Odds on the next Derby County manager

Ambitious

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The person sat next to me yesterday told me Sam Rush was missing the match, as he was meeting Laudrup for talks. Does anyone know if Sam was at the match? 

Rush attended every home and away games. 

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion Paul Clement would be a good choice.

He's experienced in football without having any failures as a manager, because he's never been one. He's been at Real Madrid, worked with some of the best coaches and players in the world which can only be a positive thing.

As his next management job would be his first management job, his abilities are going to be judged a lot on how he does. That's why I think we'd be a better bet that teams linked, or previously linked to him for example Sunderland and QPR. As a first time manager the last thing you need is one job, one season, one relegation. How about one job, one season, one promotion?

I'm sure the decision to send Omar here wasn't a one man decision, so Clement probably had input and therefore should think a lot of us as a club and should have been able to gain regular contact to check up on Omar. So overall I think he would be a good bet for us.

​Proof that I'm the most ITK person on this site :ph34r:

​Proof that I'm the most ITK person on this site :ph34r:

​Does ITK work without #?

It might be a bit like "O'Grady Says"

​Does ITK work without #?

It might be a bit like "O'Grady Says"

​It does but I didn't want to put too many #ITK's about in case it gets trending. If it gets trending then ultimately people will come calling for my amazing ITK (not hash-tagging) source.

I will not give up my ever reliable source and I am not allowing anyone to claim their £5.

​If Rush could land Paul Clement that would be an unbelievable coup. I doubt it would happen unless we were promoted to the Premier League.

More proof that I am yet again an unpaid advisor to Derby County FC. ​

First Ibe, then Ince... If they match my wages now then I'll come up with this gold on a permanent basis. 

I'll now sit by my email and await an answer! :)

​Alright mate just pretend you know me :D:D

​Lol ok. Seriously I don't think he's 'good choice' but there you go.

​Lol ok. Seriously I don't think he's 'good choice' but there you go.

​Looking the list of other suitors, there's not many I'd put ahead of him.

Clement or Warburton, anything other than that IMO would be a mistake but I'm happy to be proved wrong. Each successful manager needs someone to take a risk on them, to give them a chance.

He who dares, Rodney...

vaYZDhJ.jpg

Looking the list of other suitors, there's not many I'd put ahead of him.

Clement or Warburton, anything other than that IMO would be a mistake but I'm happy to be proved wrong. Each successful manager needs someone to take a risk on them, to give them a chance.

He who dares, Rodney...

vaYZDhJ.jpg

​No one know who is we're looking at though.

My feelings remain the same despite all the other postings on the subject.We have

acted too soon,and should have given Mac until at least the winter transfer window

too show he is still on the ball.What's to lose?Is every other club in a race to sign

Clement or anybody else? I haven't seen his name linked to any other club.Why the

rush.why now do we gamble?Surely there is no need to panic,managers will always

be available,new ones are taking their badges all the time.Mac has not been a disaster

the right man may be just around the corner.I sincerely hope it's our new man,and I will

be the 1st to stand up and say well done you got it right,I was wrong!( be the first time though) 

Archived