Odds on the next Derby County manager

Ambitious

The only person out of that list of names I could potentially see us going for would be Laudrup. I'm not saying we'd get him (he might not want to drop to the championship) but he'd definitely be on our shortlist, mainly due to the style of play he brought whilst at Swansea.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only person out of that list of names I could potentially see us going for would be Laudrup. I'm not saying we'd get him (he might not want to drop to the championship) but he'd definitely be on our shortlist, mainly due to the style of play he brought whilst at Swansea.

​Out of curiosity, is Idiakez still coaching the Fester youth? Or has he moved on/up/sideways/backwards? 

Laudrup is a name that keeps being mentioned to me. Also he will be out of contract at the end of the season. ;)

Laudrup is a name that keeps being mentioned to me. Also he will be out of contract at the end of the season. ;)

​Warburton will be out of contract very soon, Rednapp been stating in the papers this week that he's ready for another job and quoted he would like to take a championship side to promotion

I don't want Sean Dyche, Alex McLeish, Darren Ferguson, Gus Poyet, Neil Warnock, Eddie Howe, Paul Lambert, Gianfranco Zola, Ian Holloway, Paul Ince, Roy Keane, Malky Mackay, Nigel Worthington, Phil Brown, Paulo Di Canio, Gary Megson or Harry Redknapp anywhere near my football club. 

I don't think McClaren is leaving anyway.

​ps you missed Billy, or would u have him back/

Derby boss Steve McClaren is firm favourite to be offered the role permanently in the summer, but former defender Howey insists owner Mike Ashley will keep Carver, who has seen his side pick up just five points from their previous 10 matches, in place.

“The fans, and myself included, don’t think Newcastle are going to get a big name manager in,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show.

“For a big name manager to come in he’s going to make demands and want money. He’s going to want money for himself and for players.

“I think [owner] Mike Ashley will stick with JC [John Carver]. I feel really sorry for him because he’s had injuries and suspensions, along with players not being on form.

“It’s been a really difficult time for him and I just hope he can turn it around.”

I think by June/July there's going to be a lot of people with egg on their face. 

The Daily Mirror, twitter and McClaren not ruling it out by saying "it's all speculation"... got most of you tied up in your knickers. 

How many times have I read "it's obvious he's going"?

Now he's talking about signing Ince. Newcastle are talking about Carver. Mac and Rush doing a Q&A.

The newspapers even altering their story slightly now by saying "trying to convince" and "the bookies favourite."

ITK my arse. I rarely speak to a guy that's much closer to Mac than a Moor Farm plumber and like I said, he seemed to think the rumour was still from January and was very sort of "not heard owt, all sorted last month wasn't it? ".

Be nice to watch all the ITK people try to claw their reputation back if he doesn't go. 

The Mirror? Lol. 

I agree. I dont think Mac`s going anywhere, especially now he`s started stating that he wants to keep Ince at the club. Why would he even mention that if he has no intentions of being here?

I hope that he does stay too. We have a wonderful academy that works in conjunction with Steve and adapts the youngsters to play in a similar style to the 1st team. We have a good Under 21`s side where SMc has already bought in players for the future like Calero, Koblenz, Ssewankambo and Bujaku. Added to all that, this seasons defensive frailties must have highlighted to him the areas of the side that need strengthening in the summer whatever division we are in.

I think by June/July there's going to be a lot of people with egg on their face. 

The Daily Mirror, twitter and McClaren not ruling it out by saying "it's all speculation"... got most of you tied up in your knickers. 

How many times have I read "it's obvious he's going"?

Now he's talking about signing Ince. Newcastle are talking about Carver. Mac and Rush doing a Q&A.

The newspapers even altering their story slightly now by saying "trying to convince" and "the bookies favourite."

ITK my arse. I rarely speak to a guy that's much closer to Mac than a Moor Farm plumber and like I said, he seemed to think the rumour was still from January and was very sort of "not heard owt, all sorted last month wasn't it? ".

Be nice to watch all the ITK people try to claw their reputation back if he doesn't go. 

The Mirror? Lol. 

​I don't think he will go either, but if we stay down, there's little loyalty in football so if the offer comes he may consider it.

If we stay down, and we're not promoted next season, then people will want his head. If we're mid-table at Christmas, you will be able to hear the boos ring out worldwide. 

​I don't think he will go either, but if we stay down, there's little loyalty in football so if the offer comes he may consider it.

If we stay down, and we're not promoted next season, then people will want his head. If we're mid-table at Christmas, you will be able to hear the boos ring out worldwide. 

If we stay down and a job offer comes in then I would have no complaints if he took it. I don't expect loyalty because if he does badly then there'd be no loyalty to him. It's ruthless game. No such thing as unfair dismissal. It's not a world where you can only do your best. You can be out on your ****real quick and nobody cares about you having investments or mortgages etc. 

It'd be premature if he did go. He was laughed out of Forest. He came here and really did a very very good job with mostly Nigel's team. His permanent signings have been just ok. Couple of good ones and a few meh ones. He hasn't achieved promotion yet. 

It feels to me like he's still at the begining of a job. 

I'm not sure how what he has achieved here will stand up in the grand scheme of things if he comes under scrutiny again. 

Hed be better off finishing something. Stick that on his CV. 

If he went and he flopped I wouldn't be able to help but think "well, you jumped ship too soon" 

I could understand why, but I'd have no sympathy. Especially if it was Newcastle. That's harder than Derby

Archived