McClaren still head coach as it stands..

​As it should be.

At the end of the day, the flies will be attracted to the smelliest turd, but when that dries out they will move on.

Putting that into English, the local journalists are waiting and seeing, whereas the Nationals have a deadline to meet and a few column inches to fill. If they are right, their reputation will be enhanced in the eyes of some. If they are wrong, well tomorrow they will have another guess.

​I tell you what though Eddie, I'm most excited to see what Nixon has to say about all this! :ph34r:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the years I've learned to trust nothing said about our club until it's printed on the back of the DET, but even they've taken to writing stuff up in reaction to the national press's flights of fancy, usually with no rebuttal either way.  Are any journalists truely in the know nowadays???  Except for mackworth Ram of course ;)

I'm assuming that the meeting was confidential - I'm also assuming that the meeting was not bugged and that neither Steve McClaren nor Sam Rush have spoken to the press.

Therefore, at this stage, everything is speculation. If people choose to believe somebody or other (i.e. the journo who says that Steve is off or the journo who says that he is not), that's like betting on red or black at the roulette wheel. It doesn't matter how many times one colour or the other has come up in the past - it bears no relationship to what might happen in the future.

I'm assuming that the meeting was confidential - I'm also assuming that the meeting was not bugged and that neither Steve McClaren nor Sam Rush have spoken to the press.

Therefore, at this stage, everything is speculation. If people choose to believe somebody or other (i.e. the journo who says that Steve is off or the journo who says that he is not), that's like betting on red or black at the roulette wheel. It doesn't matter how many times one colour or the other has come up in the past - it bears no relationship to what might happen in the future.

​What's this obsession with colours???  Do you work for Benetton??? #90sjoke

urmmm, i dont think he's going: 

Pat murphy - BBC 

Latest on Derby & Steve McClaren

Football

Pat Murphy

BBC Sport

Posted at08:46

"Steve McClaren is not on the brink of being sacked today by Derby County.

"He had a two-hour meeting last night with the club's chief executive Sam Rush - described as positive and open. But McClaren's rumoured departure was not discussed.

"I understand it was spelt out to the head coach that there will be tough discussions ahead after Derby's promotion charge faded away - but a parting of the ways or any compensation was not on the agenda.

"Rush and McClaren have an excellent working relationship and the head coach still has two years left on his contract."

​Thanks for that. I was late for a meeting and didn't have time to post the text.

​What's this obsession with colours???  Do you work for Benetton??? #90sjoke

​Red Dwarf, mate. Fuchal, cat wars etc

or sign up for 4 years  with 100% loyalty  with non of the crap we had earlier this year 

​Nice idea but would equate to Steve agreeing to sign up for 4 years as a slave. You have a contract so you're loyal up to the point that someone else comes along with a better contract (and compensation to buy you out of your current one). It's just how it works - quite rightly.

0b6c51e37d8ac83b5cd8459703468096.png

Just so you know Owen (If you're reading this) if I was ITK I would definitely tell you all the juicy gossip 

​Oh Owen! Of course he will leave at some point. He can't be too far off retirement age for a football manager! lol

DERBY LINE UP CLEMENT

Derby will offer Paul Clement a staggering £2million-a-year to quit Real Madrid and replace Steve McClaren, writes The Sun.

From Sky's Transfer Centre thing. Crazy money, I can't see that being true..

​The Sun have a track record of being right - or is it one of being wrong?

I'm sure that somebody will tell me.

Actually I think that there was one transfer window when they were wrong precisely 100% of the time. Wake me up when it's over.

IF McLaren is to stay and all this blows over, look what happened with Pearson at Leicester he was apparently sacked then rehired on the same day and pulled off the impossible.

So your saying we should all book hotels for Sunday night and get tickets for the play off final Monday, as Derby will be there?

By Rob Dorsett
Last Updated: 22/05/15 10:59am

Steve McClaren: His reign at Derby could be close to an end
Steve McClaren is set to leave his post as Derby manager later on Friday, Sky sources understand.

McClaren and his agent met with the club's chief executive Sam Rush and director Mel Morris on Thursday night, but no agreement was reached.

LEAGUE TWO - 23rd May
SouthendvWycombe
Southend7/5
Wycombe9/5
Draw23/10
CORRECT SCORE - 23rd May
SouthendvWycombe
1-06/10-113/22-117/21-29/12-010/10-212/1
Derby are unhappy with McClaren's refusal to publicly rule himself out of taking over at Newcastle after the Premier League club made an approach for him in January and again last month.

It is understood Morris, a Derby businessman, will soon hold a majority share in the Rams and become club chairman.

Morris blames McClaren and the Newcastle speculation for Derby's poor finish to the season, which saw them go from top of the Sky Bet Championship in March, to missing out on the play-offs altogether when they were beaten 3-0 at home by Reading on the final day of the season.

Further discussions between Derby and McClaren's representatives will take place on Friday, to try to agree a departure deal. McClaren still has two years left on his contract.

So your saying we should all book hotels for Sunday night and get tickets for the play off final Monday, as Derby will be there?

​But on a serious note, looking from another view point nothing is set in stone he is leaving and these discussions aren't a contract extension (highly unlikely). What I am getting at is Pearson didn't let the pantomime surrounding him have any effect when he took charge for the remaining games. IF McLaren stays I still think he will do the job next season.

Eddie - So who gets to wear the doughnut and hold the golden sausage???

​Same person who has the holy custard stain.

Archived