views,one way or another,on the matter.Think before you post. 

If buts and maybes - only thing for certain is Mac was called in for crisis talks Thursday evening with Rush and Morris and then somebody let it slip to the press that Derby were letting Mac go......

Seculation then went on and on without a whisper from the board, is Mac sacked and or they backing him.

UTTER SHAMBLES.

If buts and maybes - only thing for certain is Mac was called in for crisis talks Thursday evening with Rush and Morris and then somebody let it slip to the press that Derby were letting Mac go......

Seculation then went on and on without a whisper from the board, is Mac sacked and or they backing him.

UTTER SHAMBLES.

Are you trying to undermine DCFC by posting this stuff. 

UTTER SHAMBLES.

​Well at least you acknowledge that your personal attacks on one individual are based on ifs,buts and maybes. Do you think the rest of the investors should have flown over to hold 'crisis talks',or do you think it would make rather more sense for the locally based men (knowing the thoughts of the rest) to hold same?

​Out of genuine interest,what's your reading of it?

To me, it seems like Morris wasn't happy with how McClaren handled the situation. Part of the group who had unrealistic and unnecessary expectations, in literally expecting him to tell Newcastle to piss off in public. Now, I know literally nothing about Morris so I could be completely wrong but that's what it seems like to me. 

To me, it seems like Morris wasn't happy with how McClaren handled the situation. Part of the group who had unrealistic and unnecessary expectations, in literally expecting him to tell Newcastle to piss off in public. Now, I know literally nothing about Morris so I could be completely wrong but that's what it seems like to me. 

It's not just one mans decision the whole DCFC board  take the decision .

Maybe you don't think the board got it right but you or I don't know all the facts that led to the decision yet so why would you say you don't like Mel Morris and not say the same about Sam Rush or any other board member ! 

It's not just one mans decision the whole DCFC board  take the decision .

Maybe you don't think the board got it right but you or I don't know all the facts that led to the decision yet so why would you say you don't like Mel Morris and not say the same about Sam Rush or any other board member ! 

​Exactly, neither of us know the truth so why are you arguing with me? I've already said that I could be completely wrong.

Why have I only said it about Morris? I believe that he's the one who wants McClaren out and is pushing for it.

​Exactly, neither of us know the truth so why are you arguing with me? I've already said that I could be completely wrong.

Why have I only said it about Morris? I believe that he's the one who wants McClaren out and is pushing for it.

So you single out one board member. 

Archived