McClaren still head coach as it stands..

Its hard to see how the relevant relationships can survive this process.

I therefore assume that both sides are in a stand off.

The club presumably haven't got proof that he has had inappropriate contact with newcastle, but want to sack him and potentially sue him for damages and breach of contract if newcastle don't pay up the compensation; Clement on standby.

Newcastle may have been trying to engineer a situation which saves them from paying any compensation.

Schteve's presumably not admitting anything, and threatening to sue for unfair dismissal.

Where Sam Rush stands is anyones guess after he sat longside Schteve whilst the latter joked about newcastle's interest at the Q&A.

What a mess. 

Obviously i'm speculating. But i'm not hysterical. 

If it is true that schteve has been in contact with newcastle then to demand compensation from dcfc is disgraceful.

this will all end up in court, with fat Mick laughing all the way.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe, it's a case of we're not paying you off, therefore you can sit on gardening leave until your contract expires.

That way, an immediate payout is avoided, but also the opportunities that are in Steve's view now will either have to pay compensation or will be long gone by the time the contract expires and probably won't be so interested in a year's time.

Sort a game of who blinks first.

Ambitious nailed it above.

I  have dismissed speculation prior to yesterday's events, but dismissing everything that was reported about 'the meeting' would simply be burying my head in the sand. 

Altering your views / changing your mind is not being a hypocrite. Whoever set the attack dogs on curtains, you can call them off.

Simply the fact that yesterday's meeting happened, was brought forward and attracted such a level of attention is enough justification for becoming somewhat more believing of the reports -  it doesn't make you a hypocrite to take it all on board and come to a new belief, nor does it mean that you believe everything that was written before. 

......except no-one is bashing themselves in a frenzy....i think most are simply resigned to whats going on.

......except no-one is bashing themselves in a frenzy....i think most are simply resigned to whats going on.

​I tried to post my 'calm down, calm down' scouser picture but couldn't find it. My main photobucket account appears to have been suspended.

I'd put my left ******* on that. 

Off topic, but I always love this as a turn of phrase you know. Why would you do that? Are you hoping to win another one in the bet? Imagine taking that to Ladbrokes...

Off topic, but I always love this as a turn of phrase you know. Why would you do that? Are you hoping to win another one in the bet? Imagine taking that to Ladbrokes...

​Afterwards, you could set up a pawnbroker's.

urmmm, i dont think he's going: 

Pat murphy - BBC 

Latest on Derby & Steve McClaren

Football

Pat Murphy

BBC Sport

Posted at08:46

"Steve McClaren is not on the brink of being sacked today by Derby County.

"He had a two-hour meeting last night with the club's chief executive Sam Rush - described as positive and open. But McClaren's rumoured departure was not discussed.

"I understand it was spelt out to the head coach that there will be tough discussions ahead after Derby's promotion charge faded away - but a parting of the ways or any compensation was not on the agenda.

"Rush and McClaren have an excellent working relationship and the head coach still has two years left on his contract."

Just had a similar exchange on Twitter to the conversation above....

may may I add a LOL as well at the end?

There are two people that know what happened for sure in that meeting, Sam and Steve.

​Agreed.

Everything else is as it has always been - people so insecure in their own lives that they have to make up stuff or try to second-guess, just so that if the coin comes down 'heads', they can say 'I told you so'.

What did I say yesterday about a lot of people being idiots? Idiots are incapable of waiting and seeing. 

Archived