Carl Sagan

Saturday 18th April, 15.00 kickoff, at the John Smith’s Stadium

Derby’s last 6:

W2 D2 L2 GF9 GA6 Pts8

Huddersfield’s last 6:

W2 D3 L1 GF6 GA6 Pts9

Head to head:

P88 W36 D24 L28 GF132 GA128

Is Chrissy Powell still a Ram? One of Jim Smith’s decidedly bonkers decisions was to sell the current player of the year and future England left back at a bargain basement price to newly promoted Charlton, to make way for Stefan Schnoor. Hopefully, this Saturday, the Terriers’ manager will remember the club that gave him his chance. Will Huddersfield already be on the beach, or playing with freedom and no pressure? As the playoff race reaches its conclusion, can the Rams handle the pressure? Come on you Rams!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait, love a Yorkshire away day.

2-1 us, Dawkins with a last minute winner. Hoping we play the same team as last night but with Hughes instead of Bryson.

Any idea how many tickets we've sold ? Derby are being unusually coy about it which makes me think we haven't shifted that many. 

Can't wait, love a Yorkshire away day.

2-1 us, Dawkins with a last minute winner. Hoping we play the same team as last night but with Hughes instead of Bryson.

Any idea how many tickets we've sold ? Derby are being unusually coy about it which makes me think we haven't shifted that many. 

​said on RD last night "over 3000 sold"

The team I would field:

Grant

Christie      Keogh   Albentosa   Forsyth

Bryson   Hendrick

Ince        Hughes      Russell

Bent

• Christie and Forsyth return due to being our best fullbacks regardless of recent form.
  • Hughes returns as he is key to our possession based football. Impressed last night with Bryson and Hendrick though so Dawkins dropped to accommodate Hughes.
  • Lingard dropped for Russell as Lingard looks better as an impact sub.

It might seem harsh on Dawkins, Warnock, Whitbread, Shotton and Lingard to drop them after a 4-0 win but Blackpool were the worst team I've seen at home in a while, our Under 21s would have given them a run for their money. That being said, it's coming to the stage of the season now where consistency is key; we need to be heading (hopefully) into the play-offs with a settled first XI, especially in defence.

Now the fact that we have no CDM until Reading is a slight blow because I am an advocate of the 433 system and believe we should return to it as soon as possible due to it creating a better balance within our play. However, I don't want us to rush Thorne back and do him any further damage so the 4231 is the system I think we'll probably be seeing until we're sure he's as fit as he's going to get.

It doesn't seem harsh to completely refit the back four.

It is harsh. And daft.

Half our problem this season has been change after change in the defence. It kept a clean sheet, and played well. Leave it alone. Whitbread can actually distribute, Shotton beat his man, and Warnock kept them organised. 

Same team from last night, please Mac. Build some consistency.

Hughes in for Bryson and Russell for Lindgard. Wouldn't touch the defence. Too many changes this season have been part of the downfall. 

People calling Forsyth and Christie to return based on what? We have conceded one goal and are unbeaten since Christie has been out the side and Warnock has been at left back. Ain't broke don't fix. 

Hughes in for Bryson would be my only change. Brysons goal masked a poor game from him, sloppy in possession and still a shadow of his former self.

Would be very harsh to drop Dawkins, MOTM last night comfortable in possession and without looking at stats id guess a near on perfect pass completion rate. If you can get him and Hughes playing alongside each other the front three are in for a treat .

Grant

Shotton      Keogh           Shortbread     Warnock

Hughes         Hendrick 

Dawkins

Ince                   Bent                     Lingard

Don't think we should change anything except to accomodate hughes. Dawkins has hopefully found his preferred position and makes it his own. Bent just keeps scoring and we need to keep a consistent defence going into the play offs.                         

Grant

Shotton      Keogh           Shortbread     Warnock

Hughes         Hendrick 

Dawkins

Ince                   Bent                     Lingard

Don't think we should change anything except to accomodate hughes. Dawkins has hopefully found his preferred position and makes it his own. Bent just keeps scoring and we need to keep a consistent defence going into the play offs.                         

Like that team. Think the defence might crumble though

Like that team. Think the defence might crumble though

​I don't usually laugh at myself (others do that for me) but for some reason putting shortbread in and keeping the rest of the names serious tickled me. It also made me hungry 

grant

shotton         Keogh        Whitbread       Warnock

hendrick

hughes           dawkins

ince                              bent                        lingard

on its day it would beat real Madrid :P

Archived