McClaren out?

Posh Ram

Should Steve McClaren be fired?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​or take this scenario

warburton knows hes leaving, he carries on with his job as usual with determination to make himself a decent CV and a good list of potential employers for him

Maclaren knows hes leaving, he loses interest and his mentalityt creeps down to the players, we know they have the ability, but something about their mentality of disinterest has developed, which has to come from the management team

​Very hard to know either way, unless your part of the club. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Credit to Warburton then?

Him for next manager please.

McLaren has blown it in almost inconceivable fashion. I'm struggling to comprehend the magnitude of the failure.

​Yeah he's done well at Brentford. As for next manager maybe, it'd be interesting to know who any candidates would be. 

If a change of management were to happen, the sooner it happens the better.  A new manager would appreciate having the whole summer to assess his squad, get rid of who he doesn't want. bring in a few players and plan for next season. There is a lot of work to be done.

Snippets from his interview:

"I feel more sorry for the fans than anyone. We were limping toward the line. The support was magnificent"

"this is a journey, this is not the destination"

"I've been angry for a long time underneath. Frustrated that we got to the top and didn't kick on. I'm boiling and raging"

"we need something different now, something extra . . . We want to reflect now"

"I'm under contract at Derby. The speculation has not affected us."

"My determination is to get this club back on track."

You can't lay all the blame on McLaren, without putting his boots on he can only do so much. We have a lack of characters, been plagued with injuries. If the 11 professionals on the pitch aren't playing due to media speculation they are doomed and will go no higher in there careers. Mclaren should have given a more definitive no to the speculation but no fan knows what he's telling his squad behind closed doors. The players are to blame if anyone, terrible defending for months we have finished where we deserve to have finished. 

Did well with Clough's players, and had the reputation (and backing) to bring in top quality loans. Ultimately though the January signings were abysmal save Bent. Lingard is nowhere near as good as Ward, Ince scores wonder goals but ruins the team pattern. Miles better with Ward and Russell wide. Worse still the defenders. Warnock, Albentosa and Shotton are far worse than what we had. I'd take Mark O'Brien over Albentosa or Shotton any day, and Bucko is in a different league to either of them. Warnock set off badly costing us the cup game, and has bumbled along incompetently ever since.

Ruined a lovely team which in fairness he galvanised. Sack him? He wants shooting.

The other one is the recruitment wallah, Evans. He's had the plaudits, now he's got to take his share of the blame. Epic failure from a position of strength.

You can't lay all the blame on McLaren, without putting his boots on he can only do so much. We have a lack of characters, been plagued with injuries. If the 11 professionals on the pitch aren't playing due to media speculation they are doomed and will go no higher in there careers. Mclaren should have given a more definitive no to the speculation but no fan knows what he's telling his squad behind closed doors. The players are to blame if anyone, terrible defending for months we have finished where we deserve to have finished. 

​I don't think the Newcastle rumours is the main thing though. Whether or not that affected the players, we have been dogshit.

TobyWanKenobi

Disgusted by some of our so called 'fans'.

See you next season. I don't want to be a part of a forum full of moaners all summer.

​Personally, I'd send him on his holidays, then change the locks.

I may change my mind when I've calmed down but at the moment, I can't even bear to read his name.

​Personally, I'd send him on his holidays, then change the locks.

I may change my mind when I've calmed down but at the moment, I can't even bear to read his name.

We all pay our money and are entitled to our opinions, chopping and changing managers isn't the way to go for me. Whoever is in charge though has a long summer with a lot of rebuilding to do. 

Archived