Paul Clement...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Clement to pocket £2.7m-a-year Derby County contract upon becoming Steve McClaren's successor

• Paul Clement to agree £2.7m deal with Derby County on Friday
  • The Real Madrid assistant is to spurn late advances from Sunderland
  • Sunderland could turn to former Derby boss Steve McClaren  

By SIMON JONES FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 22:33, 28 May 2015 UPDATED: 00:12, 29 May 2015

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
38shares

View comments

Paul Clement will accept the manager's job at Derby County on Friday on a salary of around £2.7m a year despite late interest from Sunderland. 

Clement is leaving Real Madrid where he and Carlo Ancelotti are to be replaced by Rafa Benitez who officially announced his departure from Napoli.   

Derby recently sacked Steve McClaren after failure to earn promotion to the Premier League, as they see the Real Madrid assistant as the perfect replacement.

Paul Clement will agree a deal with Derby on Friday, believed to be around £2.7m a year, to become boss

Paul Clement will agree a deal with Derby on Friday, believed to be around £2.7m a year, to become boss

The headline I like is where it says Clement has took a pay cut to come here. God I love where our club is at, at the moment I could literally not read media etc for months and believe every decision would be for the benefit of the club life culdn't be better.

*Maybe it could beans leaked into my work bag and my shirt is full of bean juice FML*

The headline I like is where it says Clement has took a pay cut to come here. God I love where our club is at, at the moment I could literally not read media etc for months and believe every decision would be for the benefit of the club life culdn't be better.

*Maybe it could beans leaked into my work bag and my shirt is full of bean juice FML*

​yep, definitely one of my favourites! :lol:

From SDSR, the true #ITK from another Derby board.

Another bit of gossip is that last week we spoke to Robert Huth about joining up, but Leicester where he was on loan at, have stolen the March and he is joining them

​*** GERMAN CENTRE BACK ALERT ***

​yep, definitely one of my favourites! :lol:

​I'm known for stupid silly things which can only happen to me! Had a mid-year review once and asked my boss does he mind me being silly etc at work does it effect my position. His answer was no wouldn't change me for the world!

Paul Clement ‏@PaulClement1972  5m5 minutes ago

It has been an honour to have worked with Carlo at the Number 1 Club in the World. Thank you to all the Players, Staff and Fans. Hala Madrid

​How dare he NOT say Derby are the Number 1 club in the world.

BCO! (boooooo, Clement out)

Derby County: Reports Paul Clement will earn £3m a year at Rams dismissed as 'absolute nonsense'

REPORTS that Derby County's number one target for the post of head coach, Paul Clement, would earn multi-million pounds a year with the Rams has been described as "absolute nonsense".

A report in The Sun said Clement is ready to sign a staggering £3m-a-year contract.

Reports elsewhere put the figure at £2.7m.

I understand these figures are wide of the mark by some considerable distance.

Derby's stance has remained unchanged this week.

They expect to appoint a new head coach early next week and Clement is odds-on favourite to fill the role.

The 43-year-old does not formally leave Real Madrid until this weekend.

He is assistant coach with the Spanish giants, who dismissed manager Carlo Ancelotti this week.

The journalist Henry Winter just replied to a tweet about Clement saying players he's coached rave about him. A pretty good comment when you think of the players he's coached

Sunderland will appreciate that then.

The journalist Henry Winter just replied to a tweet about Clement saying players he's coached rave about him. A pretty good comment when you think of the players he's coached

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter  12m12 minutes ago

Henry Winter retweeted Paul Clement

This man will be in demand. Talented, respected coach. Now time to be tested as a No 1.

Archived