McClaren out?

Posh Ram

Should Steve McClaren be fired?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​Ha. At least we want the club to get better. If you think there's nothing wrong, you're content with mediocrity and don't want the best for the club. That's not fandom mate

​what makes you so sure changing the manager will make the club better?

You do realise we have been top 5 for 70% of the season? You think that is mediocre? Are you ******* smoking crack? Look at Derby over the last 15 years and tell what is good, mediocre and bad in your deluded eyes!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This season has been a huge disappointment granted, but some you so called fans think that the best thing to do would be to sack the manager, the man who turned our mid table mediocre side to the brinks of promotion. I'll admit that his signings have been somewhat disappointing, but who would've thought that the players with the calibre of Darren Bent would come to Derby or Jordon Ibe and Tom Ince, who got those players, Steve McClaren.

Getting promoted isn't a short term project, look at QPR, you can spend loads and get promotion and then get instantly relegated and be in massive financial trouble. What we have at Derby is massive project, a club with solid foundations, huge support, sensible owners, a great chairman and an experienced manager who knows how to handle these situations, we have learned more from this season then we have last season, what weaknesses need improving and what is needed to win this league. The coach who I trust to get us here is the one who has already achieved more in 2 seasons then in the last 5.

The way I feel now after 6 pints of Guinness and a pint of Black Sheep is that I'm almost glad we didn't get in the play-offs, because losing another semi or final would finish me off.  I'm 57 years old and was going to the baseball ground from the age of 10 and I've seen all the ups and downs and dealt with them all until last year.

The hardest thing to swallow is the utter capitulation of our defensive unit. Time after time after time, the back 5 and Hughsie play pitter patter across the penalty area for 10 passes, then Keogh/Forsyth hoof the ball to the opposition.  We all see it, the TV sees it, everybody sees it.

Why cant the Manager?

Our possession stats may have been 60%+ all season, but most of that has been in our own half where it is meaningless.

I am completely disillusioned and heartbroken, but above all, I am angry.  Cast your minds back to the Birmingham game.  2 up in the 95th minute and we don't have the collective defensive skills or mentality to see that out for 2 minutes of injury time.  That has cost us more than any injury.

Our squad is big enough to cope with injuries with the possible exception of our CDM problems.

But ultimately our demise has come about through very basic defensive frailties and in my opinion, Maclaren has not managed them well. 

When the going got tough, Maclaren metaphorically packed his bags and for that reason, he should go (Preferably of his own accord).

I am now going to add to my alcohol tally and see if my coke dealer wants to come over for a game of Russian roulette !!

He has to go for me - he has masterminded the biggest collapse in form and morale I've ever seen, and surprise surprise its been since Newcastle tapped him up in January. We can talk about players being responsible for their on field actions but the state we are in is down to McClaren. Some of his signings have been very mediocre (Shotton & Albentosa spring to mind) and he clearly has no plan B when the team gets found out. His time is up and he seems to want to out so lets give him what he wants.

It does feel like the end.

its difficult to imagine schteve turning this around. The bubble has burst. Its all gone very very flat.

​I agree with this - I just can't see him turning this around - is he really going to motivate the players for next season after the last few months ?

​what makes you so sure changing the manager will make the club better?

You do realise we have been top 5 for 70% of the season? You think that is mediocre? Are you ******* smoking crack? Look at Derby over the last 15 years and tell what is good, mediocre and bad in your deluded eyes!

We have been very, very mediocre these past few months. We need to work out how to stop this alarming regression, and quickly. Sacking McClaren is an avenue that should at least be explored. Things cannot stay the same if we want to be back in the Premier League.

I don't think McClaren should be sacked and I'd be shocked if he was. That said, I wouldn't be upset if he went Newcastle at this point, especially as failing to deny it has had a huge effect on the morale of the fans at least and potentially the squad too. 

Whatever happens over the summer, in Sam Rush I trust.

I've never understood the love-in for sam rush.

the decision to split the managers role into a coaching role with recruitment by others has to be seriously reconsidered if we do need to attract a new strong manager.

Poor recruitment has ultimately been a big factor in creating a poor defence and upsetting the squad.

Trust MR RUSH ,after all he holds the season ticket money,will be some left after all the new scouts have had their bonus

Could it be Dr Ming strikes again.The open forums should be good.

OH how the red dogs laugh

Yeah. must be hilarious looking up at us. Where we are better both on and off the pitch.

I didn't pay Sam Rush my season ticket money. Neither did anyone else. They pay because they're in love with Derby. Grimsby away, Man City at home. Steve McClaren or Paul Jewell.

I don't think SR will sack him but I don't think he'll reject the obligatory phone call from that fat c**t Ashley either.  I can imagine we'll require the £2m compensation to cover Ince's & Bent's wages.

I know his record since coming in has been extremely good and some of the football we've had the pleasure of watching (even this season) has been great but Schteve has completely balls-ed up this Newcastle situation.  Even if he wants the job he should've denied it until they came in with an offer to keep everyone onside.  The conspiracy theories about him telling the team before the Fulham game he was going may well be complete bulls**t, but it's no coincidence our form has been rubbish since he refused to quash the rumours

What we have at Derby is massive project, a club with solid foundations, huge support, sensible owners, a great chairman and an experienced manager who knows how to handle these situations......

surely thats just what we didn't have?

surely thats just what we didn't have?

​No, this season Mac has learnt what needs improving at Derby, the problems with the squad happened after January, some of his decisions have annoyed me, like playing Forsyth at CB 3 times and I admit that I think he is a bit stubborn, but I really don't think we could get anyone better.

My concern is the lack of momentum or is it the direction.  I could say we paid back the 3 goals recovery we made against Ipswich in the 4 4 game today.  2015 has been horrible and I've seen nothing in McC and his team this year that gives me any hope of an improvement or return to earlier form.

Archived