Paul Clement...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's times like now (73 pages and counting for a POSSIBLE new manager) that I thank God I'm not a Forest fan. Could you imagine going through this every year!? Reading NFFCtreeboy (sorry Rammy) saying how we should bring in Mourinho because he's the only one worthy. C5'arris saying bring Brian out of retirement, until somebody reminds him that he died years ago. Then somebody says "bring back Billy, he's got unfinished business, but sack him with 3 months of the season left before he has chance to have his strop. And then bring Pearce back because we all know he has an incredible effect for the first 2 or 3 months and he'll get us over the line with a month to spare". And at the end of it all we end up with Douggie :blink:.

Of course, all of this might come back and bite me on the arse next week :(

It's times like now (73 pages and counting for a POSSIBLE new manager) that I thank God I'm not a Forest fan. Could you imagine going through this every few months!? Reading NFFCtreeboy (sorry Rammy) saying how we should bring in Mourinho because he's the only one worthy. C5'arris saying bring Brian out of retirement, until somebody reminds him that he died years ago. Then somebody says "bring back Billy, he's got unfinished business, but sack him with 3 months of the season left before he has chance to have his strop. And then bring Pearce back because we all know he has an incredible effect for the first 2 or 3 months and he'll get us over the line with a month to spare". And at the end of it all we end up with Douggie :blink:.

Of course, all of this might come back and bite me on the arse next week :(

​Fixed.

From SDSR, the true #ITK from another Derby board.

"Hi guys sorry I haven't been active much recently

Bit of gossip I've heard is today is Clement has agreed terms today. He's been fiddling around with a pay off with Madrid but that is seemingly sorted now. An announcement won't be far away. Sunderland had late interested, but has chosen us.

Bent hasn't agreed yet. I'm told he's waiting for discussion with the new head coach before making a decision, although the club are confident on him joining.

Another bit of gossip is that last week we spoke to Robert Huth about joining up, but Leicester where he was on loan at, have stolen the March and he is joining them

Finally, we have been speaking to Alex Pearce of Reading. He has rejected a contract and has been talking to a few clubs, one being Leeds. The club are very interested in him, and discussions are continuing. Good free agent, and I think that's one that might just happen"

The Clement thing makes sense. Obviously still at Real Madrid so if we have to wait a week (from Mac's departure) for him to be available then fine. Not sure how much of a 'pay-off' he'd be due if his contract is up though? Pay off at Real, 3 mil a year here... what a greedy bar steward!

​Hmmm, maybe not. I'll be in the gutter after a few of those.

​Make sure you trowel yourself dry afterwards

Archived