McClaren still head coach as it stands..

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks that right now Morris, Rush, McClaren, Simmo, Buxton, Steele and co are all out on the piss in the boozer laughing at how pathetic and needy Derby fans were about Newcastle speculation and have just pranked the Derby fans again!

I can hear them now "they're all on meltdown!"

I've just bought some trainers off Sports Direct website. Hopefully this will sort out any cash flow issues Mike Ashley is having paying our compensation.

You feckin traitor......be gone!

Am I the only one who thinks that right now Morris, Rush, McClaren, Simmo, Buxton, Steele and co are all out on the piss in the boozer laughing at how pathetic and needy Derby fans were about Newcastle speculation and have just pranked the Derby fans again!

Never looked at it that way to be honest. 

​Now that appeals to my sense of humour, Mostyn. Sarcasm, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and….satire.

Mel Morris is really Doug Piranha.

Sky sports news tonight confirmed that Mac is now expected to leave Derby County early next week.......

​But they said he gone yesterday and today?

The over-riding thing was that McClaren was mightily pissed off with having to keep bat off the Newcastle speculation, but until Newcastle make an approach, he won’t even think about it, let alone talk about it. Rush had a reassuring smile about it and cited the differences in speculation about Hughes to Liverpool and McClaren to Newcastle. The fans dismiss the Hughes talk but get in a flap about the McClaren talk. They all find it very amusing.

mostyns account of the q&a with sam rush smiling away.......

if the current reports are accurate then it implies that sam has totally mis-read the severity of the issue 

i'd love to be a fly on the wall

if mel morris  is ranting and raving, and schteve is defending his position, i can't imagine which side of the fence Sam is shifting about on. 

It feels a bit late in the day to be getting in such a lather over newcastle. It reminds me of when Adam Pearson fired BD and all of his staff. The club took Billy far too seriously. now we're taking Newcastle too seriously as well. 

whats gone is gone. Move forward.

I find it difficult to believe that Appleby and Co would want all this. 

I can't help but wonder what next season would behold if McClaren is still here, providing the rumours of the fallout are true, because he dug his heels in. 

The fans would have to back him for it to work, but most have accepted, some even willing, his departure from the club.

I find it odd that we would sack him despite under performing this season. I have no doubts under McClaren we would have a strong team next season, whereas Clement is a bit of a gamble. I'm also under no illusion that this sacking and hiring of someone like Clement would cost big money. 

From the outside looking in, Newcastle were clearly interested in him yet he was as loyal as anyone could expect him to be. We're not a premier league side and everyone wants to climb the pyramid, so to speak, so it wasn't a huge issue for me. In truth, it never really occurred to me that it would happen. I will admit his answer to the question of Newcastle's interest was a poor one but did it really matter? 

What we need to be doing, McClaren or Clement, is looking to finish off the squad. By this, I mean by purchases and coaching. 

Clement is my first choice should someone come in because he clearly has pedigree. He's gone from a school teacher to Real Madrid's assistant manager due to his ability to impress big names in the game. I appreciate that a lot more than an ex pro with a big name or even a coach with a good reputation at this level, I.e. holloway, warnock and even Warburton. 

My hold up with McClaren is his signings thus far, not the loanees, but the permanent signings. I don't mind youngsters with a bit of promise - Christie and Calero - but Shotton and Warnock already look surplus to requirements. Albentosa needs a big pre-season but I still have hopes for him. Clement has no track record in this area but I'd imagine that he's worked with a huge array of players of differing abilities and will know what makes a difference. 

In fairness, though, it's no different from when Boro picked McClaren up all those years ago. Clements just had a bigger period in assistant management.

I don't buy that because he's never been the first team manager that he doesn't know the job though. He's a good choice but coming in after a odd situation (if it happens). 

My hold up with McClaren is his signings thus far, not the loanees, but the permanent signings. I don't mind youngsters with a bit of promise - Christie and Calero - but Shotton and Warnock already look surplus to requirements. Albentosa needs a big pre-season but I still have hopes for him.

......but chris Evans identifies the players, and the head coach coaches them.

that was sam's big idea.

if the signings are shiit then surely chris evans should go.

I can't help but wonder what next season would behold if McClaren is still here, providing the rumours of the fallout are true, because he dug his heels in. 

The fans would have to back him for it to work, but most have accepted, some even willing, his departure from the club.

I find it odd that we would sack him despite under performing this season. I have no doubts under McClaren we would have a strong team next season, whereas Clement is a bit of a gamble. I'm also under no illusion that this sacking and hiring of someone like Clement would cost big money. 

