Odds on the next Derby County manager

Ambitious

My feelings remain the same despite all the other postings on the subject.We have

acted too soon,and should have given Mac until at least the winter transfer window

too show he is still on the ball.What's to lose?Is every other club in a race to sign

Clement or anybody else? I haven't seen his name linked to any other club.Why the

rush.why now do we gamble?Surely there is no need to panic,managers will always

be available,new ones are taking their badges all the time.Mac has not been a disaster

the right man may be just around the corner.I sincerely hope it's our new man,and I will

be the 1st to stand up and say well done you got it right,I was wrong!( be the first time though) 

​Clement has been linked with LOTS of clubs.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/29/arsene-wenger-agrees-for-real-madrid-coach-paul-clement-to-replace-him-as-arsenal-manager-4926702/ - Arsenal

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11587915/Newcastle-short-list-Real-Madrid-coach-Paul-Clement-as-contender-for-managers-position.html - Newcastle

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/tim-sherwood-and-real-madrid-assistant-paul-clement-on-aston-villa-shortlist - Aston Villa

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/****-advocaat-is-new-sunderland-boss-with-real-madrid-s-paul-clement-lined-up-for-summer-1-7158790 - Sunderland

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2840701/Paul-Clement-No-2-No-1-club-world-Real-Madrid-assistant-fast-one-Europe-s-wanted-managers-making.html - QPR and West Brom

... I'm sure there is more too. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what's cracking with Betvictor, they've got clement at 1/16 and Sean Dyche at 2/19. Bizarre. Obviously some sort of cock up.

​It's not a cock up. They're just hedging their bets. These markets are tiny, but normally someone genuinely #ITK will place a bet. If some money's gone on Dyche at long odds, it's not worth their while taking any more.

I would rather have McClaren than Clement or Dyche. Very disappointed,

​It's not a cock up. They're just hedging their bets. These markets are tiny, but normally someone genuinely #ITK will place a bet. If some money's gone on Dyche at long odds, it's not worth their while taking any more.

​To be completely blunt about it, I'd take Nigel over McClaren as it would at least mean that we'd know our manager had some loyalty. "Are you interested in the Newcastle job?" "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..."

If there was ever a time to get rid of McClaren, it was now. Whether or not it's for the best remains to be seen, but it is what it is. The club at the very least has been decisive. The last thing we'd ever need is them faffing about and ruining the offseason by keeping him here, only for him to go later, putting back our preparations, or worse, him staying and leaving next winter, which could destroy an entire season. 

There's odds on who will be the next Derby boss: 

Sean Dyche is the favourite at 8s

McLeish, Ferguson (Darren), Poyet and Colin all at 10s

Eddie Howe and Paul Lambert at 14s

Uwe Rosler at 16s

Hoddle, Karl Robinson and Zola at 20s

Holloway, Phelan, Ince, Keane, Mackay and Bruce at 25s

Worthington, Brown :D, Di Canio and Fowler at 33s

Curbishley and Megson at 40s

-------------------------

If McClaren was to leave, I would be happy with any of the following: Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe, Paul Lambert, Steve Bruce, Mike Phelan and maybe... Karl Robinson. 

Worringly, the most popular bet on the market at the minute is Alex McLeish, but it's followed by Eddie Howe. 

Love it how clements name ain't mentioned at all here

​To be completely blunt about it, I'd take Nigel over McClaren as it would at least mean that we'd know our manager had some loyalty. "Are you interested in the Newcastle job?" "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..."

If there was ever a time to get rid of McClaren, it was now. Whether or not it's for the best remains to be seen, but it is what it is. The club at the very least has been decisive. The last thing we'd ever need is them faffing about and ruining the offseason by keeping him here, only for him to go later, putting back our preparations, or worse, him staying and leaving next winter, which could destroy an entire season. 

​what a mental post!

a) Clough was NEVER wanted by anyone even level (in league terms) with Derby, let alone a Premier League club

b) McClaren didn't accept any offers, how much more loyal does he need to be? There's no law that means by not saying something means you do or don't want it!

​No, it's a cock-up.

Dyche is now 8-1 - and the odds on Clement remain unchanged at 1-16

​what a mental post!

a) Clough was NEVER wanted by anyone even level (in league terms) with Derby, let alone a Premier League club

b) McClaren didn't accept any offers, how much more loyal does he need to be? There's no law that means by not saying something means you do or don't want it!

​a) He actually was, but people have short enough memories to forget such. The most notable was the Forest link, but there were others, which is when it came out that he hadn't gotten his coaching badges at that point. The difference was that it was brushed off, people moved on. Bizarrely there were people talking about him for the England job at times, not even tongue in cheek. 

b) McClaren never stopped the speculation, and it coincided with a massive collapse, and a huge feeling of angst around the club. Take from that what you will. At this point it's very possible the decision was made because he refused to commit 100% to the club behind closed doors. 

If you think that one was mental though, I compared McClaren to Billy Davies in another.

​a) He actually was, but people have short enough memories to forget such. The most notable was the Forest link, but there were others, which is when it came out that he hadn't gotten his coaching badges at that point. The difference was that it was brushed off, people moved on. Bizarrely there were people talking about him for the England job at times, not even tongue in cheek. 

b) McClaren never stopped the speculation, and it coincided with a massive collapse, and a huge feeling of angst around the club. Take from that what you will. At this point it's very possible the decision was made because he refused to commit 100% to the club behind closed doors. 

If you think that one was mental though, I compared McClaren to Billy Davies in another.

​What needs to happen in my opinion is Candy Crush Man should make a club statement to the press giving a more detailed reason why the board came to their decision. The fans and the media all seem to be guessing on what as gone on behind the scenes since January, which was an amazing 6 months ago.

​What needs to happen in my opinion is Candy Crush Man should make a club statement to the press giving a more detailed reason why the board came to their decision. The fans and the media all seem to be guessing on what as gone on behind the scenes since January, which was an amazing 6 months ago.

​That'd be nice, but I doubt we'll get it. More likely, we'll get a manager announcement this week, with some shiny signings to quieten everyone for now. 

​That'd be nice, but I doubt we'll get it. More likely, we'll get a manager announcement this week, with some shiny signings to quieten everyone for now. 

As nice as that would be, we will at most only get the first of those. It won't be surprising if a head coach is ready to come in this week. However, our squad still has a number of rest weeks before preseason training, which they need to take, after a short break last season. Any new manager will more than likely have some idea of our playing staff and any changes in style they want to implement. But I would be surprised if any signings we're made before he has had a look at our players first and identified for himself what's needed. And no, it's not obvious, we're supporters who have a plethora of opinion that contradicts each other. He's paid for it, so I'll let him decide. We will see new faces this offseason, just not for a few weeks yet

Archived