McClaren still head coach as it stands..

Sky sports news,outside the pro, at approx 5.45pm,the reporter there said possibly by 8 pm and his position is untenable regardless of which day he's a goner!

​Didn't the press say the same thing on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Someone earlier was demanding continuity - seems like we've got it at the moment. Second, third, fourth and fifth verses, same as the first.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky sports news,outside the pro, at approx 5.45pm,the reporter there said possibly by 8 pm and his position is untenable regardless of which day he's a goner!

​Excellent news, needs sorting asap!

​Excellent news, needs sorting asap!

​But it isn't 'news', is it?

What you really mean is 'excellent conjecture, needs sorting asap'.

Madness if we get rid of Mac, the reason we got Ibe and others was due to his coaching. We will be mid table next year as Mel the business will poke his nose and want his own person. Probably bring Clough back !! What twits we are 

​Pretty sure we will still be able to attract young prospects on loan. 

We are renowned for giving young players a chance and the fact that Ibe, Ince, Lingard, Bamford, Wisdom, Keane etc played well while they were at the club will only improve our chances further. 

Also yes Mac was a big attraction because of his coaching ability but Paul Clement wouldn't be a bad attraction either. Yes Mac coached the England players etc but Clement has been coaching Ronaldo and Bale etc. he's got to be a pretty good coach to move from Chelsea to PSG and then to Madrid. 

Whether you think getting rid of Mac was a bad choice or not I don't think that will have any affect on us getting some really good young players in on loan if we need to. 

​JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU!!!

Hes gone now! 

:D

​So what the Derby Board waiting for then - they have had the meeting? Either Sack him or say he's staying - could have made the announcement today after the meeting - but doing nothing is just playing the waiting game (all about severance money)

DET now says it wont be resolved to next week - ironically that will be after the Newcastle game

Maybe not just a silly lad.............................announcement will be Monday.....

Ahem.......

​And? That might have been a relevant criticism before McClaren took over but we've seen what he's capable of. There's a few things you can criticise McClaren for but 'he's failed at previous jobs' isn't a relevant one. 

​which is why my first comment on this thread had nothing to do with where else he has failed but that fact he came 8th when bookies favourite to win the league.

If you don't hit your objectives you suffer the consequences i'm afraid.

Archived