McClaren still head coach as it stands..

​But on a serious note, looking from another view point nothing is set in stone he is leaving and these discussions aren't a contract extension (highly unlikely). What I am getting at is Pearson didn't let the pantomime surrounding him have any effect when he took charge for the remaining games. IF McLaren stays I still think he will do the job next season.

By Rob Dorsett
Last Updated: 22/05/15 10:59am

Steve McClaren: His reign at Derby could be close to an end
Steve McClaren is set to leave his post as Derby manager later on Friday, Sky sources understand.

McClaren and his agent met with the club's chief executive Sam Rush and director Mel Morris on Thursday night, but no agreement was reached.

LEAGUE TWO - 23rd May
SouthendvWycombe
Southend7/5
Wycombe9/5
Draw23/10
CORRECT SCORE - 23rd May
SouthendvWycombe
1-06/10-113/22-117/21-29/12-010/10-212/1
Derby are unhappy with McClaren's refusal to publicly rule himself out of taking over at Newcastle after the Premier League club made an approach for him in January and again last month.

It is understood Morris, a Derby businessman, will soon hold a majority share in the Rams and become club chairman.

Morris blames McClaren and the Newcastle speculation for Derby's poor finish to the season, which saw them go from top of the Sky Bet Championship in March, to missing out on the play-offs altogether when they were beaten 3-0 at home by Reading on the final day of the season.

Further discussions between Derby and McClaren's representatives will take place on Friday, to try to agree a departure deal. McClaren still has two years left on his contract.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By Rob Dorsett
Last Updated: 22/05/15 10:59am

Steve McClaren: His reign at Derby could be close to an end
Steve McClaren is set to leave his post as Derby manager later on Friday, Sky sources understand.

McClaren and his agent met with the club's chief executive Sam Rush and director Mel Morris on Thursday night, but no agreement was reached.

LEAGUE TWO - 23rd May
SouthendvWycombe
Southend7/5
Wycombe9/5
Draw23/10
CORRECT SCORE - 23rd May
SouthendvWycombe
1-06/10-113/22-117/21-29/12-010/10-212/1
Derby are unhappy with McClaren's refusal to publicly rule himself out of taking over at Newcastle after the Premier League club made an approach for him in January and again last month.

It is understood Morris, a Derby businessman, will soon hold a majority share in the Rams and become club chairman.

Morris blames McClaren and the Newcastle speculation for Derby's poor finish to the season, which saw them go from top of the Sky Bet Championship in March, to missing out on the play-offs altogether when they were beaten 3-0 at home by Reading on the final day of the season.

Further discussions between Derby and McClaren's representatives will take place on Friday, to try to agree a departure deal. McClaren still has two years left on his contract.

I'm going for a draw at 23/10

He genuinely may have 'gone.. for lunch' as the irritating message board children say

​We've known for a while that he's out to lunch. Out to lunch, breakfast, dinner. He's not in for a single meal.

​We've known for a while that he's out to lunch. Out to lunch, breakfast, dinner. He's not in for a single meal.

​That's a load of Tottenham, that is. Yeah, a steaming pile of Hotspur.

Not sure if anybody else has posted this, its from Pat Murphy at the BBC at 8 45 this morning.

"Steve McClaren is not on the brink of being sacked today by Derby County.

"He had a two-hour meeting last night with the club's chief executive Sam Rush - described as positive and open. But McClaren's rumoured departure was not discussed.

"I understand it was spelt out to the head coach that there will be tough discussions ahead after Derby's promotion charge faded away - but a parting of the ways or any compensation was not on the agenda.

"Rush and McClaren have an excellent working relationship and the head coach still has two years left on his contract."

So how has Pat got it so wrong?!

​That's a load of Tottenham, that is. Yeah, a steaming pile of Hotspur.

​Come on Eddie, he gets all of his football knowledge from one single reference book - The Junior Encyclopaedia of Management. It's the only one he could find with pictures in it!

There's no point feeling sorry about Steve. It's a kindness. He's like an old incontinent sheepdog who's had his day. Take him out to the barn with a shotgun and blow the mother away. And I'm only saying that because I'm so fond of him.

Not sure if anybody else has posted this, its from Pat Murphy at the BBC at 8 45 this morning.

"Steve McClaren is not on the brink of being sacked today by Derby County.

"He had a two-hour meeting last night with the club's chief executive Sam Rush - described as positive and open. But McClaren's rumoured departure was not discussed.

"I understand it was spelt out to the head coach that there will be tough discussions ahead after Derby's promotion charge faded away - but a parting of the ways or any compensation was not on the agenda.

"Rush and McClaren have an excellent working relationship and the head coach still has two years left on his contract."

So how has Pat got it so wrong?!

​If he had turned out to be right, he'd be the next Jesus because he was the only guy saying it. As it is, he was wrong but it'll be lost in the shuffle of all the journalistic madness going on around the club.

​If he had turned out to be right, he'd be the next Jesus because he was the only guy saying it. As it is, he was wrong but it'll be lost in the shuffle of all the journalistic madness going on around the club.

​I'd be interested to know who described the meeting to him as "positive and open". Or maybe hes just well jel of the other journalists getting the inside scoop, so he made it all up so if it does come true, he looks like the best journalist there is.

​I'd be interested to know who described the meeting to him as "positive and open" or maybe hes just well jel of the other journalists getting the inside scoop he made it all up so if it does come true he looks like the best journalist there is.

​Journalist? Make something up? Don't be ridiculous.

I feel like I've just woken up from a massive coma, the years 2138, I don't have a clue what's happening!

​The year is 2138. Jake Buxton is England captain and half robot. Billy Davies STILL has unfinished business.

Archived