Odds on the next Derby County manager

Ambitious

Owen Coyle got Burnley promoted. They were 16th when he took over. Holloway got Blackpool up.

He's won 38% at both his jobs. He's going to get relegated.  He plays ugly football. 

They're Burnley not The Mundy Arms. 

Owen Coyle!!! Brian McDermott has a higher win percentage at Reading than Dyche has had anywhere.

People turn their noses up at Holloway and Warnock... They've pissed all over Dyche. Warnock multiple times. 

Newspapers hype Dyche and everyone buys into it. Look for yourselves. Ugly losing football. 

Winning promotion with Burnley isn't a sign that Jesus is born. He owes most of that to an incredible start and then they saw it out. Like a good version of Pearce.

I'm not saying he's pants. I'm saying there's no reason to be up his ****other than because a newspaper tells us he's good.

A newspaper would say Redknapp is better than AVB.

​Remeber when Aidy Bothroyd has linked with the England job circa 2006, I do, the Dyche of the mid-2000s

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you kept going on about it? By the way we haven't got a manager but we DO have a 'head coach' though, it seems ppl on here don't get that in their brain. Lol

I'm so confident that mcclaren is going. If he doesn't I'll leave this forum for good. Warburton will be our new manager 

He's rejected a European style head coach & DOF system so why accept it elsewhere?

Unless it's more a case of knowing he can get a bigger job, gives him a credible reason to leave and pre-agreed pay off so he can walk straight in to a bigger side with his credibility in tact.

He's rejected a European style head coach & DOF system so why accept it elsewhere?

Unless it's more a case of knowing he can get a bigger job, gives him a credible reason to leave and pre-agreed pay off so he can walk straight in to a bigger side with his credibility in tact.

Actually he rejected signing players based on statistics, rather than seeing them playing an actual real life game.

Actually he rejected signing players based on statistics, rather than seeing them playing an actual real life game.

So that's the difference in footballing philosophies? What club would sign their players on statistics and not from watching them play?

So that's the difference in footballing philosophies? What club would sign their players on statistics and not from watching them play?

​Well thats how brentfords chairman wants to go about it which is why hes getting rid of Warburton. The chairman wants everything based on what is put into a computer after each match, whilst I think its obviously a good way of maybe telling you a players strengths and a players consistencies, ie amount of completed passes, it doesn't really tell you anything about the mentality of a player or how the players personality might affect your team. It also surely has no context, a player might have the best passing per centage out there but he only passes it 5 yards to his nearest team mate every time. It seems mad like you say, what club would do it but it appears thats the way brentford are going. I'm also pretty sure thats how they have been sigining their players already, or at least a big part of it. I maybe wrong on that.

All the people saying Mac is deffo going. 

What is the most reliable source? 

Not one newspaper article I've read has had anything to work with

From people ITK it's like "yeah my mate works at the ipro". Right, and Mac told him in the toilet? 

In fact I read one article and it said something like "It's well known that McClaren would fancy a club based in the North East"

Is it? I didn't know that. When did this become common knowledge? Apparently it's well known. 

So newspapers have no quotes from anyone. Twitter claims Sam Rush is telling plumbers. And the bookies make him favourite.

Of course people then say that bookies are never wrong. The bookies aren't saying Mac is going to Newcastle though. Your bets are. That's why the odds change. I don't think the bookies give a ***** where he goes. They just won't lose money. 

Bookies and newspapers. Papers give YOU a hint. You turn a hint into gossip. The papers feed you your own gossip back and you suck it up as info. Then you bet on it. The odds shorten and then you use that as another reason that something is happening. It's all your own doing and you don't even notice. 

So, what's the source? 

If Dyche is so good then why isn't he going to Newcastle? Why did they pick McClaren?

All the people saying Mac is deffo going. 

What is the most reliable source? 

Not one newspaper article I've read has had anything to work with

From people ITK it's like "yeah my mate works at the ipro". Right, and Mac told him in the toilet? 

In fact I read one article and it said something like "It's well known that McClaren would fancy a club based in the North East"

Is it? I didn't know that. When did this become common knowledge? Apparently it's well known. 

So newspapers have no quotes from anyone. Twitter claims Sam Rush is telling plumbers. And the bookies make him favourite.

Of course people then say that bookies are never wrong. The bookies aren't saying Mac is going to Newcastle though. Your bets are. That's why the odds change. I don't think the bookies give a ***** where he goes. They just won't lose money. 

Bookies and newspapers. Papers give YOU a hint. You turn a hint into gossip. The papers feed you your own gossip back and you suck it up as info. Then you bet on it. The odds shorten and then you use that as another reason that something is happening. It's all your own doing and you don't even notice. 

So, what's the source? 

If Dyche is so good then why isn't he going to Newcastle? Why did they pick McClaren?

Not the papers. His family up there. He is going. Let's play out the rest of the season and see what happens but macclaren won't be our manager next year ,whether we are in the premier league or championship

Not the papers. His family up there. He is going. Let's play out the rest of the season and see what happens but macclaren won't be our manager next year ,whether we are in the premier league or championship 

I'm guessing his family don't live that far North. He lives in that direction already. I don't see how that has any bearing on his job.  It's about 3 1/2 hours from here to Newcastle. I'm guessing He has a bit of a commute from his home to work like millions of people so you can't take that off the journey to see family. For example if he lives in Yarm then that's 2 hours from here. So his family at most must be like just over an hour away. 

He's lived in Germany and Holland. 

It's another flimsy line of reasoning made up by papers imo. 

Just like the article that said "it's well known" he wants to be in the North East. Why is it? When did he say this? Who knows?

He's worked at NOTTINGHAM Forest,  DERBY County, QPR,  MANCHESTER United as well as working abroad and then for the FA based in London. 

For all I know he could be the next Real Madrid manager. But if I claimed that then I'd say WHY I know.

Nobody has named a source. Not one journalist. Well,  they're now quoting fans as sources who they fed the story to in the first place. 

The Mirror said yesterday that Newcastle are signing Austin to convince Mac to go.

Thought he was already convinced?  

Archived