From the outside looking in, Newcastle were clearly interested in him yet he was as loyal as anyone could expect him to be. We're not a premier league side and everyone wants to climb the pyramid, so to speak, so it wasn't a huge issue for me. In truth, it never really occurred to me that it would happen. I will admit his answer to the question of Newcastle's interest was a poor one but did it really matter? 

What we need to be doing, McClaren or Clement, is looking to finish off the squad. By this, I mean by purchases and coaching. 

Clement is my first choice should someone come in because he clearly has pedigree. He's gone from a school teacher to Real Madrid's assistant manager due to his ability to impress big names in the game. I appreciate that a lot more than an ex pro with a big name or even a coach with a good reputation at this level, I.e. holloway, warnock and even Warburton. 

My hold up with McClaren is his signings thus far, not the loanees, but the permanent signings. I don't mind youngsters with a bit of promise - Christie and Calero - but Shotton and Warnock already look surplus to requirements. Albentosa needs a big pre-season but I still have hopes for him. Clement has no track record in this area but I'd imagine that he's worked with a huge array of players of differing abilities and will know what makes a difference. 

In fairness, though, it's no different from when Boro picked McClaren up all those years ago. Clements just had a bigger period in assistant management.

I don't buy that because he's never been the first team manager that he doesn't know the job though. He's a good choice but coming in after a odd situation (if it happens). 

​I think from interviews, newspaper articles and comments I have read that Clement fits the bill in terms of being a top coach and good tactician from what I can gather, which fits the bill of what Derby are looking for. I'm sure like Mac, Clement if he does indeed come, will be given the role of Head Coach. 

I remember reading an article a while ago where Rush said he wanted Derby to emulate Southampton or someone in the club did. Get a structure in place, a philosophy and stick to that, I know from taking an interest in the way Southampton do things that they have a shortlist all the time for potential managers now that fit the clubs philosophy which is why they brought Koeman into replace Pochettino. I think the fact we are going for Clement shows the signs that we are in fact trying to create a structured stable club.

We obviously don't know the ins and outs of everything yet, but you'd have to assume that Rush is saying to any potential manager that the club wants their man to fit this philosophy of creating an attractive team with a good academy looking to blood youngsters. I don't think any of us expects the academy staff to change because of this, I don't think they did when Mac came in. So I think under our current board and directors we are now in a good place to keep moving forward. 

It will be new to Clement but there has been a conveyor belt of managers come out of Mourinho's tutorship/ Chelsea's and you have to say most of them with the exception of maybe Steve Clarke who's done okay as a manager but not amazing, have all done a pretty good job, most recently Karanka. I'm optimistic, well I always am when a new manager comes in, I think its an exciting time at most football clubs most of the time. He is extremely highly rated by so many top people in the game that he must have something about him, its just now about whether he can handle it all being the top dog, it must be very different going from a assistant to the main guy. 

It will certainly be an interesting summer and depending on who he brings into the back room staff, who we keep player wise and sign, I still think (hope) we will be a strong team under him next season..... if he comes. (Covering my tracks so I don't look like an idiot when Paul Ince takes over :cool:)

Management and coaching are two different things.

no-one would have considered paul clement a few weeks ago.

now suddenly he's everyone's choice. 

Why is that? 

He's got no track record.

Is it simply that he has a Real Madrid badge on his tracksuit top? 

In what way is coaching the multi-millionaires of Real Madrid to beat the dross and fodder in the Spanish League relevant to trying to get Derby out of an extremely competitive English Championship?

It would be easy the name half a dozen others with as much credibility

Clement is not my choice, I would certainly keep Mac - right man for the job, till Morris poked his face into it.........

With all the media talk of Mac going and as he was called in on Thursday night for crisis talks on his future, I find it shoddy and certainly unprofessional that the board have not done one thing or the other. They have started all the media hipe that is now doing the rounds.

Call him in and then do not sack him or back him, it was only a couple of weeks ago Mac turned down Toon, now Morris is sticking his fat head in the door  - its well I want McClaren out, its the Newcastle job the reason we did not get promoted.

No, Mr Fat head injuries cost us promotion.......

Clement is not my choice, I would certainly keep Mac - right man for the job, till Morris poked his face into it.........

With all the media talk of Mac going and as he was called in on Thursday night for crisis talks on his future, I find it shoddy and certainly unprofessional that the board have not done one thing or the other. They have started all the media hipe that is now doing the rounds.

Call him in and then do not sack him or back him, it was only a couple of weeks ago Mac turned down Toon, now Morris is sticking his fat head in the door  - its well I want McClaren out, its the Newcastle job the reason we did not get promoted.

No, Mr Fat head injuries cost us promotion.......

Did you catch one of those Middlesborough season tickets .

Archived