Paul Clement...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​ Probably not as much as this , but they did say earlier this week that he was on £2ml at Real .

​Yeah, but he's never managed in his life. I can imagine him earning something decent for pedigrees sake, but it would have to be less than that and hidden in a promotion bonus.

£3m-a-year??

Will someone tell Fawaz to stop giving our fecking board advice! 

I'm just glad it's not my money. In all seriousness, though, I can't believe it. I could be wrong, but that would make him one of the most expensive managers in the game. 

Mancini earns - £3.5m; Rodgers - £3.6m; Pellegrini - £3.8m

It's even more than Big Sam was on at West Ham. 

Firstly, thankyou for allowing immediate registration, so many messageboards make you wait for days.

I think Clement will become Sunderland's new coach. We have a Director of Football system, unfortunately, so a coach rather than manager will fit the bill. Clement and Congerton (our DoF) are good friends and Clement's name was linked with us before Advocat came in.

Personally, I'd rather we sacked Congerton and appointed Sean Dyche as manager but it could be that your loss will be your gain. If you get Dyche I think he'll be a better appointment than Clement.

We should know soon. Good Luck!

​Unlucky.

He was rumoured to be accepting a pay cut to come here, bringing him to £1.75m, so I don't believe the £3m unless there's a large promotion bonus included.

Whatever, the ambition being shown would be staggering for a Champ club, and would hint at a similar level of spending on players IMO. He's not coming here on that kind of money to eke out mid-table on a diet of Ben Pringle "potential" signings from Ilkeston Town.

£3m-a-year??

Will someone tell Fawaz to stop giving our fecking board advice! 

I'm just glad it's not my money. In all seriousness, though, I can't believe it. I could be wrong, but that would make him one of the most expensive managers in the game. 

Mancini earns - £3.5m; Rodgers - £3.6m; Pellegrini - £3.8m

It's even more than Big Sam was on at West Ham. 

​As far as I can tell, would make him the 13th highest paid manager in the world

​As far as I can tell, would make him the 13th highest paid manager in the world

​We've turned into the Red Dogs, haven't we?

​Exactly it's got to be bullshit.

Unless Mel Morris is some lunatic who doesn't care about how much money he spends, and FFP has been seriously relaxed, I really cannot fathom how it can be anywhere near £3mil a year.

​We've turned into the Red Dogs, haven't we?

​Man City of the Midlands mark 2, well ,well, MM and SR certainly have large balls if they pull this one off .It is a massive statement of intent ,no pressure then PC. It's promotion or bust, hang on boy's we are going for a ride and an half.

Archived