McClaren out?

Posh Ram

Should Steve McClaren be fired?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the blame for our capitulation has to be placed on his shoulders.

Too much tinkering with the system (no settled back four), failure to devise a plan B (or A!), failure to stop the descent into hoofball, failure to stop our horrific defensive displays.

We've had five years of mediocrity. Some sort of change needs to be made now to stop this slide back to mid-table. 

Accuse me of not supporting the team if you like. I just want what's best for this great football club, and right now it seems to me that the best thing might be to fire Steve McClaren.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has to go either way. The players visibly no longer believe in him, as shown by their display today.

For what was at stake, we just looked like an unhappy team out there and the reaction of a few players at full-time proved that. Whether through bad luck or what not, it's just not been right.

Not even angry, just embarrassed how the last 2 months have gone. Persistently trying to fit square pegs in round holes, just play a bloody system that suits the players we have fit.
Today was disgraceful, no urgency or passion, they looked as though they weren't even trying.

I have always supported Mac but really couldn't give a **** if he went, I am already resigned to the fact will lose half our team but right now I couldn't give two *****.

See you all next season.

too much tinkering, weve got one of the best attacks in the league, we showed that last season where we trashed everyone

so what does he do?

make us more defensive.

Lewis hamilton is one of the best F1 drivers in the world, so dont stick him in a rally car!

He has to go either way. The players visibly no longer believe in him, as shown by their display today.

For what was at stake, we just looked like an unhappy team out there and the reaction of a few players at full-time proved that. Whether through bad luck or what not, it's just not been right.

Could  have told that a long while ago 

Nope we shouldn't be paying him off, he either leaves because he wants to walk away and admits failure or he stays we invest and he fights to do the job he was brought in to do. 

He hasn't rebuilt his stock anymore, two failures means he's exactly back where he was when he joined us, he and we as a club now have a lot to prove, for 2/3s of the season we look like we had answered the question of bouncing back from the play offs. But can we bounce back from two disappointments?

I am not so sure, but as always I look forward to the potential signings, I look forward to hopefully hearing Sam Rush talk about their intent for next season. Disappointing yes, but we go again next season as we do every year.

Interesting point made by a chap on RD that it's easy to blame the Mac to Newcastle scenario. Everybody at Brentford know's Warburton is leaving Brentford but they are flying. 

The players are either underachieving, or are not as good as the hype. 

Interesting point made by a chap on RD that it's easy to blame the Mac to Newcastle scenario. Everybody at Brentford know's Warburton is leaving Brentford but they are flying. 

​or take this scenario

warburton knows hes leaving, he carries on with his job as usual with determination to make himself a decent CV and a good list of potential employers for him

Maclaren knows hes leaving, he loses interest and his mentalityt creeps down to the players, we know they have the ability, but something about their mentality of disinterest has developed, which has to come from the management team

​Credit to Warburton then?

Him for next manager please.

McLaren has blown it in almost inconceivable fashion. I'm struggling to comprehend the magnitude of the failure.

Archived