McClaren out?

Posh Ram

Should Steve McClaren be fired?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​not at all. Clough had 4 summers. McClaren has had one. You may say Mac was given players, but who? We are short on defenders and midfielders, so tell me all of these players you think he has been given!

He has had alot of players......

christie, shotton, albentosa, warnock is a complete back four, but the back four has been a shambles.

lingard, bent, and ince is a complete front line and they have been selected ahead of Derby players.

dawkins, mascarell, and thorne was a complete midfield?

ok unlucky with thorne but he has had a lot of players.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there were comments from nixon to the effect of "you guys have had your wallets out all season" he demanded we keep last season's team which led to the Bryson contract etc, we signed Thorne, we brought in loans i think it's fair to say he got as much as any manager is ever going to get.

He has had alot of players......

christie, shotton, albentosa, warnock is a complete back four, but the back four has been a shambles.

lingard, bent, and ince is a complete front line and they have been selected ahead of Derby players.

dawkins, mascarell, and thorne was a complete midfield?

ok unlucky with thorne but he has had a lot of players.

​in terms of numbers maybe, but in terms of quality and cost, you wouldn't suggest any of the back four you list would've been top transfer targets, yes 2 of the 3 loan players you mention as a front line have IMO been a success, although Lingard goes down as a bad signing to me.

Dawkins was free, Mascarell a loan, and Thorne in my opinion is the only truly good backing he's had in terms of permanent signing.

Give him another season ffs (thats if he isn’t off to another club!). I trust him to reflect on the season and learn from his mistakes. Lets stop taking the sting out of games at 2-0 and really go for it. Lets stop rotating the squad to keep players fresh. Play the best possible 11 each game and turn us back into that relentless team brimming with confidence and scoring for fun. Lets get back to that 13/14 team we all loved!

Its not just McClarens fault, a large majority of the team hasn’t performed well enough, and its individuals (Ince & Bent) that have got us out of jail over the past few months. We need the majority of players playing well to be a successful TEAM, and we need to cut out these comical errors. I’ve lost ******* count of how many goals we’ve gifted the opposition.

If McClaren fails next season, then yes he should probably go.

For me, he shouldn't be fired, or allowed to leave. He's had one, yes ONE summer window to improve the team, he's had one, yes ONE full season as manager. He needs to be allowed to build his own team.

He will have learned a lot about this team in the last couple of months, and I think that is a good thing. If you change manager now, the next manager will come in and put faith in the players that McClaren will rightly boot out now.

I think the club tried to be a bit cute in the transfer market and make do with the bulk of inherited players, I think this summer should see 3 or 4 quality signings minimum to shore up the spine of the team.

You can put a golden saddle on a donkey, but it doesn't make it a thoroughbred racehorse, it's still a donkey.

Derby spent the majority of the season in a false position over-achieving. The fans knew it, and made it clear to the players that they were not good enough to win promotion. Therefore cannot be upset about it.

The previous manager was given 5 years to do it his way, which was 4 summer transfer windows. McClaren deserves a chance to rebuild this frail team.

I don't see a golden saddle?

a blanket full holes maybe

​We are a championship team but not a Championship club. Possibilities are huge. I would like to think we could attract a very high profile manager. 

​At present we are a championship team and a championship club.  That's all that matters.  If you asked fans of each club  if they thought their club was a 'premier league' club, i think you would require a hugely enlarged Premier League to accommodate everyone.

you think he is going to leave qatar to come to a championship team?

Well that all depends on if he wants to build his bank balance or reputation.

The fact I didn't even know he was out there says a lot to me about where as a manager he'd be better off at.

It does feel like the end.

its difficult to imagine schteve turning this around. The bubble has burst. Its all gone very very flat.

​Ha. At least we want the club to get better. If you think there's nothing wrong, you're content with mediocrity and don't want the best for the club. That's not fandom mate

​It's just some of the comments made on here are ridiculous, never said there was nothing wrong mate. I would love for McClaren to stay.

Archived